Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How long does a 16 year old need to wait to get a license after getting a permit?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long does a 16 year old need to wait to get a license after getting a permit?

Additional Details
I live in California.

kristen m
According the the DMV, 6 months.

AUDJDI
In PA its 6 months and 50 hours of driving on a permit. It may be different where you live but maybe not.

chris
Rating
6 moths

amagaldi_star
to take the written test you have to wait a day and a month but i don't know how long for the driving test....i took it through a school and as soon as you're done with your six hours of driving you can take the test so i don't think there's any age limit on how old you have to be to take your driving test. Just make sure you're ready for it!

stardust792004
Rating
every state is different but in md its 60 days plus drivers educatiopn with 3 hrs of drug and alchol and 60 hours on your own time with a liscensed driver of 3 yrs.

corndog
15 years to life

Jose
6- 1 year
'

erayzor913
1 year now

Heart ♥ breaker
half a year so 6 months

TheQuestionAnswerer
Rating
6m

Me
Rating
This depends on which state you live in and the laws. Ask your parents...they should know this. Or call the BMV.

God is STILL in control!!!
It depends on what state you live in. For example,in Illinois you have to wait 9 months after you get your permit to get your license plus 50 hours of driving.

Millie
Rating
It depends on the state. In Utah, we can get our permit up to six months before we turn sixteen, and so when we turn sixteen, we can get our licenses right away. I would maybe find out specifically for your state, or ask your driver's ed instructor.

Kris10 = love
i think you have to wait 6 months between permit and license so i say 6 months :/

yeah
depends on where you live for me a year

MakeupGeek
Six months.

John Boy
Rating
365 days exactly and i think like 50 hours of driving.

Snow White Queen
6 months

Knowlage
Rating
If I had my way it another 16 years

Type01
It is usually six months or when you turn 18 you dont have to wait anymore.

Housefanatic1
20 hours of driving...after

brittnie
Rating
pretty sure its still 6 months..

but it might depend on where you live..

Manuel L
Rating

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How long does a provisional driving licence last?

What's the average insurance cost of a 17 year old just strating to drive?
1.) In a 1.0 engine car
2.) In a 1.5 engine car
2.) In a 2.0 engine car
Additional Details
Sorry I meant *starting

The car I'm considering getting is 1996 VW G...

How Much did your Driving lessons cost when you were learning to drive ?
I think mine were about £3.50....

My daughter had an accident at tescos. she got her fingers caught in an escalator. can i make a claim?
we were shopping in tescos in gallions reach and my daughter whos a year and few months old ran towards the escalator that was coming up. we were on the second floor and she tripped whilst she was ...

Whose insurance is responsible for the auto accident?
Ok, long story but I recently got into a car accident and had no insurance. My car was paid for, but I had no insurance on it. I live in Michigan which is a no-fault state, but I hit a building and I ...

Please can someone take my speeding points? I will pay! (UK)?

I offered to pay for a fender bender out of my pocket, smart move?
the other driver agreed to let me pay damages on a fender bender his car 87-88 datsun, then he calls me up and says he is going to fix it himself (the driveshaft is bent, even though he drove it all ...

My wife thinks she may have been caught on a speed camera. 40mph in a 30mph zone she thinks, ban?
she passed last june so will she have to do her test again? united kingdom....

Can anyone give me advice? PLEASE!!?
I have been working at a car dealers for a few months now, but i never told them i had no car licence they thought i did but im getting abit scared now in case i get stoped by the police when im out ...

Driving - Insurance claim who's fault?
I stalled on a roundabout and a taxi ran into the back of my car - who is at fault?...

My car has been stolen :( What do I do next?

Additional Details
Oh crap, I'm sure I had some letters with my home address on in the car. And my sunglasses. Crap crap crap....

Accidentally scratching someones car then leaving the scene without giving details?
if someone is coming out of a car park space and scratches the persons car who is in the spece next to it, but then leaves without leaving any details of name, insurance etc, what can be done about ...

Drink Drive Accident, insurance valid?
If you had an accident in your car whilst you were over the drink drive limit, would your insurance still be valid for the repairs if you were fully comp?...

Did you fail your driving test first time? What happend? How many times in the end?
I failed for the first time yesterday, share your stories....

Car accident whos to blame?
My partner was reversing his car out of our drive on sunday thre was a car parked half on the pavement opposite our drive and my partner reversed and hit it .There wasnt alot of damage apart from a ...

How come men always claim that women are bad drivers?
Men always complain that women are horrible drivers and that we don't pay attention but, our insurance is a whole lot cheaper then theirs.......

I have to go to court for driving without insurance what can I expect?
I was pulled over for speeding & did not have insurance. I now have insurance and have to go to court on xmas eve. I dont have any sort of record (maybe a speeding tix in the past 3 yrs.) S...

Is it worth getting full comp insurance if your car is only cheap?

What do i do if my car is hit by a police car?
hi, i was involved with a collision with a police car that was on the wrong side of the road going at speed- my insurance are not interested- what can i do my car is a wreck? ...

What happens if i got caught speeding doing 70mph in a 30mph speed limit?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links