Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How can they suspend my drivers license if i never had one?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can they suspend my drivers license if i never had one?

i went to get my license for the first time and they told me that they have ben suspended three times already for getting arested do i really have to pay them 800 $ or should i get a lawyer ive never even had one!!

buttrfly52
Rating
FIRST- find out what it was suspended for. they can suspend or revoke licenses for felony convictions, or driving without a license. Since you seem surprised, I would guess that it was the first and not the latter. If they state that it was a driving offense that you didn't commit, verify the full name, DOB and Social that is on the conviction, and on your license number. They may not be able to release the information to you, but they should be able to confirm if it matches. If everything matches, and you truely didn't do it, then you will want to file a police report for Identity Theft and then follow up with it to get your record clear. Also, find out if the $800.00 is past fines, or reinstatement of a license or both. If it is past fines that HAVE been paid, bring in a copy of the receipt.

?
Rating
I had a moving violation in Florida, under a Mass license. I went back to Mass and blew off the court date.

Florida then, without my knowledge, issued a bench warrent for failure to appear and then also issued me a drivers license and immediately suspended it.

Years later, not knowing this, I moved to Florida.
When I went to get my 1st Florida Drivers license at the DMV, it all came up on the computer and I left there in handcuffs.

oklatom
Rating
Have you been arrested and received fines you didn't pay? If the answer is yes, your license is suspended whether or not you actually had a license in hand or not. Pay the fine and get the suspension removed if you want a license. If you haven't been arrested and fined ask for a formal hearing before the board to get the matter resolved and show it wasn't you.

Lou A
Rating
how can they suspend something that you never had? i can see where they might not issue you a license if you have been convicted of say driving under the infulence without a drivers license.

Fred C
Rating
If you have that arrest record, such as for car theft, or vandalism, and that includes juvenile, then they gave you a driver licence number (not an actual licence), so it could be suspended. The $800 has to be paid or you will never get a licence anywhere. I have seen this many times, including the son of a really good friend, who was convicted of car theft/vandalism at 14. His share of the damage assessed was over $600.00, and he had to pay when he went to get his licence. A lawyer will cost you more than $800 and you will still have to pay the $800. If you do not have that record, if it was not really you that was arrested, if you were a victim of identity theft, then get a lawyer if you cannot straighten it out with DVL/DMV.

conejote_99
IF THAT WAS YOU OR YOU GOT PULL OVER BEFORE AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE A LICENSE YES THEY DO THAT
IT IS POSIBLE
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

rokdude5
Youre a victim of ID theft!! You better do get a lawyer to straighten it out.

skcs11
sounds like id thieth , you have to report it to the police to clear it up.

Sir W
Rating
Please let them know this may be the identity theft and ask them to help you to provide evidence of your own records.

notaclue
That my man, is a damn good question! How is it our government operates so efficiently I ask? When you get the answer, do us all a favor and post it here! I'd be very intrested to read your answer!

rann_georgia
Rating
800 bucks sounds cheap. If you really have never had a drivers licence because you weren't old enough, the idiots at the DMV should have known that, but usually, they can't think straight because their uniforms are hand-me-downs from other departments and often three sizes too small.

They should be paying you 800 dollars.

Contact your state representative and the Ombudsman of the state. We live in an elected dictatorship and this is happening more and more. Your rights are being taken away before you even get them.

sandra
I never had license and then suspended my license for a couple of dui and driving without a license now after so many years the bill is real high qhat can i do

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How do I sign a title over to someone?
My uncle gave me a car and the title, but didnt sign it. He told me to sign his name before I take it to the dmv but I have no clue where to sign. Is there a site where I can see a sample of a title ...

My 5yr old scratched our neighbors cars. Will our homeowners insurance cover this?
It was definitely her on one of the cars (she wrote her name on it), but we are not positive about the other 2. The cars were not on our property, they were parked at our neighbors homes. Is this ...

Car accident in a parking lot. Who's at fault?
Earlier this morning, I was leaving school to head home for the day. Our parking stalls are vertical, not slanted, so you can either back out or pull forward to get out. If you pull forward, you have ...

I have a broken windshield and am wondering if it would be covered by my insurance?
I live in Massachusetts, I have Comprehensive w/glass coverage 0 deductible. My windshield has two large cracks on the left and right. The problem is, earlier last year during the 2 week period our ...

Car accident other party's fault -?
I had an accident few days ago. A lady driver ran through a stop light and hit me.

Anyway the ins. company wnats to totall the car, since the car repair costs ($7500) exceed 70% of the ...

Can an auto insurance company total out your auto even if you want to repair it.?
I live in Texas.Ameriprise says that there is a law in the state of texas that says if the repairs are more than 80% of the car value they do not have to repair it but pay the value of the car minus ...

Who can I call to get my car jumped?
I'm currently out of town and the rental car is dead. Who can I call to get my car jumped? The hotel clerk was no help......

Insurance Adjuster estimate less than what it will cost to fix my car?
I was in a car accident that was not my fault. I was hit from behind on the highway and the person who hit me admitted fault 100%. I have submitted a claim through this persons insurance company.

Do car insurance rate drop when one turns 25?
If so, how much? I'll be 25 in 3 weeks.
Additional Details
Not a bad driver. Never had an accident and only had 1 speeding ticket when I was 18 but the judge threw it out....

3 points for speeding in 06, 9 more possibly to come....?
What happens if you get 3 points for speeding in 2006, then left the scene of an accident 2 years after (this year), which means a possible 3 points minimum for 3 offences, which makes 12. Is this a ...

What is the Statue of Limitations on a Speeding Ticket in Texas?
My husband received a ticket back in February of 1998. He does not remember receiving one nor paying it. We have received nothing on this ticket in the past almost nine years. Today we received a ...

What can I do if I was dropped from my car insurance?
I got a letter today, saying that my car insurance policy will be terminated near the end of October, less than a month from now. This is because of a minor accident last December and a recent ...

How will a DUI affect my insurance?
Does anyone have any idea what the typical increase is?

Im 19 but I have no other tickets, accidents etc. Im just wondering how big of an increase im looking at :/...

Can you buy auto insurance the very moment you buy a car? Do insurance companies work that quickly?
Can I call an insurance company the instant I buy a car and say, "Hey, I just bought a car. I want to get insurance for it."? I think companies should do this because if I take off from the ...

Should I let my son have his car back?
In 2 weeks my 19 year old son will have his liscence reinstated from a DUI, and later an underage drinking charge. He has been living with his mother, we divorced 14 years ago. I have his car at my ...

If I call to cancel my auto insurance will they lower their rate to try to keep me?
I thought Esurance was a good deal and I been with them for over 6 months but I found out that Mercury is cheaper and I know they are dependable because my brother is with them and paid promptly when ...

My son got a car yesterday ?
my son got a car yesterday from a man that said the car was in great condition but when we got home the engine light stayed on and it started sounding like a truck i took it to my machinic and he ...

What if my car was totalled and it wasn't my fault? Can I get paid more than the car is actually worth?
I was recently in an accident in which the other driver was held liable. She received a ticket, and her insurance company has already called and explained that they will take responsibility. The ...

I got stopped on the 31/07/08 for caring 6 passengers. I am insured for 6 passengers. ?
4 Passengers were siting behind the driver. One of the passenger a child was sitting on one adult. Hence the charge " Contrary to regulation 100(1) of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) ...

What year is k on a english no plate?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links