Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can a car title be in two people's names who aren't related?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a car title be in two people's names who aren't related?

So my car is almost paid off and I'm getting married this summer. My fiance and I were talking and the question came up... we're going to need to put the title in both our names after the wedding anyway (for insurance and whatnot), so can we just save a step and put it in both our names when I get the title from the bank?
I can't see why not, but I've never looked into legalities relating to cars.

swthrtlaura07
Rating
Yes you can. Just call your bank and say that you want to add a name to the title. They can draw up the papers and get everything taken care of for you both to sign. There might be a fee for doing this, depending on the bank, but its not much. I was on a loan and title with my now ex-boyfriend and there was no problems with doing so.

Therese L
Yes. My boyfriend and I have both our names on our titles.

covering me
I put my friend car in my name. I wanted to know can we both sign the car title? I also want to know just to cover me is there anything I can do to protect me. Meaning if the car was involved in any accident or any tickets. I don't want to be held responsible not saying that my friend is irresponsible but I would rather be safe then sorry. Thank You in advance for your feedback.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Irish insurance question-insured on someone elses car?
If you have comprehensive cover on your own car, with a full licence, are you insured to drive somebody else's car with their permission?

Please settle an argument for me!
T...

How much would my car insurance be?
I'm 18 and I'm in college.Soon I'll be getting my license and a used 1990s sedan. My car will likely be financed and in the $1000-$2500 range. I cant seem to get free insurance quote ...

Car insurance claim gone bad!!!?
I had an accident 6 months ago....it wasn't very much damage. I've had to bring the truck back 3 times. on the last return, there was a huge oil leak, no power-steering fluid, electrical ...

I need a lien release from CITIZENS AUTO FINANCE, INC. Sacramento Ca. There is no info available on them? HELP?
~ there is no email, or web page or any info I can find on them. Any help would be appreciated....

What do i do about lapse in insurance and no registration and being pulled over in NYC?
I was sold a vehicle initially that broke down -- a real piece of junk. the truck sat in the shop for some repair and then in my car port; broken engine. my insurance stopped due to non payment ...

Can you get car insurance without having a direct debit card or credit card?
Im thinking of getting my first car this weekend but dont have a bank account to do the insurance, is there anyway of having car insurance and not pay by card?...

Is there a way to get a new copy of car registration papers?
Well.. the registration for my car is ripped.. and I lost one half of it. I am wondering that if I do not find it, is it possible to get a new copy? How do I do it? Thanks.

I live in TN....

Expensive Auto Insurance in Ma need advise! Thanks?
Hi,

I live in Ma and Iíve made a couple of mistakes with my driving record, $6,000 auto insurance to be exact. Since my car is financed I have to have some sort of insurance on it. My bank ...

Where do I go to pay a drivers license reinstatement fee?
I had a statutory summary suspension in IL, Where do I pay the reinstatement fee and get my license back?...

How can i change my driving test date?
Do i have to go in to the dmv to change the date or is it possible to do it over the phone? Or can you not even change the date ?

I want to make it for a later date.

Provisional licence help needed,?
i have nearly finished the online filling out for a provisonal licence (uk), and i am going to use it for motorcycles and was told there would be something i need to check to be able to use it, but ...

How much will my insurance go up with my speeding ticket?
First of all i know this question has been posted times before but i would like to use my information in this. I was going 29over the speed limit on a highway not near a school zone. This is my first ...

How hard is it to get ur perment in the state of Ohio?
I am able to get my perment march 3 an i did'nt know how hard the test is to get the perment in the sate of Ohio an how long the pacific test is?
Tank You!...

I have rented a enterprise rental and have a cd stuck how do i get it out without them finding out?
hi i have recently rented a hire car from enterprise and there was already a cd in the player, this cd was stuck in when i got the car but one of my kids have managed to ram another one in, how can i ...

How to obtain a care title for a 1996 audi a4?
I have a audi a4 that i bought with no title from an impound yard. it had police release but no title. knowing i may not be able to obtain a title in order to register i didnt pay much. is there ...

If you have Geico insurance...?
Do you have a teenage child added to your insurance? How much is it extra for them? Just liability?
Additional Details
Thank you everyone. I am so flattered by the numerous helpful ...

Driving without a licence?
I have a valid drivers licence and i just went to court today because the judge said driving without a licence is a moving violation in Ohio is this true? i thought it was a non moving ...

Can someone help me with this problem? 10 pts best answer?
whats better sr-22 bond or liablity? Does anyone kno how much an Sr-22 bond usually cost?...

What does it mean if you get the title before you've finished paying for a car?
I cosigned for a friend of mine, he made a down payment. I got the TITLE in the mail and there are still 48 months of payments left.
Does that mean that you own the car and don't have to ...

Insurance adjusters of person that hit you..?
I was at a red light 3rd in line- the 2nd car backed into me as i was stationary..police were called - but lady pleaded with me that she would pay me in a few day- damage seemed small- plate holder ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links