Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Dealership sold me car without title, what can i sue for?
Find answers to your legal question.

Dealership sold me car without title, what can i sue for?

A dealership, Autoline of Norfolk (located in norfolk,VA) sold me a car without a title on June 8, 2008. I took a loan out through Navy Federal Credit Union, and now Navy Fed has raised my interest rate because the dealership never gave them the title. I have permanent tags but i was pulled twice by the cops and the plates are not registered in Virginia. DMV said that the car is not in my name and has 3 previous owners. The dealership keeps giving me the run around tellin me the plates are coming but i know they are lying because i purchased the car 8 months ago. So now, i cant drive the car, cant go to work, cant drive to school, and this is really frustrating.

Can somebody please tell me what i can sue them for and would this be a civil case or what. (I'm not familiar with the whole court system thing.)

Thx

SuziQu
Rating
Go to the dealership and ask for the manager. Tell him that you are on the way to DMV to file a complaint against the dealership. Get your contract,go to DMV and file. Go to the credit union and kick up some dust about raising the interest rate. Tell them that you have filed a complaint with DMV and they need to stick with the original interest rate.

ravenjudge
misrepresentation, to start. Get a lawyer!

Bandett
Try contacting the "district attorneys office" in Virginia. They are in charge of fraud cases.

drmchaser72
Rating
It sounds like something you would have to take up in civil court. I have to wonder if they even had the title to begin with and if they didn't and sold the car without a title, they could get into some serious trouble.

Chris D
they could be easily be selling cars illegaly without a licence or he could have stolen it.... im no smart guy on this but ive seen plenty of law & order =P. now that i think about it see if you can hire a lawyer and talk to him you can ask him for professional help. to see what you can do

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do I contact the Florida DMV?
It's been a year now since I had my learners permit taken away. Isn't that the maximum they can keep it?...

Where can i go on the internet and run a car license plate to find out the status of it?
run the car ...

Driver's license in USA for internationals?
Does anybody knows if you are an international and you get a driver's license and they make it valid up to when your visa expires, if you want to renew it because you extended your stay if you ...

Got in an accident with CA Provisional Driver's License with other people in car, can i lose my license?
I am 16, about 1 more month and my provisional license was up. I was driving with a couple friends and I couldn't see a turn, so I didn't have time to slow down. I was going about 40. And ...

My license and I want to drop out?
I live in Illinois and I am 17I was wondering if I would lose my license if I got my G.E.D....

Is it legal to ride my motorcycle uninsured if I'm still in the permit state of getting my license?
Allstate won't insure me or the bike until I get my license but I don't know what will happen to me if a cop pulls me over when I'm out riding with my neighbor who is teaching me. P...

Do I include a claim on car insurance that wasnt claimed through myinsurance or my fault?
when looking for car insurance it asks have you made a claim in the last 3 years, however i did have an accident but it wasnt my fault and no money was claimed through my carinsurance only through ...

I scratched a girls car in the parking lot, and we didn't exchange insurance...?
It was pouring like crazy, and no one could see and the parking lot was crazy. I pulled up slightly when trying to get out and slightly hit this girls back bumper (we were at a school). Her car had a ...

Can I transfer a driver's license from Florida to Texas?
I'm 16, and my parents are divorced with joint custody of me; one lives in Texas and the other lives in Florida, so I think I could qualify as a resident of either one, though I spend most time ...

What happens if you miss a car insurance payment?
do they class the car as uninsured or give you a little time to pay them?
Additional Details
I live in England by the way not ...

Why are they asking for this ?
Hi there, my sister purchased a brand new 09 plate mercedes benz. She borrowed the funds from her mum and family. I am the name driver on her insurance policy. My sister is 29 and i am 21 years old. T...

Help with car insurance, new driver?
Hey pretty soon i willl have pased my driving test and have been looking for a car, but im being quoted up to £2000 on a fiat punto 1.1 1995, im male and wondering what the hell to do, are there ...

In an accident was not at fault other insurance company says they will only give me part of what I need.?
I was in an accident I was not at fault at all. I owe 5400 on my car and the woman who hit my car was at fault and totaled my car. Her insurance company will only pay 5000 and I still owe 5400 that�...

How to sell or donate a car in CA with expired insurance, no pink slip?
A friend of mine wanted to donate her car, but she couldn't find the pink slip.

She tried the DMV, but they require proof of insurance in order to issue a replacement pink slip. She ...

Is there a site online that i can put in a vin number for a car & make sure the title is legit!?
ive heard that online you can enter your vin number & check to see if the title is legit.Is there a site like this?I am looking for a friend & hes going to a dmv but he needs me to check the ...

What should I do? Any advice would be helpful.?
I got my learner's permit a little more than three years ago (February 7th, 2006). The thing is, I never had a keen interest in driving at that time, so after I took 12 of the 15 classes, I ...

Hit and Run accident: What should be done?
My mother came home from work yesterday and tells me that someone hit her car and left while she was at work and then drove off (she works at a hospital and her car was in the parking garage). She ...

Do you need an appointment to take the permit test in California?

I had an accident three years ago and now im being sued?
I had a car accident at work three years ago. It was my fault but i was covered with the company's insurance. I don't work for this company now and im not sure if it even exists anymore. H...

Ohio Drivers License READ MORE.....?
Ok i have my Temps but its been 6 Months can i take the Test if i have not Drive ed more then 50 Hours....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links