Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I am trying to sell my car and I have a question about getting the title notarized.?
Find answers to your legal question.

I am trying to sell my car and I have a question about getting the title notarized.?

I am selling my car tomorrow and the buyer says that all I have to do is sign it and he will get it notarized.. does that make sense? He says he needs to get it early before the bank is open so he doesnt have time for the banks to open because he is going out of town... but he says hes done it two other times before where it hasnt been notarized ...please tell me what you think....

just me
IF you live in a state that needs the title notarized, it is the sellers signature that is notarized. I am sure he can find someone that will notarize YOUR signature, but states are cracking down on notaries, and personally, I wouldn't let him do it, it is illegal to notarize someones signature if that person is not present. Basically, who's to say if YOU, the owner actually signed the title over?! That is why states are getting stricter about notarization.
Ultimately it is your decision.

vicki g
It depends on what state you're in. In California, the DMV doesn't require a notarized signature
Make sure you look at his drivers license and write it down, name,phone number and address. Is he paying cash? Don't take a personal check. get a money order or cash.
Make sure you sign a Release of Liability and turn it in to DMV. If he never follows through and never puts your Title in his name, then you could still be liable unless you tell the DMV you've released your liabilitiy.
did you get the car smogged in the last 90 days? That's CA rules.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are you on a low income: What car do you drive that is the best in terms...?
That it staying on the road well-- made well/economical , and you like it and all that good stuff....

European Auto Insurance?
I want to find more details about EU auto insurance. WHich is the best company in this? Which are the price?...

What car insurance to choose? free easy 10 points?
I just want an insurance for 1 month for my car. I just called Halifax up and they said that the minimum period of insurance they do is 2 months so does anyone know of any insurers who do 1 month of ...

Plz guys i really need HELPPPP!! Motor Vehicle Accident?
I had an accident about 3 weeks ago and it was not my fault. I was hit from the rear. Ever since then i have had a sore lower back, left butt cheek and pain shooting straight to my ankle which in ...

Hey my name is ryan. i got a ticket the other for exp reg. So im guessin that means expiration regestration ?
so its expired. So im from New Jersey and been in tx for like 5 months. and I still have my NJ license plates.. Is that what it mean's?

I dont want to change my plates to tx i like J...

If I move to a new state and buy a new car insurance policy, must I report violations in other states?
i had two car accidents - one in arizona in summer 2004 and the other in texas in summer 2005, both of which i was at fault....

Had an accident with a rental car?
Hi, i was driving a rental car and had an accident. I got mild injured.
There was no other car involved, i was driving the rental car and lose control and balance, the whole car roll over and ...

How to get rid of a car without a title in California?
I have a 1990 Honda CRX I bought in September 2007. I'd never bought a car in California before and was unaware of the specifics of the smogging policies, so was surprised when I took the ...

At the age of 18, passing your driving test, when do you get you license:?
Do you have to wait for a certain amount of time, while passing the driving test, to receive your license when your 18.

or-

You receive your license once you pass your test?...

Whats the penalty for expired license plate tabs?
My car is registered in Michigan, but now I live in Colorado. My tabs expire at the end of January, but my car is a lease and Im turning it in at the end of February. I really dont want to pay $100 ...

Can you drive without a license if the vehicle only has a cirtiant amount of horsepower?
i want to get a golf cart to do food runs with (my bike is getting to be annoying)....

Need name of last registerd owner?
i have the car with out title &lost bill of ...

When you get a used car from a dealership, will your insurance have to be full coverage?
Even on a used car or is that only with new cars?...

I got in a wreck today and the guy who hit me is telling all these lies?
he's saying that i said it was my fault.

toooooooooo bad i never even said that, he was the one who kept saying it was my fault and i just ignored him (because i was crying) and the ...

Lost Flordia license how to get it transfer over to NY?
I lost my license cant seem to find it anywhere. I wanted to change my Florida license over to NY and they told me at the dmv that i need something that shoulds my driving record.Is there any online ...

Question about getting a drivers license in another state?
so im almost 18 and im planning to go to a college out of state(california) and ive read that people who have had a license for atleast 3 months in that state would pay a lower tuition for schooling ...

Car deemed a total loss?
so i was in an accident today..

to make a long storty short,,,,

i was at a red light,,, and i was rear ended.

the crazy lady said,,, she hit me,,,because she thought ...

How much will my insurance be affected by a ticket and will my parents have to know i got the ticket?
I am 16 and i just got my first ticket for going 75km in a 50 zone
will my insurance go way up now?
and will my parents have to come with me to pay my ticket or anything like that?
A...

Driving Rules in Ohio?
I was wondering, for people who live in Ohio. If you're over 18 and you're trying to get your driver's license, do you have to go to driving school? Because I heard you don't ...

How much more would insurance be for 16 year old with a V8 mustang as opposed to a 6 cylinder one?
I would be on my parents plan at Allstate. It would be in the years from 1994-200. Also my parents have perfect driving records (and so do I considering I just got my license.)
Additional D...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links