Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I can't remember when my MOT is due for my car, how can I find out as I cant find my old MOT certificate?
Find answers to your legal question.

I can't remember when my MOT is due for my car, how can I find out as I cant find my old MOT certificate?

Nutty Girl
Rating
u normally get mot and then tax car when is that due ?

Curious Steve
Rating
DVLA website

if you have your Car Registration Details, you can enter the details and it will tell you

Tim R
Rating
If you have your log book(registration certificate) you can check the details of your mot here :

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/

You'll need the reference number from the vehicle's registration certificate. (The V5C issued by DVLA www.dvla.gov.uk.)

Jason Boots
Rating
curious steve has the answer providing you have the V5 registration form.

realdolby
Your car would be due for an MOT on its 3rd anniversary,you can find this out by looking at the V5 you have.If in doubt then have the vehicle tested beforeusing it again.The onus would be on you if you drive a vehicle on the road without a test certificate.Job done.

Cautious Norm.
How did you pay for it ? Check old statements.

jason c
Most if not all MOT centres are computer linked to the DVLA, my advice would be to contact the DVLA direct and see if they can give you the date.
Ja.

Haza
Rating
You can go to any garage that does MOT's, take your logbook (V5) with you and they'll print you another MOT certificate. They'll charge you £10 for doing this. Alternatively you can go to http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/html/home.html
This should help you find what you need to.

The original Peter G
Look at your registration document. The anniversary of the date of first registration should be the MOT date, unless someone has been careless in the past and let things slip. Or else ask at the last MOT garage

j.pee69
Rating
Check with the garage that last MOT'd it. They should have a record but they may charge for it.

gordy760
If last MOT was a new one, large green paper with barcode. then garage that issued it will have record of it on computer.Failing that poss contact dvla got website with lots of contact details.

matty
Rating
Just get it a MOT before you tax it next. Of course if anything is wrong before, fix it.

L
you just know its going to be in that 'safe' place.
search a bit more for it.

if you can remeber where you had the MOT done, they shoudl have a record of it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If my car is stolen and in an accident, can a claim be made on my insurance?
Can victims of an accident caused by my car claim against my insurance even if the car had been stolen from me?
Additional Details
Just wanted to add that this is a hypothetical ...

If I have an accident in my car that costs less to repair than my excess do I have to pay the full amount?
I had an accident in my car and drove into the back of someone, my insurance excess is £900 but as the damage is minor and the cars are still drivable the repairs won't cost that much will I ...

My doctor wants £150 to fill in my medicall form ( for pcv licence ),is the amount he is asking is right?

What happens if my insurance company is the same as the other driver?
What happens if i have an accident and i want to go forward and the other driver does the same?
Will my insurance company go to court against itself??
Will they advise each driver to accept ...

My boyfriend was in a 4 car accident that started when he rear ended a truck. The truck doesn't have insurance
The truck didnt have insurance so what happens now? We live in Ky which I think hasa no- fault law. But, I don't know where we stand since it wasa chain reaction but the truck had no insurance. C...

I have a driving license but cannot get myself to drive. How do I overcome this?

How many times did it take you to pass your driving test?

Have my full driving test tomorrow do they ask any questions about roadwork signs?
have learnt all the other sign bar the roadwork ones will they come up
Additional Details
sorry from I...

I have a small dent on my car door. Should I call my insurance company and file a claim?

Car Accident?
I was involved in a car accident a coupld of weeks ago. I went into the back of a lady that had to stop quickly due to some children running out into the road. I had just pulled out of a junction so I...

I got speeding ticket in delaware with New Jersey license, do I get points on my NJ license?

If i become knighted, will my car insurance costs be lower?

No claims, yet car insurance premium still rising. Am i paying for?
other folks tidy little' whiplash' payouts ?...

What is the best car insurance for someone who has just passed their test?
For my Y reg Black Ford Focus or just any car in general....

Can you drive a three wheeler car on a provisional license?

Is it legal in England to park a car in the road with no insurance?

Additional Details
I dont know but if someone crashes into you they have no insurance company to go through....

Can a 16 year old get a drivers license from another state then the one they live in?
yess? no?
Additional Details
I live in Texas with one of my parents, but visit my father in another state (Washington) for about 5 months of every year....

My car was rear-ended...insurance questions?
I was hit this afternoon. Stopped at a red light when a bronco rear-ended me and plowed me into the truck in front of me. My 07 Honda Fit is TOTALED (front and back). Everyone is alright and I ...

Is it cheaper insurance for you to be a named driver if your parent owns the car?
Im 17, a boy and i want cheap car insurance, is that a better way to get it?...

Late on renewing my tags-what is the penalty with the dmv?
the most bizzare thing happened today. on my way home from school, i was pulled over for expired tags, when i could have SWORN i got them renewed. i'm still at disbelief that i didn't. but ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 15, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links