Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can the poilce impound your car if ur caught driving with a provisional license? ?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can the poilce impound your car if ur caught driving with a provisional license? ?

even if the car is taxed, mot, insured.

Ollie
Rating
You are not allowed to drive unless you have a qualified driver with you.

queenb357
Rating
Yes they can, if you're driving unsupervised by a qualified driver. Btw, the car will not be insured if you're not qualified. The best plan of action is either to ensure you have a qualified driver with you when you drive your vehicle, or to accept lifts until you've passed your test.

BusyLizzie
Rating
If you were driving on your own then yes they can because your insurance is invalidated, the terms of your insurance being that until you have a full license you must be accompanied by someone who has been driving for 3 years. Honestly I know it's awful because you are probably a more competent driver as a learner than someone who is behind the wheel with a full license and plastered, over 80 or drugged to the eyeballs but sadly it's the law - come on get that test passed - if I can do it anyone can!!!

sanddancer
Yes they can and will, if you have no licence then you will not have any insurance, the car can be taxed left from someone else but you need a licence to get insurance.
So answer is the Police will take your car and crush it if you dont produce your licence/insurance and pay the £110 to remove it from the pound.
Sorry bud

MICHAEL D
Yes if you are unsupervised as this makes you insurance invalid. So they can.

Please punctuate properly folks.
Rating
You mean driving unaccompanied? In which case your insurance does not apply - driving without insurance is the most serious motoring offence - and without applicable insurance for the car and situation you are in, you can expect "your" car to be crushed, if your local police are operating a "zero-tolerance" policy, which many are. Read that again. Not just impounded, with a large fine payable, but crushed.
Is this your situation? Have you, as an unqualified driver, been out alone? We don't need such people on the road, and if this is what you have been up to, expect the big, heavy book to be thrown at you, and rightly so!

nosdda
Rating
The Police were given new powers this year, whereby they can impound any car that does not comply with the road traffic acts.This covers mainly driving without Insurance, but also applies if you have no MOT ot road tax or the correct licence to drive.

Snakeman !
Rating
Yes they can !

AND the only way to get it back - is for someone qualified (usually the owner) to collect it - They will have to produce proof of ownership and valid insurance certificate, and their full licence.

They will be liable for the cost of towing and storing the car until it's collected - currently around £150 for the recovery fee, and £30 per DAY the car stays impounded

Moral: DON'T drive unaccompanied while you're still a learner !

alvin f
Rating
Motorists driving without a licence or insurance face having their vehicle seized and crushed, police have warned.

Uninsured drivers were more likely to drive an unroadworthy vehicle or be involved in an accident or a hit and run collision, police said.

The Police Act 2005 gives officers powers to seize vehicles.

tanika971
yes i believe they can, as your not taxed, insured to drive it as a learner driver, if you did not have an experienced one with you.

Just William
Rating
Yes. If you are caught driving illegally you are not insured and if you have an accident and kill somebody you could leave a family penniless. Sad to say there are many people who do not care about the misery they leave behind them.

Gizzard Puke
Yes, because you do not have the correct licence to drive the vehicle. If they believe you are likely to return to the vehicle when they have gone and drive it they will impound.

popa
If you have not got ALL of what the law requires then they can and will crush the car,and a good job to always been legal so why should we pay for those who are illegal,sorry mate but that's how I feel.Popa

Willy
Yes they can, every state have a law regarding this issue but all say that driving is a privilege for you, not a right. so do your research in your state..

LordPunisher
Rating
yep they can! (pigs!!)
unless you have L plates and someone with you that has been passed for 3years or more and they have to be insured!

maloneyb5
No they cant, dont worry

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If i have a number how can i trace the address without going to the police?

Who is the rightful owner of a car, the person who bought it or the person who is registered inl log book?

I have an application form for a game show - do i fill it in?...or do i fill it out??

Driving lessons and test?
i have booked my driving test its in couple of weeks i've ben having lessons for just under 2 years thought i was ready. But last night had a driving lesson but go in the car and my instroctor ...

Do you have to insure your car before you can tax it?

What does a car's personalised registration number say about the owner?
I saw a flash Merc with personalised number YE 51 RUB. I'm just wondering what sort of person would splash out a couple of grand to advertise to the road-going public that she rubs (what does ...

What do you think of private number plates?

What happens when a car hits you and they have no insurance and the car isn't even theirs?
Don't tell me what I should have done? (like call the police?)
Tell me what I can do. The guy could of been stealing the car because his license was expired too. He backed up, hit my car, ...

He bumped into my car and made a claim for me to pay his medical bills I do not know what to do now!!!?
A guy in a motorcycle bumped into my car when he was trying to switch lanes..he was injured and I had damage done to the passenger side of my car , the accident was not my fault since he was the one ...

It is totally unfair...why should i lose out when it is not my fault?
My car was parked at a park and some *** drove into back of my car while i was away. My car is chrysler cirrus 1997 and fairly mint condition. Insurance company says that it costs more to fix my car ...

Do I need a driving licence?
to drive a motorised uni-cycle?...

How much would insurance cost for a 16 year old boy with a Nissan 350Z?

If a car is for sale and the owner has no long book what should i do but the car has no mot n tax cant b sorn?

I got my license july 31, 2006. Im moving tommorow. Am i allowed to drive a moving truck?

Used Car, no road tax, okay to drive home?
Hi, I just bought a used car but it has no road tax, I just bought insurance on it, and am going to collect it tomorrow, can I drive the car back safely? I mean what other kinds of options have I got?...

Does it tick you off to see "non-handicap" people parking in handicap spaces??

Additional Details
A woman I work with parks in one everyday and she doesn't look too handicapped to me. I know handicaps aren;t always visible but I just don't see how she ...

Should I report my hit-and-run?
I was at an ATM and the guy in front of me started to idle backward, I kicked my car in reverse and blew my horn to get his attention to let him know he was backing up. He made a gesture and threw ...

Am i allowed to make a right turn on red without stopping, just slowing to 14mpr? what's the law and where can
Please point me the exact law about this. since i got a ticket and want to fight it. Thanks!...

I am going to take my written test this week for the third time at the dmv any tips?
I just cant seem to pass. plz help dont want to fail again!...

After arriving in the uk as a student, do I register with the police?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, October 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links