Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I bought a car from someone and can't find the title can i still register it in my name in texas?
Find answers to your legal question.

I bought a car from someone and can't find the title can i still register it in my name in texas?

♫♪♥mï®♥♫♪
Not sure how some states are but, in Alabama u have to have the title itself & bill of sale to register the car (also car must be present for vein inspection). That is if u purchased from and individual, purchased out of state or it has out of state plates. Its not a legal sale without the title b/c u can't register the car without it. The person should have replaced the title before they sold it. They can replace it now... by going to the DMV and get a form to fill out for a replacement title to mail in (with a $15 money order). Not sure about bout' Texas but, this is how Alabama is. Once he has replaced it then he can sign it over to u to put it into ur name. Check with your local DMV and ask the title clerks what process u need to take to get the car into ur name.

Why's the rum gone? ☺☮♥ ツ♫
You can do a "lost title" search. It may cost a little more that way, but that is your best bet. I bought a car from a guy in New York. When he could not find the title we had to do a title search before I could register the car.

caly925
yepp go to the clerks office give the vin number along with the bill of sale and file for a lost title

matthew d
FILE A LOST TITLE FORM AT THE DMV

bobby w
you have to get a copy of the org. then reg. the car

Keely
Rating
I live in Texas as well. I am almost positive that you must have the title. You can ask the seller to get another copy of the title for you. It's a small fee that I am sure you can cover.

damang111
get that title!! it's the only way

Pops
Rating
Nope. Can't register it anywhere. Thats what the title is for....to transfer ownership. No title, no transfer. The one who sold it to you will have to apply for another title and then sign it over to you. I would suggest that you look until you find the signed original title!!! Good luck. Pops

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can I find an owners address from a license plate number in CA?
The license is a california plate- 8C55443. Anyone who can give me the address to that (or can show me how to get it, preferably for free) gets 10 points and my infinite thanks
Additional D...

If i wreck who should i call first, the dealer or my insurance company?
i got a toyota tundra 2006, with a recall in ca....

Jan 23, 2008 I barely hit a parked car in the parking garage where I work and I left a note, well she finally?
called me yesterday with an estimate. Will my and should my insurance pay for it since it has been over 3 months and no police report was filed?...

I broke my cross on accident ....great?
on my necklace that i got yesterday
of course this was accidental.

half my family alreadly thinks im athiest so theres no question that they'll try to connect that with this ...

Is there a grace period for getting your tags?
My tags expire tomorow, if I drive my car to go get them, am I still under some grace period so I don't get in trouble tomorow for that?
I am in Oklahoma
Additional Details
I ...

REAR-ENDED in accident?
on 7Feb07 I was rear-ended by some idiot who was not paying attention. My car was totaled! his TRUCK (F-150) had minor damage, broken headlight and bumper was a little damaged. I had 95 mitsubishi ...

Car road tax,,are we being ripped off.?
with modern techy
can we not,when we take our car out and then return.
declare sorn,then declare when on the road?
same with car insurance.
instead of paying 4 time off road.

What shall i do about the car Insurance? ?
on the 24th of december i had a accident (not serious at all) whilst delievring it was my fault. then i told my insurance company, they said they cannot deal with it as i was delievring at the time ...

My license was suspended three years ago in California. How do I get my license reinstated?
What is needed to be done to get my CA driver license reinstated? How long will it take? If I can't get my license reinstated, can I get a CA identification card?...

When is the DMV less packed? ( California)?
Just curious
: - )...

What is the cheapest car insurance you could find in your opinion?
...I have the feeling Geico is going to come up, I said 'cheapest'...

I need tempory car insurance for a day.?
I am only 18 years old i need insurance for a day or two whilst my car is in the garage and i plan to drive my parents car i cannot find a company who will take me on as i am under 21 any advise ? ...

Geico or All State?
Which is better?...

Car insurance?

Can i disagree with my insurance company and get my car fix if they want to total it?
i believe my car is not totaled. My body shop guy agrees with me too. can i come to an agreement with my insurance to have my car fixed. My car is worth 11,500.00 dallors and the insurance said it ...

I need two take my car off the disabilaty register?

Will a loud music ticket effect my car insurance?
I live in Illinois and I was wondering if a loud music ticket will effect my car insurance? I wasnt driving....

Can i get drivers insurance with a learners permit?

Car insurance question?
I have 2 cars, I drive one of them, and the other one is for my brother, but since my brother just turn 18, so the insurance on his side is very expensive, so if I exclude him on my insurance plan, ...

Neighbors large tree branch fell on my car while it was parked, is she responsible for the damage?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links