Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car?

I had my car nicked about two weeks ago, I have sent the insurance company all the required docs and incident form. They found the car burnt out a day later. Police were informated as soon as I realised car was gone. How long will the insurance companiy take to pay out?

MSAD
Rating
They will have to complete their investigation before they consider paying out. How long the investigation takes depends on what has to be done. Since we don't know the details of your claim and have not spoken to your adjuster -- we can't tell you. However, since the car was found burned out - they will take a very close look at this claim.

Beth
Rating
I would prepare for a long wait. 3-4 weeks to start. Fire and Theft claims do need to be investigated (as the previous answers have said). It is a good thing you sent in all your paperwork already. That will help.

Lastly, I would call your theft and fire adjuster often after the 2 week. Your file will find its way to the top of the pile!!!

kddave
i've been waiting for 3 months for car## nas# to sort out my bike claim hope yours goes better than mine

car253
Easy theft claims are usually paid within a month. A burned out car maybe more complicated. Maybe. If it seems fishy, then they can send the claim to a special investigative unit to investigate. Then it can take a lot longer. If you have nothing to hide, then just cooperate, and everything will check out, and then they will pay you with no problem.

I know people that had nothing to hide but refused to cooperate so never got paid. It is in your policy that you have to cooperate with the insurance company. So, do whatever they ask.

The insurance company should be providing you with a rental car until they settle your claim. If you don't have one, then call and ask the claim rep for one.

Good Luck.

waynehardy66
Rating
Simple answer is, As long as they want!

You can reduce this time by keeping on at them in writing, e-mail and phone.

Be polite but firm, keep asking when they will pay out, and if they have any steps to complete first then ask when they expect that step to be completed.

They will pay up as soon as possible because they want rid of the pressure from you.

WAYNE C
usually within 6 weeks.

vabreu2004
1 week but get on top of them.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Insurance - Can a named driver drive to college/work legally?
Help.
Additional Details
My friend's parents have banned him from driving to colleg, due to the fatc he is a named driver. Apparently it is not for use like that....

Does having a pass plus certificate actually make a difference on the insurance?
I passed my test last week - im 27.

My insurance for fully comp is being quoted at a 1000, 213 pounds deposit and 94 pounds a month.

that's for fully comp. My driving ...

Is it better to take a drivers license test through the DMV or the driver's ed school?
Which one based on your experiences/opinions do you think is better?...

My car insurance offered me £200 for my car that was stolen?
I had an old 1993 ford fiesta 1.9d which i only use to go to and from work it was stolen and insurance co only offered me 200 less 100 excess is there any thing i can do ?...

Driving without license by mistake?
If one, with a clean (no ticket, accident etc.) driving history for almost say 7-8 years, forgot to carry his/her driver's license by human mistake from home and got caught by cops, what should ...

Has anyone heard about the possibility of buying a uk driving licence from the dvla???
i've heard through the grape vine, not sure if its true, however if anyone does know the fcts, please message back, it would be really interested to know....

Two insurance quotes, one car?
Is it possible for me and my brother to have two insurance quotes on the car, or do I have to go on his insurance? He is already insured on the car? Thanks :)...

What kind of insurance do I need to drive my friend's car ? I have only learning licence?
What kind of insurance do I need to drive my friend's car ? I have only learning licence but my friend has got full license and more then 4yrs old....

What happens when two people get into a car accident but neither of them has insurance?

What happens if you dont get a new license in 30 days after you move?

If my car is registered to me, can I still list my wife as the primary driver for an insurance policy?
I have a bad driving history. My wife's is crystal clean. Currently I am paying over $300 per month for car insurance....can we save money if I list my wife as the primary when asking about new ...

I need a school restricted licence?
I lost my licence for 9 months. my lawer gave me a form to fill out so i can drive to work, and school. i filled out petition and the college said that they will not exept the form that there is a ...

Does full coverage auto insurance cover theft of the car?

Question about SR-22 insurance.?
Does anyone have a guess on the price for high risk insurance on a toyota 4-runner and a honda accord. The insurance carrier is a 30 yr old female. I know it varies from state to state but I was just ...

If a car is in reposession, is it considered stolen if you still have it?

I need help on tracking someone by a license plate #? SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY...?
How can i track some one by their license plate #?
i need to know exactly how and what to do to track a car and person by just a license plate number.
PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P!

Do i have to diplay new driver plates?

What's the difference between...?
Full coverage auto insurance and liability auto insurance? My step daughter wrecked my car last night. We carry full coverage on our car. The accident was her fault. I don't know what kind of ...

What is the cHEAPEST car insurance???......?
4 a 17 year ...

Do you have to purchase insurance if you co sign for a vehicle. And your not driving the vehicle?

Additional Details
I'm helpping someone get a loan for a car but their name will be on the title. Do i still have to get insurance....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links