Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can someone own a car yet have it insured in someone elses name?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can someone own a car yet have it insured in someone elses name?

<----->
In the UK...

It's possible but many insurance companies insist that the policy holder is the registered keeper and/or owner of the car.

Scouse
Rating
If they are going to be the main driver, but I would not do a "clever" fiddle like insuring it in your mother's name as main driver and actually becoming the main driver yourself. That is a form of fraud

kelly_f_1999
Rating
its done everyday

chris at hornchurch
Rating
yes all business have employees insured for example but none of them own the vehicles.
for individuals it can also be done but depends on the insurance company. some like Tesco insist on the owner being for example the main driver or vice versa.
I had to register our other car in order to insurance acceptance even though we both live at same address ,are married and share two cars with an identical amount of driving and usage each.

GAVIN E
Yes.

I could legally be the owner of a car and be named on the V5 document.

But as I don't drive, the wife can be the insured named driver of the car.

Alistair Aranhba
Rating
Yes you can do it, when you are Gifting it to some one
But you have to buy it in your name first and then put out the car papers to the other

wammospaz
yes it's done all the time.

S Csparky
Rating
yes my daughters car is covered by my company insurance,!!

Dopest4rz
Yes, doen with my dad..lol ^.^

amberd
i was wondering because the insurance would be cheaper in my mother in laws name, but i dont want to sign the title over to her just incase me and my husband split up. so can i keep the title in my name and the insurance in hers

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How does it work if i bumped into another car and it was raining and car skidded on the road.?

If someone sue your insurance after an accident will this cause your insurance to increase?
my son's girlfriend hit a fire hydrant (fell asleep). he dont want to sue be cause her insurance my go up. she got a ticket. wont that cause the premium to increase ...

How many years no claims bonus does it take for your car insurance quote to be at its minimum?
For example, If I were to insure an Audi RS4 which costs around £48,000 - which group would this be in?? etc......

Can i get a ticket for not being on a uto insurance even though the car has insurance?

At age ___ drivers are eligible for a regular, six-year license.?
18 or 21??
Additional Details
in texas......

If I renew my car tax online can I drive it right away before my tax disc arrives?

Additional Details
I certainly didn't! I wouldn't ask same question twice!!!...

Do you have to notify your insurance co if you have MS?

What can i do if not happy with insurance payout on my car when it wasnt even my fault?
some one went into the back of my car in a works van it has gone through insurance and a inspector has been out to see my car and they have decided to write it off, the car has just gone through a ...

Do you always wear your seatbelt when driving or riding in a car?
My 23 year old friend just died in a car accident. The general consensus from authorities who responded to the scene is that if he would have been wearing his seatbelt, he would have survived.
I...

If an employee is backing out and hits a pole in their employers vehicle (which is not insured) who pays?
This is a house cleaning business and the employer gave the employee the vehicle (with the business name/numbers in several location) so they could cover more ground. Since the accident the employee ...

If you are insured to drive only one car, can you be insured if the driver as only a provisional licence ?
Basically the driver has provisional licence and is insured, if he drives with me in the car does my insurance and his cover us....

Who is at fault,other driver sited, not yeilding pulling out of private drive way he pulled out in front of me
The other driver pulled out of a shopping center parking lot in front of me which caused me to hit the drivers side quarter pannel of his truck, the other insurance company is saying that they have ...

Car Bump Help Out insurance Claim?
On new years eve, i was at a local supermarket, waiting to get out, the car in front had stopped, i reversed slightly and scaped the car beginds bumper, their was no obvious damage just a little ...

Insurance for motorcycles?
who is the top 3 ?...

Can i apply for a provisional drivers license online? how and where?
im in ...

Should I shop for better car insurance rates?
I am looking to buy a new car. It is a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire. I live in Wisconsin, am 29, and have an excellent driving record. I need full coverage, and called my insurance agent (Progressive- ...

I want to get a custom Lisc tag for my car. I am a cop so somthin funny.. 8 characters..?

Does anybody have any idea how much car insurance is on a ford ka or a ford puma ?

Additional Details
im 18 years old .. im about 2 book my test so i havnt passed yet i havent made any claims ever .. i have tried confused.com and gocompare.com and the registration on ...

Will i get pulled over by cops??
I just bought a brand new honda accord and registered it.I got my licence plates but i cant put the front licence plates on because the front bumper doesn't have things to attach licence plates ...

Hit 2 car in one night?
I was at my aunts house and i was backing up and barely tapped her car at less than a mile an hour I didn't look at the damage (i drive a durango, she has a small car) . 1. DO YOU THINK THERE IS ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links