Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Do you have to get your permit when your already 18?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you have to get your permit when your already 18?

kidwhoiscool
Rating
no I doubt it.

House M.D.
Rating
It depends on the state. Some states require you to have taken the written exam for a permit before taking the road test for your license. Check your state's Bureau of Motor Vehicle's website.

Steff
Yes. I'm going get mine and I 18; that's so dumb. I should protest :) LOL!

Aerostar
Rating
It depends on your state. For most, the answer is "no."
In most states, if you do get a permit, you have to wait at
least 30 days to take the test. The most accurate answer
will come from the the testing office.

JelliclePat
It may vary from state to state. In New York, my son had to get his learner's permit even though he was 20. However, once he got his license, he didn't have to go through the six-month probation of not driving alone at night.

silly
It depends what state your in, in some states you don't need it when your eighteen and some you do.

lucy
Rating
you don't have to, but you do have to be over 15 in some states
16 in mine

mariefiorea
what to drive cause here its 16

wicked_mate1092
please be specific,permit on what?

Eskimo Mom
Yup, you have to have a permit if you don't have a driver's license, even if you are 18. Sorry!!

flaltajr
Rating
Yes everyone must have a permit from a minimum of 1 week before getting license

lita
Rating
nope i didn't in fact i didn't even take the drivers test i was 24 when i got my license lol

Patricia G
do you mean for driving....then yes you do...i got my license at 22 and I had to get a permit before I could take the road test.

sunshine
Rating
no, but you still have to take the tests for cali at least

LeslieLikesLollipops
Rating
Yes because you didnt get it. You can't just jump to a liciense because of your age.

michael f
NO.

LightSkinnedPrincess
Rating
Yes because you need to have a permit to take your road test, go to your secritary of state and they will give you one with a waver that lets you take your road test

Maria
If you mean you're learner's permit to drive, you can be any age past 16.

Leila
Rating
yes but you don't have to keep it as long

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it ture a person has five days in which to tax his car after the old one runs out?

I got Rammed in my Rear End......?
Some one drove into the back of my car but drove off, I have 3rd party cover....will I get anything?...

I have lost my tax disc - what do i do?
am i able to drive my car.......

Bad Credit.. Do you think persons with bad credit are worse drivers?
Insurance co.'s do ,, your credit should have no barring on your rate! esp. since the state requires it! I think it's just another reason for them to charge a person MORE! I know many rich ...

My car doesnt have an insurance, my friend got full insurance for his car, can he drive mine car?

What makes a loud squeal when I start my car???
I have a brand new 2006 Hyundai Sonata. Just this week, when my car sits for about 4 hours, I start it up and there is a horrible loud squealing noise from the front right of the car. It lasts ...

Can you drive youself with a permit alone if you have a parent note?
Under 16...

Anyone know anything about cars??
Im considering gettin a car..not new...but in good condition..i cant drive yet as i was goin to get a car for my mother to learn me while i have lessons too. Do i need to get insurance for me & ...

Am i liable for an auto accident with a car registered to me, driven by a licensed, insured operator?
if my brother in law who is a licensed, insured motorists is driving my car, gets into an accident am i liable?...

Do you need to make an appointment to take a written test at the DMV?

If i have points on my licence and insurance company dont know, and have a crash will they pay out?

Additional Details
its 5 points for speeding last april. crash was 2 weeks ago and total write off no other drivers involved. slid on black ice and hit a wall....

Does anybody know what I should do with old NYS license plates I found in my garage?
The plates are mine from an old car that I no longer have. It has been gone for about 10 uyears. Should I just throw the plates away, or should I return them to Motor Vehicle? Will I get in trouble ...

How many hours are you allowed to drive a car in a day?
Without a Rest?...

Do I need insurance to learn to drive with my mother?
As above.
Additional Details
I'm in the Uk, I have a provisional licence.
She is fully comp....

He's taking my car! What should I do?
I bought a car with my EX boyfriend and we put both of our names on the registration because I haven't had my license long enough so insurance would be high for me and he wanted to help me out ...

Issues with having no car insurance?
Briefly, a friend had a minor accident which wasn't their fault, they don't have any insurance and were hoping to avoid going through insurance but the other person have contacted their ...

Do you get points on your license if ur caught driving JUST without tax/mot so long as cars legal otherwise?
like if it's insured, in good roadworthy condition, you have the appropiate license to drive at and it's JUST the mot or JUST the tax u aint got on it. I know you get a fine but wondering ...

Does anyone know of any really cheap car insurance companies in the u.k?
Preferably ones that dont want a lot of money up ...

Do u have to have insurance if you are being taught by a parent?
My mum was going to take me out for a practice before i have my first driving lesson tomorrow and have got my provisional and i was wondering if I have to be put on to her insurance in order to drive ...

How can points be legally removed from a driving licence?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links