Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I bought an ATV without a tittle. Can I get it registered without knowing how to contact the previous owner?
Find answers to your legal question.

I bought an ATV without a tittle. Can I get it registered without knowing how to contact the previous owner?

I know the ATV wasn't stolen before I bought it off of eBay, I checked the VIN, but I want to register it and I don't know how or even if I can.

entidtil
Rating
If there ever was a title issued for it, you screwed up. You may have paid for the ATV but you cannot own it without having the old title to it. It is the sellers responsibility to provide you with a title at the time of the sale and it is the buyers responsibility to make sure he gets a title before forking over a cent for it. Go back to the seller and demand a title. If he cannot provide one, return the ATV and demand your money back

vicki g
At the DMV, there are forms for duplicate title REG 227. I think you can use them for "off road" vehicles...not sure
check out www.dmv.ca.gov
The DMV can look up data on the ATV if you supply them with the VIN#. But they may not give you previous owner info because of privacy laws...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Does Geico make a big deal over bad credit, even though you've had an account with them for two years?
I recently charged my college tuition on my credit card. I owe $1,000 and am paying it off as soon as I can. I have never missed a payment and have always paid more than the minimum. I am hoping to ...

Does your parents need insurance before you get your learner's permit in the state of Florida?
Well, my mother can't afford insurance so we're basically without insurance at this particular moment. I'm looking to get my learner's permit but would I be allowed to get it ...

How do I get a title when I can no longer reach seller?
I bought a car from a private seller (craigslist) the guy gave me the title but it was not signed correctly. It was signed in the boat section by a woman. He explained that to me that his girlfriend ...

Arizona drivers licence status?
where besides dmv.org can i get an online drivers licence status for arizona?
Additional Details
i couldnt get it from dmv.org there was no place to get it on there ...

Dropping off a rental car?
Does anyone know of any rental car company where you can rent a car in the US and drop it off in Canada?...

What are some cheap car insurance companys?
What car insurance companys are cheap... and do they have a web site/phone number so I can get a quote

thanks!...

Does main driver get any problem if added driver got accident?
If added driver got accident and car was ridded off,.....Doesn main driver's insurance get higher than before?????
Additional Details
If added driver got accident and car was ...

Finding which car insurance co. to pay for getting my license back.?
I had my license suspended and I now have the money to get it back. I live in TN and I'm having trouble. I haven't gotten a letter from the insurance co. or any info at all and I can't ...

Help me please!!!i lost my wallet?
hello, my name is Pedro Santiago i am visiting Melbourne Australia, i am American citizen, and i lost my wallet with driving license, my credit cars, my social security card and other personal items, ...

On a Cat-C car if a Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) is done would that bring down the insurance price?
My 18 year old brother has brought a cat C clio 1.2. He didnt know it was cat C and now his insurance is sky high. Is there anything he can do to bring it down?...

I've had a Car accident?
I had an accident in my boyfriends car, I am a named driver on his policy and were fully comp. Noone else was involved, I lost control in the snow and went through a hedge, the car will probably be ...

Know anything about amount of money claims from accidents?
my mum got hit by a car on a zebra crossing by a boy racer who was speeding.
broke her leg in two places, her forearm, her shoulder, her ribs, had to have stitches on her head, loadss of ...

Can i get my moped De-Restricted?
I am 16 in about a month and im looking for a moped to buy brand new.

So i was thinking is it illegal to ge3t the moped de-restricted from the place i get it from???

I know im ...

Does my vehicle registration need to be in my car?
I live in Indiana. I have a current license plate, and the registration is up to date.
Additional Details
I know in Illinois the registration doesn't have to be in the car or on ...

How Much is AAA a month?
What can you get discounts on?
WHat are the discounts?
Is it worth it to have AAA?...

Proof of name change?
How can I prove I had a name change when I was a few months old and I no longer speak to my parents. Where can I find/order the documents for that? I need it to get a passport....

I rear ended a car that came to a dead stop by veering into the back of a parked semi truck. Am I at fault?
A car collided a parked semi truck right in front of me blocking the roadway. The car hit the truck enough for the passenger side front fender to submarine under the back of the truck and immediately ...

Failing New Jersey DRiving knowledge Test?
I failed my knowledge test (to get my permit) and i have told i have to wait till i'm 17 to retake it but 16 years olds can get there permits if they pass. So can i retake it if i join a driving ...

Am I as a British citizen allowed to drive a German registered RHD van?
The Van in Question has been in the country now for more than two years, and has insurance in both country's, has german number plates but the tax disc on the number plate is out of date by 4 ...

Does anyone know what address i send a cancellation letter to express car insurance?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links