Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Driving without proof of insurance in colorado?
Find answers to your legal question.

Driving without proof of insurance in colorado?

so i was pulled over for missing my front license plate, and when the cop asked for my insurance card, i didn't find it. i have insurance but he gave me a court summons for driving without my insurance card and for having one license plate. what will happen in court and is there anything i can do about the driving with no proof of insurance since i do have insurance? even if i cant get it removed will the price of my insurance go up?
Additional Details
ok but does anyone know if these kind of tickets affect the price of your insurance?

STEVEN L
Rating
There is no absolutely right answer for your question.Nonetheless,explorer the information here http://www.InsuranceFreeTip.info/insurance-for-free.htm might give you some ideas.HOpe it helps.

Damian C
Rating
If you can get the court to remover the charge, then no, your insurance won't go up. Also, if a front plate isn't required in your state, then the charge has to be dismissed. Also, make sure to bring any proof of insurance and written information from your local department regarding the front license plate if you indeed don't need the front in your state, good luck!

The Realest Answer
Rating
I live in Colorado... Broomfield, as a matter of fact.

You can most likly get the "driving with no isurance card" summon's dismissed.

but your insurence will probably go up because you got pulled over...

and because you were missing a license plate.

It's That Guy
Driving without insurance is very serious. But having insurance and not having the card is really trivial. The court will ask if you have insurance, and if so you will be given a chance to show your card (remember to bring it with you! Very important!) Then the charge will be removed, or reduced to $10 or something to cover paperwork costs.

It's the same with a missing license plate. If your car wasn't registered, that's a big deal. A missing license plate will require only that you replace it, whatever is involved in that. Probably a fee is involved. But you won't get points on your ticket or get a big fine or anything. You haven't broken any serious laws.

nicebudder
what you have is a fix it ticket. Some states allow the front of car to not have a license plate some require the vehicle to have it. Just show up to court with your insurance card and make sure that it is still valid! the judge will wave the ticket and it doesnt go on your record (state or insurance) it is a common mistake.

gizmomey
I live in Colorado and on Friday night i was pulled over for my back light out. i could not find my proof of insurance, The police officer impounded my car and gave me a ticket for no proof of issurance and imponded my car. Do they have the legal right to do this? I might have forgotten to pay my insurance as i pay monthly and it is due at the end if the month and i have a 30 day grace period. the officer was accusing me of forging the restration and plates. he asked me why my plates expired 1/20/10 but my registration said plates were not due until 3/2011. he was kind of mean. in the end he gave me a ticket for no proof of insurance and the backup light out. I have no idea what to do. he gave me a curtious ride back because i had no coat and could not find a way there. my car is at the impound. i have to call them on Monday and i am not sure if i will have the money to get it out. i asked the officer could i find someone that had insurance to drive my car to where i am living and he said no. Do i have any recourse action or is this the law in colo?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do i have to wait for licence?
i am wondering, i have gotten my drivers permit, done my 60 hours of driving, and i am about to do drivers ed classes, my question is, after i do my drivers ed classes, is there another waiting ...

How much would insurance cost for a 16 yr old male getting a ford mustang?
How much would insurance be if i got a 2005 ford mustang. I have over a 3.0 so that factors in, ive never been charged of anything. Also, how much more would the v8 GT cost compared to the v6?

How long do i have to be driving for to be able to rent a car in another contry?

Free ID card for teenager between 12-16?
anyone know where I can get a FREE or an ID card under £5 to prove my age. I have been having so much hassle lately!...

How much about would car insurance cost for a new driver (18) and an (old car honda 1993)?
i am 18 i got my license at 17 and i have an old car about how much would it cost to get my car ...

Motor vehicle office new jersey ?
i buy a car from a private buyer Lincoln town car
on title he did not write sales price
he says ok write down what ever u like
i write down as gift
but after 2 ...

Help with Bike/Car Accident Insurance Claim?
The accident:
14 months ago, when I was riding my bike, a driver hooked right just in front of me and my bike/body slammed into the back of her car. I can provide more details if necessary.

Want leaner bar/side car for '76 CB500T?
Anyone know where you can get a leaner bar for my CB500t? Don't want a full sid car, but need the third wheel to get around not having bike licence yet.

In UK ...

How can i get out from my car without screwing myself?
I have a 02 Nissan Altima that has 111,000 miles on it and I still owe 11,500-12,000 on this car. I bought it about a year a half ago and my interest rate is unbelievable and if things keep going ...

Can i drive without insurance or will i get in trouble?
okay i am 18 yrs old, i live in NYC brooklyn. i got my license mailed to me CLASS D 2 weeks ago (brand new driver). i dont have insurance (my name is not in the card) but my dad does under his car. ...

I have a car accident . I went through a lawyar and a chriopecter. BUt they are not helping me a sertain time.?
I had a accident with a car accident in last four months ago.
I was not the guilty driver. And in the accident i don't have any fault.
after three months of treatment doctor says that ...

How many times can you take a drivers permit test in TX?
I am over 18 and failed in my first attempt. I was asked to turn left and there was the round about to come from other side. I got confused and almost stopped there. I heard that you can give only 3 ...

Moving to the USA will the car insurance company know my history?
I live in Canada and have a couple speeding tickets (GASP!) and I bumped into the back of somebody in the snow, all I did was put a little crack in my bumper and not a scratch on theirs, with no ...

Car hit in the rear, who is at fault? and how to prove it?
I was travelling in my car at 8:00 PM in November on a 30mph street with clear weather. I stopped my car behind another car in the front at traffic lights. The traffic lights were red. After 1 or 2 ...

If i have paid car insurance over the internet....?
Can i drive it without the cover note??
Additional Details
But why do people drive around without carrying the cover note? surely thats the same as just paying for it, and even though ...

Can I learn to drive in my employers 7.5 tonne truck or do I have to use an HGV Driving Course?
I passed my driving test before 2000 and have entitlement to provisionally drive a goods vehicle up to 7.5 tonne but is it possible to learn to drive with an experienced Goods Vehicle driver on '...

2 insurance policys on 1 car?
just needed to know if u can have 2 seperate insurance policies on 1 ...

1980 Toyota Corolla Totaled HELP?
Some kid broke my windshield with a rock and i claimed my insurance company. The car is now "totaled". WHAT THE F*** and the insurance company only giving me 100 bucks back.

Consequences for a hit and run car accident?

Should I go through my insurance company for a cracked windshield?
I have an 07 Toyota Corolla and I recently got a huge crack on my windshield, but it hasnt spider webbed out yet. I was wondering if it's cheaper/better to file it with my insurance or just go ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links