Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I am a passenger in an accident where nobody has insurance, will my insurance help me?
Find answers to your legal question.

I am a passenger in an accident where nobody has insurance, will my insurance help me?

If I am a passenger in a car and involved in a two car collision and am injured but neither of the two drivers have insurance would my insurance cover my hospital costs and loss of wages?

ronald h
Rating
If you have medical insurance through your work place it will cover you and they will try an get their money back from the adverse driver. If you have auto insurance with Personal Injury Protection you have coverage for medical. You will have to look to the courts for further relief from the drivers.r

sydkan
Rating
yes if you carry the proper coverages and depending on what state you live in.

IF you carry PIP, Personal Injury Protection, it will pay regardless of fault. Med pay will pay your bills as well.

Most people carry uninsured motorist bodily injury and would be available as the other parties were uninsured.

Contact your agent for more specific information but you should be good.

Good luck

Luna & Lawnboy
Rating
Yes, you file a PIP and/or Uninsured Motorist claim against your own policy. They will pay and subrogate against the at fault party.

David L
No. You have to sue the driver who was at fault.

coil
no chance

JoeBob
no

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How much is auto insurance?
About how much a month would you pay for auto insurance if you're under 25 boy with a two door car?...

What are the cheapest ways to make a moped go faster?

Who is at fault in this car crash scenario?
I was making a left turn to go into the college campus.I was traveling SOUTH as I approached the solid green light, and I waited for ~ 3-4 minutes until traffic cleared. I see a purple pt cruiser ...

How to get my license?
So im 17 and i have my permit and i read that i need to take a 5 hour pre-licensing course? what is it exactly? do i need to take a test? and after that do i need to take driving lessons? and well i ...

How will this 15-20 mph speeding ticket affect my insurance?
I just turned 18 and I am a senior in high school. I live in a small area that is just between two towns. This area is known for its police; they have a tendency to give speeding tickets out like ...

About how much would it cost to insure a 2002 Saturn SL2 with about 80,000 miles on it?
I'm having trouble getting quotes online because I'm planning for the future when I move out of the house (so I don't know my address.) Since my job isn't near much public ...

Uninsured Motorists Coverage, how much?
I just moved to Orlando and have the option of adding this. I'm planning on it seeing as I'm still making car payments and there are alot of people around here without insurance. I am asked ...

No personal information or insurance exchanged in minor car accident?
Will the person whose car had minor accident ,claim for the accident with no personal information or insurancee details exchanged between the two drivers?...

Do you get the actual license the same day in TN?
I am from MI, where you have to wait for your new license to come in the mail, if i apply for a license in TN will i get the actual license the same day, or do i have to wait for it to come in the ...

If someone lets a vehicle go back..?
to the bank in VA, what all can they do about it?? To a resident in WV...
Can they take their driver's licence?...

Can anyone check on information on the Central Index Bureau auto carriers use?
I have the insured's name and the year of the accident is back in 1989. The information will solve a mystery that has been ongoing for over 30 years....

My manager wont write me a letter so i can get a hardship license what do i do?
She refuses to write a simple letter that states I work at the business (dunkin Donuts) and that I normally work 3-8. Thats it thats all she has to write for me but she says its against policy how ...

Teen Car Insurance Rates?
1st question is: Do you need car insurance if you only have a Driver's permit?
2nd question is: About how much does it cost for a 16 year old male on parents coverage, living in tennessee, ...

Does your license in ohio always get suspened after 12 points?
Whats happens when i get 12 point's???/...

Will the expiration date of my permit be different of my license?
I just passed my road test and don't have my official license yet. I need to know if the expiration date on my license will be different of that on my permit know....

Insurance ticket, is it only a fix-it ticket in California?
I was stopped last Friday and given a ticket for not having insurance. I didn't have it at the time so needless to say I did not have a card to show proof either. I have taken care of it now and ...

Help with car insurance?
I was just wondering if instead of paying me (16) paying a 300 to 400 dollar car insurance payment every month under my name if it is possible for my dad to just put the car under his name and then ...

In Ontario can you be the primary driver of 2 different cars with the cars insured by two different companies?
I am currently listed as the primary driver of our van with one insurance company but I am looking to buy another car for our son to drive and would like to insure it with another company with myself ...

Who is at fault in this accident?
I witnessed a car accident in a parking lot

Car #1 was pulling out of a parking space and then went forward down the asile, towards the exit. It was going to turn left and was slowing down ...

In need of words of wisdom about finance company after wrecking a vehicle...?
I had purchased a 2006 Chrysler 300c about 2 years ago...financed it through GMAC. Well unfortunately the car was severly wrecked Friday night. I am awaiting Geico to look over my vehicle and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links