Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can i open a bank account if my drivers license is expired?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i open a bank account if my drivers license is expired?

my driver license is cut off at the top cuz i lost my updated one

New York Chic
sorry, you do need a valid i.d. to do anything in a bank!!!

oklatom
Sure, by using your passport, or state issued picture identification card.

Tigger
Banks are real sticklers for positive ID these days. So you will need a valid ID, a valid driver's license, or a picture passport.

buttrfly52
Rating
You can open an account, but you would have to have a State ID card. Something issued by the government with your picture on it. Same thing is needed in most banks to do any type of transaction

SubZero
i have no idea

texasjewboy12
Rating
Who knows? Maybe. I recently bought a new Harley with an expired license. Well, not REALLY expired, but the renewal sticker was on the back, and they only photocopied the front, so when HD credit got the paperwork, they told the dealer they wouldn't validate the contract until the license was proven valid. Trouble was, by then the dealer had approved the sale and the bike and I were loooong gone! Naturally, I was doing some serious riding after buying a new bike, so the dealer doesn't catch me until much later than night. He asked if I had the sticker on the back of my license, which of course, I had. Then he asked if I'd bring it in so he could photocopy the BACK (which the dang fool should have done in the first place!). Naturally, I did, since I was on the up-and-up, and didn't need much of an excuse to ride my new bike again. Bottom line: I guess it depends on who does it, and how much attention they're paying to details!

badbill1941
Rating
If you have other required picture i.d., yes.

Scarlet Rose
You shold be able to...i dont see why not..they jsut need the license number..if you have a state id, that will work too.

Angel girl
Rating
Yes you just need a valid picture ID....so just get one of those....if your lic is cut up.

roo0105
Rating
No, they will require a valid state id or DL. You can also use passports. And if you get your paper temp id you can use that and your old pic id. Good luck!

pintorider
No, There is no way that you can open a bank account if you do not have a current drivers license.

tiffany
i got bank accounts and my liscence is suspended

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Motor insurance - how crazy is this?
my mum has a policy with norwich union which shes had a few years and im the only named driver. about a month ago at renewal i wrote to them to say we didnt need the policy any more. my mother has ...

How to get cheap insurance on a nissan 350z for a 17 year old?

If you back into a speeding driver is it your fault??
A friend was working in a new home construction site...parked sideways at the end of a "driveway"...facing the wrong direction...as he reversed out of the driveway a car came flying around ...

How do I sign a title over to someone?
My uncle gave me a car and the title, but didnt sign it. He told me to sign his name before I take it to the dmv but I have no clue where to sign. Is there a site where I can see a sample of a title ...

My 5yr old scratched our neighbors cars. Will our homeowners insurance cover this?
It was definitely her on one of the cars (she wrote her name on it), but we are not positive about the other 2. The cars were not on our property, they were parked at our neighbors homes. Is this ...

Car accident in a parking lot. Who's at fault?
Earlier this morning, I was leaving school to head home for the day. Our parking stalls are vertical, not slanted, so you can either back out or pull forward to get out. If you pull forward, you have ...

I have a broken windshield and am wondering if it would be covered by my insurance?
I live in Massachusetts, I have Comprehensive w/glass coverage 0 deductible. My windshield has two large cracks on the left and right. The problem is, earlier last year during the 2 week period our ...

Car accident other party's fault -?
I had an accident few days ago. A lady driver ran through a stop light and hit me.

Anyway the ins. company wnats to totall the car, since the car repair costs ($7500) exceed 70% of the ...

Can an auto insurance company total out your auto even if you want to repair it.?
I live in Texas.Ameriprise says that there is a law in the state of texas that says if the repairs are more than 80% of the car value they do not have to repair it but pay the value of the car minus ...

Who can I call to get my car jumped?
I'm currently out of town and the rental car is dead. Who can I call to get my car jumped? The hotel clerk was no help......

Insurance Adjuster estimate less than what it will cost to fix my car?
I was in a car accident that was not my fault. I was hit from behind on the highway and the person who hit me admitted fault 100%. I have submitted a claim through this persons insurance company.

Do car insurance rate drop when one turns 25?
If so, how much? I'll be 25 in 3 weeks.
Additional Details
Not a bad driver. Never had an accident and only had 1 speeding ticket when I was 18 but the judge threw it out....

3 points for speeding in 06, 9 more possibly to come....?
What happens if you get 3 points for speeding in 2006, then left the scene of an accident 2 years after (this year), which means a possible 3 points minimum for 3 offences, which makes 12. Is this a ...

What is the Statue of Limitations on a Speeding Ticket in Texas?
My husband received a ticket back in February of 1998. He does not remember receiving one nor paying it. We have received nothing on this ticket in the past almost nine years. Today we received a ...

What can I do if I was dropped from my car insurance?
I got a letter today, saying that my car insurance policy will be terminated near the end of October, less than a month from now. This is because of a minor accident last December and a recent ...

How will a DUI affect my insurance?
Does anyone have any idea what the typical increase is?

Im 19 but I have no other tickets, accidents etc. Im just wondering how big of an increase im looking at :/...

Can you buy auto insurance the very moment you buy a car? Do insurance companies work that quickly?
Can I call an insurance company the instant I buy a car and say, "Hey, I just bought a car. I want to get insurance for it."? I think companies should do this because if I take off from the ...

Should I let my son have his car back?
In 2 weeks my 19 year old son will have his liscence reinstated from a DUI, and later an underage drinking charge. He has been living with his mother, we divorced 14 years ago. I have his car at my ...

If I call to cancel my auto insurance will they lower their rate to try to keep me?
I thought Esurance was a good deal and I been with them for over 6 months but I found out that Mercury is cheaper and I know they are dependable because my brother is with them and paid promptly when ...

My son got a car yesterday ?
my son got a car yesterday from a man that said the car was in great condition but when we got home the engine light stayed on and it started sounding like a truck i took it to my machinic and he ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links