Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How many people can a person carry in a minibus with a normal drivers licence?
Find answers to your legal question.

How many people can a person carry in a minibus with a normal drivers licence?

both here in the uk and in the rest of europe??

Galway Nutter
Rating
8 as far as I know. That's what it is here in Ireland anyway!

Wayne Kerr
9 for hire or reward 16 for private use.

Not sure about europe sorry probably varies from country to country.

In my experience if the french want to do you they will just make it up if they can't find anything wrong.

Dan H
If you dress them in clown suits, about 25.

capcave2002
Rating
8 any more and you need a psv

Sandee
Rating
You can only carry as many passengers that the minibus is designed to hold. If they are paying, you are not allowed to carry any passengers without a PSV licence.

Bardic
Rating
Here's the latest & genuine info: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022498

telboy everton forever
Rating
8 people but not for hire or reward ie no payments made to the driver

Terry G
It depends on how many seats there are on the minibus, 8,10,12,15. Every person must have a seat.

scottish football ....nuff said
Rating
not many.......
mini-buses are heavy.....
ive never lifted one.....but im sure bruce willis could......

maclaren
15 seater it does say on the back of your licence............maclaren

Soup Dragon
Rating
The minibus should state the maximum amount of people it should carry and this should be adhered to.

Taganan
Rating
As many as the minibus is designed to carry. But if they are paying you officially as a hired driver of a hired minibus, then you must have the required commercial drivers license.

Normally licenses are reciprocal between governments, except for some commercial drivers. As a private individual you can drive almost anywhere using an existing license. Some places require an international license. Check with each country you want to drive in.

Ivan R
Rating
Hello,

(ANS) The answer is definitely only eight people ( ONLY 8 persons) unless the law changed recently? I used to drive a mini bus on behalf of clients at a day center for Leeds M.I.N.D ( a mental health charity). I only hold a full UK license.

IR

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Generally speaking if someone has a previous (recent) Drink Driving conviction?
Are they covered under another car owners 'any driver' insurance policy?...

Auto insurance. Do you think it is a rip-off?
I live in MI and auto insurance takes so much of my monthly income. I believe auto insurance should be a choice. Not mandatory....

I sold a car to a "friend" that won't pay...?
I know I'm stupid, so please hold back on letting me know that fact. Anyways, He lives about 800 miles away now and won't pay/return calls. I know where he works/lives, but what will I ...

Is this a reasonable offer?
hi was in a head on collasion, my car is of the road (rideoff) i am having terrible back nd next pain since the accident, his insurance company offered me £2800 but i have to pay my own med bills, ...

If a buy a car without tax, would I be able to buy insurance and then tax the same day?
Basically, I want to buy a car and it has no road tax. If I buy the car and get insurance the same day would I be able to buy road tax, surely insurance companies would e-mail you with the details ...

Are you responsible for paying an accident when someone else was driving your car without your knowledge?
I just received a letter from the dept of transportation regarding an accident a friend had in my car in Dec, 2006. At the time of the accident i was giving birth to my son and had no idea he had my ...

I just bought a car taxed until the end of September but it's Disabled Class tax. How do I change it...?
back please? I looked at the DVLA web site which said you can only change the taxation class on renewal.

Tried ringing by they're on strike!

Am I legal until the end of S...

How do i get my car registered in my name after buying the car from someone who was selling thier car?
the sticker expired in march 2007. i waited so long because the car broke down and i finally fixed it but now i want to drive it but the registration sticker is expired. i never put it in my name in ...

Why should my credit score have ANY bearing on my car insurace rates?
If I have no accidents and NO tickets in the past 15 years????...

Can i have a seperate insurance company from my parents?
i live in NY and just recently they (Allstate) sent a letter saying that they know that i have a permit and what not. the thing is that the reason y i can get a licence is b/c the poolicy is going to ...

I had no car insurance.....?
and my husband was in an accident.. His fault, he rear-ended her. We payed he deductible, and now her insurance company is trying to come after us for the damages. Can they do this? I thought ...

Driving test problem?
Hiya iv been told that you have to have a driving instructor to book a practical test, is that true?

Reason i ask is because i couldnt afford lessons and to pay for my insurance for my car ...

I was in an accident, i didnt have insurance,he plead guilty in court, now he wont contact me!!!!!?
In december i got in an accident made a police report (cops came), i didnt have insurance at the time and he didnt have proof, it was a DL plate (dealer) anyhow we had court on feb 5th, and he plead ...

I need some advice....?
I am a teenager and I got a ticket going 70 in a 45. This is my first speeding ticket, is there anything I can do to keep my insurance from going up?
Additional Details
I got a ticket ...

If u were to see a license plate that had DTH8MOI would u know what it was saying?

Additional Details
It suppose to mean Don't Hate Me!! I guess back to the drawing board!! What about DNTH8ME...

I recently got a speeding ticket in NJ. I am a PA resident. Should I show up for the court date?
I have heard that showing up for the court date could result in less points towards your driving record? Is this true? I'm much more concerned with the points towards my record and insurance ...

Need to insure 2 car's under the same policy?
Basically I have 1 year no claims bonus and don't want to insure 2 car's on different policies which insurer offers car Insurance that best suit my needs....

What to do if i just got into an accident and i have liability auto insurance?
I fell asleep behind the wheel, and hit a tree. the car is totaled. I was not hurt and no one was involved in the accident. should i report this to my insurance company?...

What happens to your 'no-claims' when you get rid of your car?
I am about to scrap my car after many faithful years' service and I was wondering whether my accumulated no-claims discount will just sit in 'limbo' till I get another vehicle - which ...

Problem with nerves on driving lesson, read on?
Ok I passed my test nearly 20 years ago and only drove about 6 times as my husband (now ex) shouted like a mad man at me from when I passed my test so I didn't drive. I got my new licence as ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links