Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can my apartment tow my car if my tags are 4 months expired?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can my apartment tow my car if my tags are 4 months expired?

I got a 48 notice saying my apartment will tow my car in 48 hrs. because my tags are 4 months expired..I thought cops can't even tow your car unless your car is 6 months behind on registration? So who gives my apartments the right to tow my car?

belle
they dont have the authority! they can tow your car if for example, your parked in the wrong spot or something but for your tags, it would definetly have to be a cop. your landlords are trippin! tell them you talked to a lawer and you know they cant do anything hopefully they will back off, and they should feel like idiots for trying to act like they got some kind of power good luck ps i would move if i was you your landlords sound very pycho!

Aggie
Rating
They do have the right and they probably informed you of it in the paperwork they gave you when you moved in. They also have the right not to give you a parking space - had that happen in an apartment complex - no where to park! Their purpose for towing is because they want the property to look inviting and fresh to future residents. No Rif Raf allowed type of thing. Just get it registered or move it to a friends house.

Scott H
"So who gives my apartments the right to tow my car?"
========

You did, when you signed the lease.

I lived in an apartment complex and you had to keep your registration current and maintain insurance on the vehicle. It should be spelled out in your lease paperwork.

Lee
It's probably in your lease agreement. Read all of it.

Jimmy
You would have to check the documentation they gave you when you moved in. You should also have copies of everything you signed. In all of that, there is most likely something stating that it is their property and you, as the rentor, have limited rights. In other words, they make the rules. You could always call a non-emergency law enforcement number to see what rights you have but I don't know how much that will actually help

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Car Insurance for a Week/Month...?
Is there such a thing as insuring yourself on a car for only a week or even 1 day?
Additional Details
Levi - I need to go to Heathrow and pick my dad, mum, bro and sis up and they will ...

If accident happens without third party involved so any problem from police. no third party involved.?

Additional Details
accident happens but no third party like any vehivcle or no other person injuered.some minor injuries to persons in the car but car in very bad shape for insurance ...

Is it possible for me to get insuresd on a group20 insurence car for a reasonable price?
thinking of saving to buy a car I want but its the insurence that i cant afford not the car :( as it has a 5l v8 and I am a 20 year old guy any ways of knocking it down a bit any tips or any cheap ...

What is the insurance group for a VW Beetle Cabriolet?
I am 17, female and obviously this will be my first car. ( I live in Britain)...

If I have a bill of sale for a motorcycle, do I still need a title?
They guy I am buying the bike from says he has the last bill of sale, but there is no title. If I use a bill of sale for my purchase, and keep the old one, am I require to go to DOT and get a title ...

I have temp tags on my car and they've expired a couple days ago is there any way to get an extension?

What is the fine for driving without insurance in ohio?
also, would having a suspended license with privileges make the fine higher?

thanks!...

Car insurance dilemma?
My car broke down and the repair bill is twice the car's worth. Should I tell my insurance company. Will they pay me anything?...

Do parking tickets appear on the drivers records?
my brother had a 15 dollars parking ticket,and he wants to know if that will affect his car ...

What should my Vanity plate say?
Okay, my name is Hillary, I am 17 years old.
I drive a Silver Honda Accord.
I am trying to figure out what I should put on my Vanity plate.
Any suggestions?...

Is it true that in PA if you don't own a car you don't need car insurance but could still drive someone's car?
I have my own car now and insurance, but I want to get rid of it and just drive my bf's extra car around. Is that legal because he has insurance on his cars? This is in Pennsylvania. Thanks....

How do i know if i have a salvage Oklahoma title for my car?
How do i know if i have a salvage title for my car? The title is green in color? Let me know thanks....

How much is it to make a duplicate of a car key?

Can I Take Drivers-Ed In AZ And Get A UT Permit?
I Live In Southern Utah And I Go To School In Phoenix Arizona. So If I Take Drivers-Ed In Phoenix Could I Get A Utah Permit, Instead Of Getting A Arizona Permit And Having To Transfer The Permit To U...

Who is at fault in my accident?
I was involved in a three car accident on the intersection. I was the vehicle in the front and was hit on the side by the middle vehicle that was hit by another vehicle. Both of the other drivers ...

I have to go to court for an accident 6 years ago, I didnt have insurance what can happen?
Im on disability n my hubby doesnt make much can they take my possesion?...

What is the cheapest car insurance I could get?
I will be a new driver. I'll qualify for the good student discount. I'll have had perfect credit (through paying for cell phone plan & car payment)
And I will have taken drivers ed....

If i got my temporary license suspended an it expired do i have to wait another 6months after renewing it?

I need 2 know this ASAP its about CA Driving Laws!!! HELP!?
I need to know if it is true that u have to wait until u r 18 to drive if u r born after 1993. I was born in may of '94. So can I drive? Is it a rumor?!...

I was cought driving with a suspended license, I get a restricted lincense in august. what Now!?
can i still get my license in august?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links