Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can a repo man go into your property and take your car?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a repo man go into your property and take your car?

Can a repo man go into your gated private property and repo your car or call police to get it out?

LT
Rating
Yes they can... just did 2 repo jobs, both were on private property.

LeAnne
Why not - apparently, you went onto the dealer's property and took it.

kosmo
Rating
yes if in driveway but cant go in your garage

Hungrycat7
That's their job isn't it? If you are not paying for it I would say it is time to be the bigger man and just give it back!

manny
Yes,We can

Daniel
yes
the repo men have the right to take their clients property
because you have not been paying for your payments on the car

the cops cant do anything about it

dristan
Rating
yes

Earl s
Rating
not legally, you can call the police to stop them from trespassing or breaking & entering. They are not allowed to take the car if you object. They can't use force.

The police won't help the repo man , a repo is a civil matter, not criminal

That Operation Repo show is full of sh*t

Obviously most repo men have no clue and can be sued for committing breach of peace.

However, when seizing the vehicle, your creditor may not commit a "breach of the peace" by, for example, using physical force or threats of force. Taking your car over your protest or removing it from a closed garage without your permission also may constitute a breach of the peace, depending on the law in your state. Should there be a breach of the peace in seizing your car, your creditor may be required to pay a penalty or, if any harm is done to you or your property, to compensate you.

Legal actions for repossessors in most states:

lying or tricking you
-hotwiring a car
-using a duplicate key to take a vehicle
-taking an automobile from a garage that’s closed but unlocked
-taking the car from an open garage or carport

Illegal actions for repossessors in most states:

-breaking into a garage with a duplicate key to take the vehicle
-taking the automobile after you or a family member objected at the time of repossession
-using abusive language or violence

NOTE -

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can i get my vehicle insurance with out meeting with an accident?
i there any way that i can get my vehicle insurance with out meeting with an accident.
Additional Details
i have insured my vehicle.how can i get money for my vehicle with out meeting ...

My permit was stolen.How do i get one?Do I have to pay?

Can someone find you if they wrote down your license plate number?
I had a little incident this morning with a rude wench. I was traveling in the right hand lane this morning, going the speed limit (45mph) and this idiot comes right up on my tail and tailgates me ...

Cheaper insurance?
I'm 16 1/2 years old and will be getting my license in two weeks. I don't plan on driving regularly; in fact, I plan on driving AT MOST about 4-5 times a month just to get to social events. ...

My car insurance is up for renewal?...?
but i do not want to stick with my current insurer. I have decided to cancel, but the policy is going to be renewed on 1st Feb and they say they need 7 days notice for it to be cancelled.

Will my license be suspended?
i got pulled over and given a ticket of $180 for an improper turn and failure to show insurance. i did not have insurance at the time (i do have it now). my car was indeed registered at the time. i ...

Car accident?
I had an accident but the other party escaped as he was driving a stolen car.Now MIB(Motor Insurer's bureau) deals with my claim.Are they any faster with dealing with cases than the usual ...

I bought a car not tagged, smogged or not running for 2 yrs. why costing me 221.00 to register and tag?
bought used car and not tagged or smogged since it hadnt been running. now they say i have to pay 221.00 just to transfer it over to me. why does it cost so much since it wasnt running?...

Car insurance for teenager with a new car?
I'll be getting a 2009 or maybe a 2010 acura tsx. which car insurance would be best for me?...

Car insurance 18year old male in the UK help please ?
hi does anyone know a good company for car insurance for young males in the UK and does anyone know any good techniques of getting it cheap ie more drivers etc.

also does the quote of the ...

Crashed into a mailbox and I don't have insurance?
First off, I want to say that I just got my license in MA and was planning on getting insurance in a week. I was driving in really heavy snow and I came to a T intersection that lead downhill .When I ...

Have a slight bump , i want to put through insurance, other party doesn't?
Just a hypothethical sitaution.- i am curious as someone i know has had a bump! No damage to my car but the person i bumped has a dent. I want to go through the insurance but they dont (they are ...

Can Insurance companies insure a person with a super car like lambo and ferrari's under 25y old. ?
The reason I'm asking because I'm making good money now and i want to own a super car like a ferrari F355 or F360. But because I'm under 25 and have 90mph speeding ticket, i don't ...

Why are there so many Michigan license plates on the interstates?
Every time I go on a roadtrip in the eastern part of the United States, I can't help but notice an abundance of Michigan license plates on the interstate. Just yesterday, I drove from Lexington,...

What happens if you get into a car accident without insurance?
My friend just had a car accident today. She reported to AAA thinking that she was corvered under her parents. After reporting to AAA insurance company, she called her parents and told them about it ...

How do i find out address of car registrated owner? ?
i want to find address of car registrated ...

Can you fight an expired tags ticket in kansas city, mo?

I'm under 25 and paying $50 dollars for car insurance, for a parked car.?
Am I paying too much in coloado? Should I try to find cheaper insurance?...

My car was stolen?
how do i track my car down i had it ...

How tough is it to get auto insurance after a dwi?
Please only answer if you have experience in the matter.

I was in a major accident 6 months ago involving alcohol, and my insurance dropped me. What kind of trouble should I expect when ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links