Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How much does it cost to transfer a plate?
Find answers to your legal question.

How much does it cost to transfer a plate?

I am buying a car this Friday and I already have a license plate from my last vehicle. About how much would it cost at a notary to transfer the new vehicle information to this plate & registration? I live in PA.
Additional Details
I'm buying a used car from a private owner.

dieterzakas
Rating
If Pennsylvania motor vehicle practices are similar to New Jersey's, you probably CAN'T.

In the case of New Jersey, there is nothing on the plate to indicate its use for light trucks (i.e., pickups and SUVs). Rather, the difference is in internal coding (in the DMV's computer system) regarding the plates' assignment, so transfer from a car to a truck or vice versa won't happen.

Your best bet is to ask your state's DMV office.

ticktock
How much would depend on the make and model of your old AND new vehicles. But generally, it is cheaper to transfer the plates than it is to get new ones.

EDIT: Here in Indiana, you can transfer car plates to SUV's, but only if you are not planning on using the SUV to pull trailers. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a truck plate instead. (Laws here might be different, so I would check before going.)

Hypno MILF Snatch
Rating
Are you buying a new car or used. I had a personalized plate on my previous car, and I just told the dealership that I wanted to use the same plate. They took care of it, but I have no idea how much it was. And then that was in 2003 and I'm in CA.

This of course was probably useless info though. But I'll star for interesting.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How would I check to see if a DMV is closed due to snow?
I need to see if my DMV is closed ...

Ford puma car insurance?
how much would ford puma 1.7 car insurance cost i am a first time buyer and i don't understand the confused.com websites etc :P
please ...

Practical Driving Test Help...?
I'm thinking of taking my practical driving test soon and I wanted to take an intensive course as it's quicker and you can save money too. However my brother told me that to take the ...

Motorcycle Insurance Issue ?
Recently a friend of mine wanted to purchase a motorcycle that he found a super great deal on. Because his credit is very average he asked me to purchase the cycle and he would make me payments plus ...

If involved in a car accident what are the insurance details that need to be exchanged?
I know I need to give my insurance details but is it just the insurance company name or anything else as well?...

Insurance question from a CA driver?
I live in CA and my employer wants to loan me a car to get to and from work because I don't have one. His car is insured but Im not insured under his policy. What am I liable for and what is he ...

Courtesy car insurance - who is responsible - driver or garage (UK)?
My missus just had a prang in a courtesy car.

The garage gave her the car, didnt ask her if she had insurance or anything.

Our insurance company say they would have covered us ...

Car accident fake information help?
I was rear ended yesterday as I was about to pull out of walmart and me and the guy pulled into a parking next to it so we wouldnt block the exit. Ive never been in a wreck and I called home to be ...

Insurance help.......?
i am 16 and wanting to get car insurance. i was wanting to know how much car insurance goes up if you dont have a's and b's. i know it kind of depends on the car insurance provider but ...

My car was impounded for 30 days and now has a lien on it...?
have you ever heard of this? My son was caught driving my car with no license so it was impounded for a mandatory 30 days. 20 or so days in while my car was sitting at their yard I get a lien notice. ...

TRANSFER KENTUCKY REBUILT TITLE TO TENNESSEE? ?
I AM ABOUT TO purchase a vehicle at a awesome price with a Kentucky Rebuilt title, he has been through the process of getting it from a salvage title to a rebuilt title.. i live in Tennessee, and ...

What age do you have to be to sign a car title and get a tag? also what would insurance be for a 17 year old?

Got into an accident. Injuries in my vehicle, maybe other party vehicle? Other party adjuster keeps calling. ?
I had a very old car. There was a injury in my car. I do not know about the other car. Illinois accident. My injured friend from my car probably will not pay for his injury when the bill comes due. H...

Ohio Driving Test...?
Im about to take my driving test in Ohio to get my license, anyone want to give me any tips or anything?
thanks!...

Is it legal for a 16 year old to drive minors?
is it legal in the state of california for a 16 year old with a license to drive friends with a note from their own guardian, and the guardian of their friends even if it's not a school related ...

Who will give car insurance with a drivers permit?
My DL was suspended and I restored them today due to parking ticket but I have to start all over so I have a permit so who will give me car insurance with a permit need A.S.A.P...

Can i drive a big rig without a CDL if its considered a RV ?
ok i want to get a peterbilt with a sleeper cab that is technically a class 8 truck but can i register it as an RV and drive it with out a CDL
i live in ...

How much would this car be on insurance?
http://stlouis.craigslis
lol I would really like to know!! asap if possible!! =p
I would just be getting liability on it...nothing like full coverage XD
<...

What is the insurance rate for a 16 year old who owns a 2004 mazda rx-8 with 70,000 miles on it.?
I am a b+ student, and am wondering what would it be for my own policy and also if i were to be added on to a family policy with 2 people. thanks....

How old do you have to be to get you drivers license?
i dont know where you live so i live in ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links