Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Can you legally drive without a driving licence?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you legally drive without a driving licence?

fire4511
Yes you can. As others have said, if you have a learner's permit (which is not a driver's license) you can drive as long as you meet the requirements of the permit. (Licensed adult driver with you)

You also do not need a driver's license to drive on private property not open to the public! For example, if you live on a farm, you can drive cars and trucks on the farm property as soon as you have parental permission and your feet reach the pedals! A vehicle being driven only on such property doesn't even need to have tags!

You can also drive a race car on a track without a license, at the local dirt track, 14 year olds can race!!

tmin
Rating
yes, on a learners permit with a licenced driver with you.
Take care....cya....

drz_bob
Rating
It might have changed but before you could drive a rock truck, which is any truck without high gear and you didnt need a licence or be a certain age

Chris B
Not on any public roadway! Even having a learner's permit has further restrictions in addition to having a licensed driver in the car with you at all times. Those restrictions are made and enforced by the issuing state. Check them carefully.

Private property driving is another matter. This is where one does not have to have a license to drive. There may be more but again, check them according to the state in which you live.

gomanyes562
Rating
Yes, if you own a farm and are driving on your own property only.

There are a couple of countries that don't require driving licences. I think East Timor is one of them.

oklatom
Sure. On any closed course on private property. But not on any public road.

Or, on public property with a learners permit and a licensed driver of the proper age in the front seat with you.

Otherwise, no.

Marine Wife
Yeah, with a permit and someone over the age of 18 with a license in the car with you.

♥ tigereye ♥
Rating
No. The only way it can be done, is if you have a learners permit (it's not a license) and a licensed driver of a specific number of years in the passenger seat. In my state its 5 years.

John K
Rating
No, if you could, there would be an influx of people in that certain location. LOL.

chelle B
nope

fisherwoman
No, you must have possession of your driver license when driving.

Nedra E
NO.... if you have no license, there is NO WAY you can drive legally.

If you go to the motor vehicle department, and if you can get a lerner's permit, you can drive ONLY if you have a licensed driver accompanying you. But you have to study and learn the driving rules, and the permit is only good for a limited length of time. If you do not take and pass the driving test in that time, then you can NOT drive at all.

scientician82
Rating
No No No.

maddog malone
Rating
No, think about the negative consequences that could happen if you god forbid get into a serious accident and either seriously mame someone or even kill them.

If you are just learning to drive, you will need a learners permit and an experienced licenced driver of least 3 yrs with you.

Grand pa
No most area your insurance not valid . If your a minor your parents can lose every thing DONT DO IT

bubba
No, you need to pass the written test to drive with a person with 3 or more years driving in some states.

Dag Drahmr
Rating
As long as you don't get caught who will know? A lot of people feel that away, anything you can get away with is right.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think that getting car insurance should be optional?
i think its pethetic that you are made to get car insurance what do you all think. also what do u think about the new toll tax law i thinks its discusting!!!
Additional Details
i neva ...

Ive got a car to move that doesn't run its not taxed or insured can i tow it or will i have to hire a trailer?

Additional Details
my sister has got it to take parts off to repair her car if its on a solid bar tow will it be classed as a ...

Are drivers always at fault for hitting people from behind?
A guy hit me after I stopped once I entered his lane. There was heavy traffic, and everyone was moving around 1mile/hr...He took off, I got his liscense plate, and went to his insurance through mine, ...

When someone hits your car on a roundabout with their trailer, who is liable?
My husband was driving. We approached a two land roundabout. There was a vehicle in the left hand lane with a 12ft trailer. We were in the right lane. Both vehicles joined the roundabout together....

Will I ever get a drivers licence?
I am in my thirties and can't drive due to a severe lack of skill. I have had three accidents in driving instructors cars and find it hard to judge distance. Is there any advice on what I can do ...

If I put my plates on someone elses car will my insurance cover it?
My brother is a dealer and I will be borrowing a car for a day or two and I am wondering if I take off the dealer plates and put one of my own cars plates and carry my insurance card, will my ...

Hi,can i go for practical driving test without an accompaniment and say that the person dropped my early,help?
I am unable to find anyone on the test day to accompany me and i am in fix now.I have MOT and uptodate insurance.Please help,should i try and go to test centre alone in morning and come back later in ...

Can an insurance company automatically renew your insurance without asking you first and then charge you.?
This has happened to me and now the company want £70 for a policy I neither asked for or wanted. I have in no way given consent for this policy....

Can I still make a claim on my car insurance 6 months after the accident?
Hi, I ran my car into a pillar in a car park just before Christmas and badly damaged the side of it. I have been trying to save up the money to get this fixed but now I realise I just can't ...

So you pass your driving test and go to the garage to buy your first car. Do you?
Have to get insured and taxed before you can drive it home. Dont think this is a silly question please I honestly dont know....

Do I have to insure my son when he turns 16?
My auto insurance company called me yesterday asking for the names and birthdays of my children. I refused to tell them anything. My oldest son will turn 16 in November, and I was not planning on ...

Car Accident: Should I talk to the other guys insurance company if they call up for info about accident?
If the other guy's insurance company calls up to "Grill" me to find out information" -- should I talk to them or tell them to talk with my insurance company? (who I have already ...

Lost my drivers liscense...?
I'm 16 and i lost my drivers liscense.
do i just go there and ask for a new one..and they will give me one.
or do i have to go through all the paperwork again?...

I bought a car from a private seller, Can I use my old plates ?
I bought a car from a private seller, i need to know if i can use my plates from my other car which has experied tags but is registered in my name until i get to the DMV on Monday....

My car struck by a hit and run driver while parked, why should I have to pay a deductible?
Here's the deal! My car was hit and by looking at the way the car is damaged, the police confirmed it was truely a hit and run and that I wasnt committing fraud! Now I have a $1000 collision ...

My licence experied 2 months ago?
okay so what do i do will i get in trouble when i go to the dmv with a expired license?...

If you get a dui, facing a suspended drivers licence can you still get a motorcycle's license?
Or any other transportation license?...

Whats the cheapest way to get car insurance for a 17 year old male?
im a 17 year old boy learning to drive whats teh best car for me to get and cheapest way to insure it
cheapest companies
best cars for my age to insure

My accident was considered a hit and run. Insurance wont cover damages to my car. What are my options?
My parked vehicle was hit by a motorcyclist who was cut off by another motorist who fled the scene. The motorcyclist had insurance, but the police report said it was a hit and run, so the ...

Do you know if State Farm is a good place to be insured?
My insurance on my Jeep liberty is very high. My son who is 21 yrs old is on the policy. Can State Farm tell if I have been shopping around for other insurance by checking my credit rating? I have ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, August 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links