Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How Can i Make a Insurance Company Pay Me DIRECTLY for my MEDICAL BILLS from a CAR ACCIDENT?
Find answers to your legal question.

How Can i Make a Insurance Company Pay Me DIRECTLY for my MEDICAL BILLS from a CAR ACCIDENT?

I need HELP! I was hit by a drunk driver and long story short i am in the process of a settlement which i am already getting screwed but i just want it over and done! Now the guys insurance is Limited he has 30-60 coverage which means i cant get more then 30,000 now the offer is 15,000 and there not budging anymore. Now my medical Bills are 17,000 so there trying to make me pay 2,000 out of it! Lol. I no GET A LAWYER! But if i do the lawyer automatically gets 33% to 40% so that means if i do HE HAS TO WIN THE WHOLE 30k for me and still i end up with about 18,000 so its not worth risking it even the lawyer said so. So I WANT TO AGREE TO THE 15,000 AND I CAN TALK TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY WILL MOST LIKELY LOWER MY BILLS AND I WONT LOSE ANY MONEY. BUT NOW THE INSURANCE HAS THE NERVE TO TELL ME THAT THERE GOING TO PAY THE HOSPITAL DIRECTLY THEREFOR I WONT BE ABLE TO NEGOTIATE AND I WILL BE STUCK PAYING 2,000! So please if anybody can help! HOW CAN I GET THEM TO PAY ME DIRECTLY SO I CAN NEGOTIATE MY BILLS AND NOT TAKE A LOSS FOR A DUMB DUI DRIVER HITTING ME? Oh and by the way i spoke to other insurance Companys and the lawywer and people with experiance and everybody said the same thing THEY GOT PAID DIRECTLY THEN PAID THERE BILLS. SO I DONT NO WHY THIS BCH Is making my Life a Living hell.. THANKS EVERYBODY AND THE INSURANVE COMPANY IS FARMERS AKA *******

MSAD
Go ahead and negotiate the medical bill now.

If the hospital agrees to take a lower amount, have them put it in writing for you. Something like: if $xx.xx is paid by xx/xx/2010 the account will be considered paid in full". Then you can give that to the insurance company and they can pay the reduced amount.

Do you have health insurance? If yes, and it's Medicaid/Medicare or Tricare then the insurance company has to pay the medical providers directly.

If you don't have any health insurance then the hospital may have sent a lien to the insurance company. In which case, the insurance company has to pay the bill directly. They have to protect the lien. But, I see no reason why you can't try to negotiate the medical bill now and get the reduced amount in writing so that can be sent to the insurance company. That way, they know it's ok to pay the reduced amount.

rakjune
Rating
get an accident and causality lawyer get the best ones if you have injuries you could sue for a lot more they're not bulging because u don't have a lawyer.and a good lawyer will win the 30 thousand

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Proof of car insurance?
I live in Massachusetts, and I have proof of insurance on my registration. There isn't a separate insurance card - but if for some reason I am pulled over out of state, this should be be enough,...

I sold my used car and the person never transferred title and got over 500 $ worth of parking tickets?
They are on my name. What can I do.
Please only helpful comments.
Additional Details
are the tickets stuck to me or what will happen if i don't pay them?...

How much does it cost to insure a 90's range rover?
vogue SE range rover, 3.9l, automatic, 17 years old, first car. aiming for a 90's range rover because they're cheaper than a decent vauxhall astra or comparable yobbo style car. i belive a ...

Can I register a car with my mom's name on the Bill Of Sale in Georgia?
My mother wants to send me a used car as a gift. She liveS in NY and i'm in Georgia, But her name is on the Bill of Sale. She bought the car used from a neighbor and it did not come with a Title....

How Old Do You Have To Be To Get Your Driving Permit And License?
I was wondering how old you have to be to get your driving permit and your driving license in the United Kingdom....

How do i get insurance if my parents don't have licenses?
I will be turning sixteen in a few months and my mom has agreed to buy me a 2010 BMW X5. The only problem with that is that i have heard that you can not buy insurance independently at 16. My father ...

Is Allstate roadside assistance insurance the same as the allstate motor club?
Similar or not at all ?

That is, the one that is added on to insurance. I know the price is less. $5.80 every 6 months versus $48-52 per year.

Thanks

PS seems like ...

Learning to Drive for a 21 year old.?
Hi, Im about to try to get my drivers license and I check the Official website for the rules and they mostly applied to teenagers, but I wasn't too sure what the rules are for some one who'...

How where and how can I get cheap car insurance?
I lost my job last year and I'm getting back on my feet again and I'm looking for very cheap insurance because I still can't pay too much....

If I am added as an added driver to a car, how much will the insurance be? Please see details:?
If my parents were to get a mini 2004 for example, and they both have no claims and no license points, (so their insurance is about £350 each) how much would it cost to add me (a new driver aged 17) ...

NYC when do license plate normally expire?
1. NYC when do license plate normally expire?
2. When I do my license plate renewal, do I also renewed my vehicle (Vehicle Registration) at the same time?

Thanks in advance for all ...

how to i get out of vtl codes 0375 31; 0401 01A; and 0402 01?
My car has a stock exhaust, I have gotten my registration in the mail after i got the ticket because my wallet was stolen, and I have taken the clear plate off my license plate that came from the ...

Can I make an insurance claim for a car accident if I have no insurance?
I was in a car accident a couple days ago and have no insurance. The cops came, made a report, cited me, etc.

Now, I was wondering if I can make a claim against his insurance company for ...

Have you ever been in a car accident?

What would happen to you if you caused an car accident?
So my friend crashed into the side of a car when going past a red light. The 2 passengers went to the hospital and are still alive. What will happen to my friend?...

car insurance question?
does anyone know of any car insurance compaines in PA that you dont pay for right away but when you get the first bill? See im getting a car tomorrow and want to save as much money as i ...

Lady lied about car accident, can I call her?
I was involved in a small car accident which she swerved into my lane and hit my entire side and her front bumper was damaged. She told the insurance company it wasn't her fault and so her ...

I got into a car accident with no insurance, but it was 100% his fault.....?
I was just wondering.....

I got into a car accident that was 100% his fault. I have no insurance and he did. My car got impounded and was wondering a few things....

If the ...

can the insurance company really do this?
I scratched a car's wheelwell because it had parked too close behind me in a narrow driveway. I didn't see how close it was, until the scratch! Anyway, no big deal I thought. I gave my ...

Roughly speaking, how much would it cost to insure a UK 17-year-old female driver for a Mini?
If I was to insure only myself for a 2004 Mini One/Cooper, how much would it cost roughly?
How much would it cost to insure myself for a 2004 Mini convertible too?

I am just looking, ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links