Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How long can a vehicle sit in an auto impound lot before you can not retrieve it?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long can a vehicle sit in an auto impound lot before you can not retrieve it?

Max B
Why are you asking us? Call the lot and ask them.

unaturalyaspirated
A yard operator can not do anything with your car until the value of the car is exceeded by what you owe them.
Most yards will haggle when the bill gets high. remember it costs them money to do the paper work to get a title released.

AnnaT
Rating
in California depends on the value of your car: from 30 days (if value less than $4,000.00) up to 6 months

parrotsarenoisy
depends on the impound lot. you would have to call them and find out. everyone is different

frozenfun
Rating
You have to pay the impound fees or the car will be auctioned so the owner of the lot can be paid their fees...think you only have 30 days or so before they start auction proceedings...heck call the lot and ask!

oklatom
All the way up to the point that they hold a lien sale for an abandoned vehicle. Varies by state, but generally if you have left it over 30 days without contact it's abandoned.

duster
it will set there till the bills on it are taken care of.
I think after a few months or so, they have the legal right to do what they want with it.

tarahshane@rogers.com
Rating
A LONG TIME HERE IN CANADA LIKE 6-12 MONTHS it just gets more expensive to get it out as you pay lot fees per day!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What will three tickets do to my insurance?
Within three months, I have gotten three tickets. First was fallowing too close wich resulted in an accident. Then this last week I was pulled over for speeding. The cop comes back and asks me if I...

I live in Illinois. I reported it to my insurance comp. See Question!?
I reported to my insurance company. But since she has insurance and it is her fault. I have to deal with her insurance company. They say that they can't get a hold of the lady that I got into an ...

I'm 16... How do I get my driver's license?

Additional Details
In California....

Could i insure myself as a provisional driver in my own car?
My grandma has offered to buy me a car when i pass my driving test, but spoke to me the other day and said she would consider buying me the car now so i can practise in it and hopefully pass my test ...

Can i sue my ex husband for half of the money being garnished from my paycheck for a car he had repo?
ok i divorced my husband we had an expidition under both of our names after we divorce he kept the car he had the car reposes we was sent to court so they can get their money since it was a 3 year ...

Rear ended and given a fake insurance number?
I was rear ended by a tow truck last week and given a fake insurance number and have only the business info from the side of the tow truck to rely on. I did not wait for a police report, the police ...

My car was stolen and burnt out on Monday. Tesco have asked if we want to make a claim still but....?
they have said that if we don't make a claim we still have to pay the remaining four months direct debit. Surely this isn't right as there is no car to insure? Can anyone help me?!
A...

How much is it to replace your lost licence(drivers).?
How much does the DMV charge you for another licence not to renew it just get another one?...

Can a repo man go into your property and take your car?
Can a repo man go into your gated private property and repo your car or call police to get it out?...

Best advice for driving test.?
i have my 2nd driving test soon, i was really nervous. its in the afternoon so is it best to keep busy in the morning or to relax.
Please ...

Can I get a rental car on my name, even though I don't have a driver's license?
The thing is that my company is willing to pay for a rental car. But I don't have a driver's license. Can I get the rental car on my name, but have a friend drive me?

( a friend ...

I have a car insurance.?
I hit my car in a parking gargage and messed up the gas door. My car insurance lapsed at that same time. I am now searching for new insurance. When I get insurance coverage will I be able to file ...

My daughter claims disabled tax on her motor in my name,do i need to be with her 24/7for it to legal?
i'am entitled to disabled motor car tax,i'am a none driver my daughter claims it on my behalf because she takes me any place i need to go and gets me all my shopping etc,do i have to be ...

How common is it for an 18 year old male in the US to not have a car?
What are the statistics?...

Question on car insurance!! HELP PLEASE?
hi I plan on financing a used 2003 rsx type-s. I was wondering if I was required to get 2-way insurance on it. because I want 1-way coverage. I heard that certain cars require you to have full ...

Can someone who knows about insurance stuff help me on a car accident issue?
I completely got screwd here... Someone help me out please.
2 people in the car ( I was passenger and my friend was driver ) Keep in mind this is my car. I had a little bit to drink so he drove ...

How much for a one year of insurance for a 2008 Silverado?
yeah i have a 2008 single cab silverado and i was wondering if somone would help me find an estement of a one year of insurance on a 2008 silverado...i need and estemate of how much is it for a whole ...

Can I get full coverage insurance for a 93 Honda Civic?

Do i really have to bring with me my car registration paper everytime i drive my car or is it okey not to have
it with me and i'll just put it in my apartment???...

How can i get my vehicle insurance with out meeting with an accident?
i there any way that i can get my vehicle insurance with out meeting with an accident.
Additional Details
i have insured my vehicle.how can i get money for my vehicle with out meeting ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, December 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links