Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Do US Dot numbers expire, if so how quickly?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do US Dot numbers expire, if so how quickly?

We have a truck with a US Dot number. We are about to take a trip. We got the number back in late 2006, and we want to know if we are ok or if we have to re-register....anybody know?

George A
Rating
The owner of the company is required to annually confirm that the information is correct for the business that the DOT number has been issued to & the number itself doesn't expire like your permits & registration does. As long as the company is in business, the number will remain active.

Your biggest concerns is to make sure you have the correct permits, IFTA tax certificates, etc for each state that you will be traveling in with the commercial vehicle.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Which auto insurance brokers in Ontario will cover modified cars?
I'm thinking of modifying my (suspension/turbo) car and do everything legit by advising the insurance companies. I'm having a hard time find a broken in Ontario, Canada who would oblige. I...

IF YOUR LIENCE IS REVOKED?
if your are gonna criticise me done both answering.I have been to court to day and got 6 points i know stupid of me but were not all perfect and you cant tell me you have never broke the law cause ...

How do i get a new registration certificate book for my bike?
I have lost my original registration certificate book along with my original insurance cover. I live in Pune. can anyone tell me the procedure for how to apply for a new one?...

Is 3-door auto insurance cheaper than 2-door/4-door?
Hello!

I am interested in purchasing: http://www.cars.com/go/s...

I'm Confused On The Whole Driving Thing.?
Okay Here Is..
I'm 17 Old Enough To Start Driving In The U.k, But What Do I Do To Start It Off? Do I Go And Get That Form From Post Office OR Can I Just Book My Lesson's Up Now And T...

Car insurance question about sr 22?
Whats cheaper a small truck or suv or like a wagon.. i have a terrible record thanks to owning a fast car when i turned 16. im now 20 and looking for a good car that will be able to handle deep snow.....

Bankrupcy increasing car insurance premiums??
Someone told me if a person files bankrupcy, their car insurance premiums increase. Is this true and how do insurance companies justify the rate increase?...

Proof of Car Insurance, I can't find it, and my court date is tomorrow!?
I have a legal problem. I live in arizona, i'm being tried in Mesa

I was got a ticket for driving without proof of financial responsibility, cause i didn't have a current car ...

Got DMV(california) renewal application back with additional stuff to fill up (need help)!!!?
so this part says to fill up ...name , signature, signed at, date and another space that says title... what is the title? what do i put there? is it a number? is it the same thing as the CA#? or some ...

Auto accident??? insurance?
just wondering how much will my car insurance go up if i file a claim?? there was no injuries and no damage to the other partys car. my car was estimated $4000 of damage to fix.....

I need some help about what I can do...?
Ok, I live with my fiance on our own. We only work part time and on job seekers till we get full time work. But the problem is, we don't have enough money to pay the car insurance. It's ...

What is a good car for a teen?
for my first car i want to get one that is cool, has okish gas mileage, used but is in good condition, preferabally automatic, and that is at a Maxim of $25k. i want to know some more ideas then the ...

Auto accident??? insurance?
just wondering how much will my car insurance go up if i file a claim?? there was no injuries and no damage to the other partys car. my car was estimated $4000 of damage to fix.....

When u get pulled over can you call someone to pick up your car if you dont have a licence?

Hardship License for a 15 year old in Texas?
I am 15 years old and I fill the requirements to get a hardship license. I was just wondering about how long would it take to get a hardship license when I go to the DMV office. Would it take a while ...

What do i need to bring to the DMV, when i get my permit and take the test?

What should I do? Help! I got my car insurance in...?
Im a new driver.

I first got my car insruance in 1st of March and it cost me £1800 and I'm paying it monthly so i had to pay something like £400 for the first month and then around £1...

Have my 4 driving test tomorrow how can relax/ pass?
ok i have have my driving test tomorrow plz help any coments to relaxe stay come will help also how meny time you taken your ...

The guidelines to get my drivers permit?
i live in california and i am 16 years old.

can i read the book instead of going to school??
what do i do after that.
and after that.
and after that.
if you could tell ...

Provisional driving license identification.?
i apples fro a license and i have all of the things to send off, i don't know what i can send as identification. i looked on the website and i didn't know what the things were.
i do ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links