Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Do drivers license points transfer from one state's license to another?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do drivers license points transfer from one state's license to another?

I've got a few points on my NJ license and want to know if I move to Tennessee will those points carry over or will I have a clean slate?
Additional Details
How the **** do I extend this???

uimblue
Rating
all points carry over what the heck is everyone talking about lets be real here, they follow you where ever you go just like a police record , so come on guys!!

chikeed123
Rating
On your Drivers License they want, but on your insurance they will.

Sandtone
Rating
Well they do and they don't.
When you move to a TN your new licence will not show the points you accumulated in NJ. BUT as soon as you change your Insurance to a TN policy (or buy a new TN policy) the Ins Co will want to check your driving record going back 3 possibly 5 years so they will ask for your NJ licence number and run a check on it. The rate you will be charged on your policy will depend on what they find on your record.

amberharris20022000
they carry over

Lilly
Rating
Nope points don't carry over. Previous violations and points can be still be seen if an insurance company looks up your driving record. Can't get rid of that.

httnmrtt
Rating
If TN and NJ have a reciprocal agreement, your points will go with you. Check with an attorney.

lj1
No. Points don't transfer from state to state.

demoness333
only in the tri state area(nj,pa,ny) do the points carry over. you should be good in tennessee, don't ask, don't tell

Nick O
but of course. how else are going to rape your "tushee" for a lot of insurance money...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the best way to go? car insurance for young driver?
Im 16 years old and still on my learners for drivers licenses and currently purchasing a car!
What is the cheapest and easiest way to go about getting car insurance and rego.
do i put it in ...

I am trading in a car that i still owe on. the dealer asked me for the title. shouldn't the lender have that?

Husband got rearended in IN our insurance lapsed. What will happen. Will the other party have to pay for it?
Husband was stopped turning into gas station and a guy rearended him. Our insurance apparently did not go through I pay online. I did not know it was cancelled until my finance company contacted me....

What happens to you when there was no eyewitnesses during the car accident.?
My dad recently got into accident and he said it's not his fault and that he had the right-of-way... so far, i don't know what's going to happen... so if there was no eye witnesses, ...

This is really ridiculous. Two months ago I totaled a car that I am still financing. I didn't have full?
coverage on it. I want to get this car out of the collision shop and junk it.
Today I heard one of the most ridiculous things- that I can't junk a car that I am still financing, EVEN if I ...

Is insurance still valid if i sell the car, but want to keep the insurance to drive cars not belonging to me?
I have fully comp insurance which enables me to drive any other car not belonging to me (as long as they are insured). My question is if i sell my insured car, and keep the policy running am i ...

My car winshield has a crack, but I've made two claims on my car insurance in the past two years?
Will my insurance go up if I ask to get the glass fixed? I know it's free, but will it still affect my premium? Thanks!...

Sister can't pay on car, about to get repossessed. Can she just turn it in?
My sister bought a car last year, and can no longer afford the payments and insurance. She's only about 1 month behind on payments, but they've sent her a repo notice. Is there any way for ...

My car was hit and totaled. I have no insurance. But I have a witness. Can I do anything?
My Car was parked and someone hit it and destroyed it @ 3am and kept going. I have a witness but I did not have insurance. The guy who hit me will not contact me. Can I do anything about this??
<...

Should shopping trolleys be registered with the DVLA?
Whilst shopping at Morrison's recently, I endured a near-miss with another shopping trolley, whose operator pulled out in front of me without looking.

Surely these devices need ...

Do you have to stay with the same insurance company to get a no claims bonus?
I was wondering to get a 4 years no claims bonus do you have to stay with the same insurance company the whole time?...

If i'm 17 and have a full license in new york can i drive into new jersey?
i wanna go to the lil wayne concert ...

In the UK when a car insurance policy starts and you haven't received your certificate of motor insurance ...
...can you still legaly drive the car and still be coverd untill I have recived my ...

Can somebody tell me if i am covered if i buy a new car and dont have insurance on it, but i do on my other ca
i was pulled over the other day and they gave me a ticket because they said i didnt have insurance on it. i showed them my ins. verification on my other car, but they said it didnt count/ does it?...

I just got my license and i just got a car..and yesterday i reer ended somone. so what happens now?

Is 500 a month normal for motorcycle insurance?
I'm used to paying $90 a month on insurance. Is $500 normal for ANY new motorcycle. I've looked at several models and Geiko (online) is telling me 500 for a motorcycle and 1200 a month for ...

Can anyone give me advice concerning driving in France?

Passed My Driving Test - Now What?
I've been told i'll get my full license card in around the next 20 days. I was given a pass certificate as well. Do i have to wait for the license to come back or can i drive straight away ...

Can you have you driving test on a sunday ?

Can I drive my mom's car with her in it if I don't have insurance?
I don't have insurance yet so would I be able to drive my mom's car with her in the passenger seat and still be covered under her insurance?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, December 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links