Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

How old do you have to be to get your drivers license in arkansas?
Find answers to your legal question.

How old do you have to be to get your drivers license in arkansas?

what about texas. what state has the youngest age that you can get a drivers license

Joe
Rating
In Arkansas you are allowed to drive at the age of 14. The state has 3 stages of licenses for teens:

1) Instruction Permit. The purpose of this permit is basically to allow you to learn the rules of the road and other basics, hence; instruction. To qualify for this, you have to be 14, pass a few tests, and then you can drive on the street with several restrictions, such as; You must have a licensed driver over 21 with you at all times.

2) Learners License. A 14 year old can get this after passing a few more tests, and then some of the restrictions will be eased. However, he'll still need a 21 year old licensed driver with him.

3)Intermediate License. You must be 16 to get this, by passing even more tests. With this license, you no longer have the requirement of needing an adult with you in the car.

Once you reach the age of 18, and can pass the requirements, you can get the Class D License, which HAS no restrictions.

I'm not sure of exactly how Texas does it, but I DO know that the EARLIEST you can get a learner's permit in that state is 15.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should I let my auto insurance company know about my accident ?
I had a minor accident this year without any harm , loss or claim . I am at fault . Should I call my insurance company and let them know this ?
Or , I tell them only when they ask me . Am I ...

How much is teen auto insurance?
i normally have bs and as and rarely cs for school. About how much would auto insurance be?...

Which auto insurace provides the cheapest rates for first time drivers?
I'm a 19 year old student looking to insure my '93 oldsmobile cutlass ciera S, 4 door sedan, 6 cyl (which is my first and only car). I've looked up a couple providers already and I'...

How can I insure my son as an occasional driver when I have 2 vehicles?

What happens if you drive a car without insurance?
Is it illegal if you drive without insurance?

What if a careless driver hits you? are they or their isurance company require to pay for all damage they've done?...

HOW CAN I CHANGE MY BIRTHDAY ON THE NEW ONTARIO DRIVERS LICENSE?
i have the new ontario drivers license, but i have a extra one cause i recently got my G. is there any way or a place where i can change my birthday on the extra G2 license?? anyone know of a place ...

Can I repossess a vehicle from a coborrower?
I financed a vehicle with an ex-girlfriend. She took the vehicle after the split. Since then she has caused a 30 day late to my credit. Can I take back the vehicle even though she has made the ...

Do you need a license to ride a camal?

I crashed with fake insurance?
I crashed yesterday, and I found out that my insurance company is a FRAUD, the name of the company is Landa Insurance. Can I get in any trouble or anything for having a fake insurance? Or do the cops ...

I failed my driving test but drove beautifully?
I did everything so well and careful. But I went through a yellow light that turned red as I passed it. There was a huge truck in front of me and I could not see. I feel so dumb that stupid people ...

South Carolina Driving Laws?
I have my restricted license but I was wondering how long you had to have it before you could get a regular license?...

How much is it to register a car in the state of MASS?
I want to registar & insure my ...

Do i have to be added to my parent's insurance policy to drive?
I'm 16 and will get my driver's license next week
the car is insured but im just not listed
is it illegal to drive the car if i'm not listed on the policy?

their ...

How can I get the title for my car?
I recently bought my car from the auction with no title...the auction staff told me they were gonna get it but everytime I call they never have it! Its been about 2 weeks now. How long does it take WT...

If someone hit my car in a parking lot?
If someone hit my car in a parking lot and they are turning it into their insurance do I also have to call my ...

Does anybody have Progressive auto insurance?
Im thinking about getting Progressive auto insurance, I live in Massachusetts so the prices seem too good to be true. So is it a good insurance company....

NJ Driving Test question?
What are the forms of identification I need for the NJ road ...

Rented a car, and got into an accident. Who's fault? What happens next?
I was making a right turn when another vehicle (coming straight down) hit me on the rear passenger door on the driver's side. Both cars were seriously damaged, although none of the people were ...

Can I drive a 50cc moped on a DMV restricted (DUI) license?
I got a DUI and my license is restricted to to/from work and alcohol. I am wondering if I can legally drive a 50cc moped around?...

Insurance for a SUV or Coupe 01... Which cost more?
For someone thats 24 years old and lives in NYC with clean driving record........

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links