Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Car accident whos fault??!?! NEED HELP?
Find answers to your legal question.

Car accident whos fault??!?! NEED HELP?

okay so basically i was pulling out of my schools dirt parking lot which is directly next to the side of the road. and basically i pulled out into my lane and 2 seconds later a car crashed into some parked cars i was parked next to. the thing was i pulled out into my lane before the crash. and at first the cop said i was alright becasue i wasnt phsycially involved in the crash. and now the guy that hit the parked cars his dad is a captain in the police force. he had a word with the cop that was going to write the report. now the cop switches his mind and tell me its my fault. my car was not hit nor did i hit any car.

heres a picture of the thing, my car is the blue one.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/josephcoolness/?action=view&current=crashpicture.jpg
Additional Details
is the cop allowed to do that? tell me at first its alright, than after tell me its my fault? my car wasnt even involved in the accident..

ingenuo2002
then if it was your fault it would hit you but it did not, get a good lawyer adn explain it to your insurance, it is not your fault, you did not got hit
it was the guys who crashed into the cars use common sense

Porscheman951
It could very well be you fault. From reviewing the diagram you linked to your question, if you where pulling out from a side street or parking lot onto a main street, you have a duty to make sure the lane is clear. If the other car is already established in the lane and you pull out in front of them then the liability will rest on you, even if you didn't hit anyone or get hit. You are the contributing cause. He might be saying he had to swerve to avoid hitting you since you pulled out and that is why he hit the parked cars. You liablility insurance coverage should protect you and they should be the ones doing the investigation and determining if you are majority at fault.

Gambit
Rating
The police do not determine who is at fault. Unless the reporting officer actually saw the accident happen what he puts down in his report is hearsay and wouldn't be admissible in court as evidence. It seems the other driver overreacted to the situation and lost control of the vehicle (which is why you never swerve unless you're trying to avoid a person or a flaming wreck). If they are going to pursue this then report it to your insurer and tell them you're denying liability, however this will probably have to go to court to determine fault (your insurer will pay for your defense).

moniondanet
If your action was deemed to be causative then yes, you can be held liable - meaning, if, in taking evasive action to avoid you (because you failed to make sure it was safe to pull out), the driver that had the accident hit another car, and that can be proven you can be held liable. They would need to prove it. If the other driver overreacted its not your fault but if you failed to make sure the way was clear before you pulled out ... you are in trouble!

Marooned
Rating
I sure hope they aren't going to frame you dude.
This is definitely not your fault, you were just there!
Make sure you get any witnesses' phone numbers because they might just save your day here.

If you need, these can be good http://locate-power-of-attorney.info/

good luck.

boots
Rating
Whomever got the ticket will be the one responsible

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Teenage insurance on a Land Rover?
I'm 17 and I'm looking for insurance on my 2002 Land Rover 90 2.4. No companies will insure me for less than £3500 if at all! Any suggestions?

Cheers!...

Do you need a drivers license before you can get a motorcycle license?
I wanted to get a bike (a Kawasaki Ninja 250R) but i wanted to know if I need a drivers license before i get a bike learners/license. and if the 250 is like restricted for someone without like a full ...

Car Repo Question/Title?
I had a question. Im surrendering a vehicle due to being unable to meet the payments. Years ago me and my father got the car loan together with his name on the title. Then i reconsolidated the car ...

Texas Driver's License?
I have to re-take a driver's test, the written and driven part, 30 years later, and I am hearing the questions can be tough...like how many ounces of alcohol can you drink to be drunk at so many ...

How to renew an expired NJ Motorcycle license?
I had a motorcycle license which hasn't been renewed in about a decade. In NJ, what do I have to do to renew my license? Will I have to retake any tests? Thanks!...

List of individuals who have a suspended drivers license?
I am doing some direct marketing and need a list of people in my area (manatee county FL) who currently have a suspended drivers license. I am willing to pay for this service but obviously free is ...

Information on an SR22 I bought in 1983?
Where can I find info on an SR22 I bought in 1983?? Its been a long time I don't know if the insurance company still exists. I need help to find out about this problem or my license will be ...

Looking at buying a civic. Insurance Rates?
Im from Nova Scotia Canada
im 16 years old ,Ive taken the young drivers (driver training course)
looking at purchasing a 1998 civic 4 door standard and was wondering what the minium rate i ...

Driver's Permit and License Questions!?
I'm 15 years old, not allowed to take driver's ed in my school this sophomore year because my birthday was in July of 1993. I think it was totally unfair, but that's the way it goes. I...

What is Vehicle code I4000A?
Upon searching violations this was listed and was not explained, along with I14601.1--driving while lic. suspended or ...

How do i take out fail i dont need from my drive?
like the ones i dont use or need and how can i konw which ones they are ...

How much work can you give to get your hands drive your own fancy car?
(e.g. 2008 bugatti, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Concept-Transformer 2 icon)...

Who's Responsible for auto involved accidents?
Driver Owner Or Insurance Policy Owner?
Additional Details
Driver, Owner, Or Insurance holder? the car that was invloved with the accident is owned by my son, registered in his name only....

California drivers learner permit question?
Hi, I have completed drivers ed. Do i need to do behind the wheel training before i get my permit or after i get my permit? I live in California. Thanks!...

Inorder to get a license in Virginia I know Drivers ed is a requirement but what if you had a D in that class?
I really want to know by tonight because Im starting behind the ...

If I Get My License and Get In A Crash and Get Sued and I am not 18 is my mom responsible for the charges?

Permit/drivers ed question?
hey, i live in idaho and i was wandering if my grades in school have to be certain grades to do drivers ed and get a permit. if you know please answer. thanks very ...

Car title loan question?
I used my car title for a small loan that I am still paying on. I am getting new insurance on my car and need to know if I am still considered that I own it or if it is like I am making payments on ...

How can I clean my driving record?
I believe I have two points....

How do car insurance companies determine my car value?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links