Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How do you convert a salvage car title to a clean title?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you convert a salvage car title to a clean title?

I recently purchased a car with a NC salvage title and my insurance company won't insure it for anything more than liability coverage. I spoke to an adjustor for the insurance company and he told me that if I can find a way to get a clean title they will fully insure the car. Even if it comes up in the VIN history report that it formerly had a total loss claim, they will still fully insure the car. The process has been done in the past to defraud people into buying a car that's not worth as much but I'm just trying to work this out so I can insure my car with full coverage.

bundysmom
Are you wanting to go to jail for insurance fraud? There's no way you can turn a salvage vehicle into a non-salvaged vehicle. and believe you me, there's alot of VIN history the general public doesn't have access to...so don't try it, you'll get caught.

Clevis D
Rating
No legal way to do this. The Gremlin guy is nuts -- Alabama has been a title state since 1974.

irish24
Rating
This website is an awesome resource for information regarding slavaged vehicles:

http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/salvaged-vehicles.php

According to this information, "If the buyer repairs the vehicle, he or she may apply for a new certificate of title. When the car is sold again, it has a clean title."

ASK-HOLE
YOU CAN`T..

UCANTCME
Rating
YOU...DON'T....AND ...NEVER...WILL.

Matt
Rating
I'm not completely sure but I don't think you can do that. The title is a document that shows the cars previous owners and potential accidents or if it has been rebuilt. If the title is altered from the truth, you could get into serious trouble.

CarMan
Take your car to a state that does not use salvage titles. Here's a list of such states:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont

gremlingts
About the only way I know to do this is A) have the title transferred to a state with no salvage title ( Virginia doesn't have any ), or B) get a receipt for it thru Alabama, they don't even use titles to register an older car, not sure if that would translate into a regular title once you try to retitle it to your home state. But I think you'll need to go to a state that doesn't have salvage titles to get the car retitled first, then transfer it back. Good luck!
- The Gremlin (car) Guy -

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is a good car insurance company?
Since I started driving 9 years ago I have had Liberty Mutual car insurance. I'm not happy with them right now. I was in an accident 6 months ago and they refused to fight it for me. In 9 years I...

If a rock from a truck hits my windshield and breaks it, can i file a claim against the truck insurance compan

What are the steps to owning your very own car? What requirements do you need?
- Drivers license?
- Insurance?
- Credit score?
- Finanacing?...

If someone hits my from behind in a car, then i hit the person in front of me who is responsible?

Additional Details
CAN YOU GIVE ME A WEBSITE TO PROVE THIS?????...

In a wreck 5-5-06 still haven't settled..?
ambulane ride alot of money..... wont wait...... going to garnish
my wages... don't think its right, wasn't my fought I needed
the ambulance......missed 3wks.. of work......

Fork truck @ work advice in the UK ?
Don't know if anyone on yahoo will be able to answer this, but anyway, found out yesterday that our Fork truck at work is not covered by our company liability insurance (our insurance company ...

I recently had a accident and told her i would pay for damage. i gave 720.00 and now she wants rental paid 4?
I BACKED INTO A GIRL AT WORK IN THE PARKING LOT. WE EXCHANGED #'S BUT NOT INSURANCE I THEN ASKED HER IF SHE WANTED TO GO THROUGH OUR INSURANCE AND SHE SAID THIS COULD BE RESOLVED WITHOUT GOING TH...

My car has outstanding parking fines,it is registered to my limited company,can bailiff ask for money from me?
I mean me as a person? they didi knock on my door this morning and left notice in my name not the company name....

Am I paying too much for auto insurance?
I am 20 year old male. I am paying $250 per month for my 2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe....

I have a car that was involved in a accident on 3/7/08 and we are still fighting the guys insurance co.?
The car is totaled and sitting at a tow yard, collecting $ $ everyday that it sits there. It was the other drivers fault but he is not claiming that. My lawyer won't call me back and I don'...

I wrecked my car, I have full cover insurance. Will I get any money?
I wrecked my car! I swerved to miss a cat and I hit a tree on my home from school. If I have full coverage insurance...will I get money back? I need to buy another car for transportation...and Im new ...

Their insurance said our quotes don't matter?
My husband and I live in Ohio. We were in a car accident this week, where a van backed into my car (which was not moving). The guy was very nice, and his insurance company called me later that day. W...

Car accident....who should pay????
so i got into a car accident with a honda pilot that was either an 05' 04' or 03' i was following as close as everyone else was unaware of how close i should be....i was following ...

Are black and silver licence plates legal in the UK.?
There are a number of cars here in Warrington with Black Number Plates, with Silver lettering. This looks like the very old style plates (60s and earlier).

Is it legal for any car to have ...

Im 20 years old, clean driving licence,will i be able to get insured on my dads range rover sport (4.2 litre)?
my dad has a range rover sport, 55 plate, 4.2 litre engine, i was wondering whether or not i would be able to get insured on it - as a named driver (not insured as owner of car)?
im 20 years old,...

Is Progressive Insurance any good?
I found a good quote with them, but i want to be sure if they are anygood and backing up their quotes....

What does revoked mean on a driving licence?

Anyone know any good car insurers?
Does anyone know of a good car insurer in the United Kingdom for someone who has just passed their test?...

My car was in an accident, value is 4100.00, estimate of 2500 to 3000.00 damage, is it totalled?
What percent of the value of the car is it before they total it?...

Is Uhaul responsible for the damage to my car?
Two weeks ago I went to a local Uhaul lot and rented one of their uhaul trucks. After signing all the paperwork and before taking off in the truck, I was asked by one of the sales associates to move ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, July 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links