Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Do i need insurance to drive my car to a mot?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do i need insurance to drive my car to a mot?

Chazza xx Baba due 4/11/09
Rating
Yes you do, get somebody ele (who is fully comp) to drive it

wyn.rees4
Rating
An easy answer, yes.

The MOT is a seperate legal requirement to insurance and Tax, but all 3 are required to be legal, unless the car doesn't need an MOT, less than 3 years old, or tax exempt.

PETER F
Rating
You always need insurance to drive a car regardless of whether you are going to an MOT test or not.

It amazes me that some people think you don't!

helloooo
Rating
of course, what would happen if you had an accident on way
THE MIND BOGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul
Rating
Yes.
You also need to make an appointment for the MOT and drive straight there. If it fails you are not permitted to drive it home.
But of course we all do.

bloke7474
yes

hayley m
Rating
yes u do

Yorkshire Pudding
Yes you do. It doesn't matter where you're driving to.

Sir Sidney Snot
Yes

Michael H
yes. its that simple.

rick b
Rating
yes

kirsty m
Rating
yes, you are meant to have insurance on a car even if its just parked up on the side of the road

minotaur
Rating
Yes. You must not drive your car on any road without insurance.

Newgran
Rating
You definately do need insurance to drive it for an MOT.If you have an accident on the way then you are not insured no matter where you are going,your then looking at points on your licence which will bump up insurance. Dont risk it.

bob a builder
Rating
as far as i know even if the person driving the car on there own policy is fully comp the car they are driving still has to be insured . i might be wrong but im not 100% but you need insurance to drive your car to an mot . You can also drive your car to a mot station if it is not mot`d as long as it is booked in and the garage has your reg number . i think ?

Domunique
BRUM

Cliff E
yes

c.j.davies
Rating
Yes

Andy
Rating
Yes you do

Andrew1968
Rating
I f you are driving on public roads to the test centre then yes it is a legal requirement to drive on roads in a car with insurance without mot it negates the insurance as a car has to be road worthy to be insured same with tax etc , no win situation really , anyone who says otherwise has not been nicked for this recently and runs the risk of certain forces impounding your car and crushing it through their zero tolerance policies for motoring offences and should the car fail its mot the garage is with in its rights to report an unroadworthy vehicle being on the road , though they tend not to for business reasons

PeteB
Rating
No you do not need insurance to got for an Mot test. PROVIDING that you have a booked and confirmed appointment.

SteveT
I don't think so, if that's the real reason for the journey and you go to the garage by the quickest route

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What are the consequences for driving on a suspended lecense and no car insurance with children in the car?

Is it legal to drive somebody elses car if you are not on the insurance?
my boyfriend want me to take his car..but i want to know if it is illegal for me to do that since im not on his ...

Driving without licence and no insurance?
my friend as just been caught driving with no licence and no insurance,, they have to go to court does anyone know what will happen to them ...

When can i get my permit (10 points for first answer)?
i got my permit on March 23 2007... and you need to have it for 9 ...

Does anyone want to give me money?
I just got my car impounded for no insurance, and no plates, I played with fire because I didn't have money for insurance, now I'm on fire with little money HELP...

Car insurance prices are unfair. agree?
as an unmarried single male, how do i get a car insurance agency to lower prices? it's completely unreasonable that for a person that has NOT proven to be a "High risk" driver to pay ...

I wrecked a new car with no insurance what can the loan company do to me?

Additional Details
i didn;t hit anybody i just ran of the road and the car fliped and i was week late on insurance so it cancelled . the cops didn't even write me a ticket for no ...

Claim on insurance after drink driving?
Can someone claim on their comprehensive car insurance, if they crash their car, and is prosecuted for drink driving afterwards?
Additional Details
I would like to add, that it wasnt me!!...

I'm 16 and i was wondering if i get a new 2007 Mercedes how much would my insurance be?
Is there a website?
Additional Details
They could pay for my insurence but they want to show me responsability.

I am spoiled and i dont have any problem with it. I just got a ...

If I am insured on one car, could I drive another car without breaking the law?
I was thinking of getting 3rd party insurance on a cheap car, and driving my parents Mercedes, which has fully comprehensive insureance. I'm not bothered about weather it covers the costs if I ...

Is £1296 a reasonable car insurance quote for a mk3 vw golf 1.4?
i'm 18 by the way and just started driving. with no, no claims....

What do teenagers usually do if they have $7000?

Cheapcar insurance?

CLAIMING INSURANCE ON CAR WHICH PROBABLY WRITE-OFF, but have no valid MOT certificate and got a producer?
My mate had a car crash where the fault was the other parties (he has witnesses) but the other driver may dispute this. However it now transpires that his MOT is expired as he booked it in for a ...

What happens if I drive without a license in Georgia?
I lost my license (out of my possession, not suspended or revoked). I recently applied for a new license online, but I need to drive before it arrives in the mail. What would happen if I get pulled ...

Second offence for driving without insurance.?
My brother was caught recently driving without insurance.The car he was driving was not his and the owner of the car had told him that he had included him on his insurance which however turned to be ...

Car Accident Liability?
Last weekend me and my sister in law was involved in an accident and I do not know who is too blame. She immediatly pointed the finger at me, and I would like some advice please!

Here'...

I just crashed my brand new EVO 9 and dont have insurance?
How can I claims this of the governmenting party?
Additional Details
no because the police chased the car, nervous i got and drove into a wall

governments fault is not??...

What happens for no insurance no tax and no MOT?
i baught a new car i was driving it home when i got pulled by the police. i had to drive the car with no tx no MOT and no insurance to get it home. This is my first offence will i get banned for this?...

I have full coverage on my car insurance..i accidently dented my car and broke the window my self what i do?
i have full coverage on my car insurance ,,i accidently broke the driver side window and dented the door my self,,what should i do? tell the insurance that somebody else did it and have them fix it?.....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, September 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links