Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I got hit and i wasn't there and my car got scracth form it how do i find that person?
Find answers to your legal question.

I got hit and i wasn't there and my car got scracth form it how do i find that person?

i live in california san diego

Zsasha
Rating
Unless there was a witness who saw what happened, it would be impossible to find out who it was. If the damage is very minimal, it's best to just pay out of pocket rather than making a claim thru your insurance.

tractordriver88
Rating
You're screwed. Report it to the cops, but nothing will become of it.

Zadkiel
Rating
You can't. You or your insurance has to pay for it.

origamimark
You mean your car got damaged by someone else's vehicle while parked somewhere ?

Report it to the police and hope they catch someone.

Scott H
Rating
Unless you have a witness and at the very least, the license plate number of the other vehicle, you're out of luck. Your collision coverage will cover the damage to your car.

Gavin..
fbi?? Pretty much impossible. Just get it fixed.

Katie H
I think you're pretty much out of luck. My car was hit in my apartment parking lot, but even still, the most I could do is suspect someone with a maroon car - I could approach them and ask if it was them. The problem is that if they didn't leave a note, they probably wouldn't fess up anyway.
Usually insurance will cover it as hit and run - that is, if the deductable is low enough.

nightroddude
Rating
If there was no note on your windshield, you're pretty much out of luck. It just basically mean, no one saw it happen.

Yahoo board
Rating
Sir,look out for any traffic cameras or nearby surveillance cameras from any buidlings.If you approach the person or building authorities whose camera you think might have recorded that incident you may probably find that person who scratched your car.

or you can also probe some of the neoghborhood shop keepers or somebody whos there always on behalf of their job.

Amanda :D
Rating
I don't think there is anything you can do to find them if they left.

BroadWithInk
Call Grissom

zach c.
Rating
If they took off, than you cannot find them. You just have to hope someone saw them and will tell you soon.

mbrcatz
Rating
Well, you can consult a psychic. It's not likely to work, even though you are in the psychic capital of the US.

Most of the time, that means you have to pay for the scratch yourself. Likely, fixing a scratch is going to be under your deductible.

YES WE DID!!!
If they had no cameras to catch the person your just fresh out...sorry charlie. call your ins company asap tho

topnotch-hvac
Not much if no one saw it just pay your dedutcable and move on hope you have full covrage

UCANTCME
Rating
put a ad in the paper and offer a reward.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Anyone know anything about cars??
Im considering gettin a car..not new...but in good condition..i cant drive yet as i was goin to get a car for my mother to learn me while i have lessons too. Do i need to get insurance for me & ...

Am i liable for an auto accident with a car registered to me, driven by a licensed, insured operator?
if my brother in law who is a licensed, insured motorists is driving my car, gets into an accident am i liable?...

Do you need to make an appointment to take a written test at the DMV?

If i have points on my licence and insurance company dont know, and have a crash will they pay out?

Additional Details
its 5 points for speeding last april. crash was 2 weeks ago and total write off no other drivers involved. slid on black ice and hit a wall....

Does anybody know what I should do with old NYS license plates I found in my garage?
The plates are mine from an old car that I no longer have. It has been gone for about 10 uyears. Should I just throw the plates away, or should I return them to Motor Vehicle? Will I get in trouble ...

How many hours are you allowed to drive a car in a day?
Without a Rest?...

Do I need insurance to learn to drive with my mother?
As above.
Additional Details
I'm in the Uk, I have a provisional licence.
She is fully comp....

He's taking my car! What should I do?
I bought a car with my EX boyfriend and we put both of our names on the registration because I haven't had my license long enough so insurance would be high for me and he wanted to help me out ...

Issues with having no car insurance?
Briefly, a friend had a minor accident which wasn't their fault, they don't have any insurance and were hoping to avoid going through insurance but the other person have contacted their ...

Do you get points on your license if ur caught driving JUST without tax/mot so long as cars legal otherwise?
like if it's insured, in good roadworthy condition, you have the appropiate license to drive at and it's JUST the mot or JUST the tax u aint got on it. I know you get a fine but wondering ...

Does anyone know of any really cheap car insurance companies in the u.k?
Preferably ones that dont want a lot of money up ...

Do u have to have insurance if you are being taught by a parent?
My mum was going to take me out for a practice before i have my first driving lesson tomorrow and have got my provisional and i was wondering if I have to be put on to her insurance in order to drive ...

How can points be legally removed from a driving licence?

Can you drive a car if it has no MOT in the UK?
What if the driver has full 3rd party insurance?Are the passengers covered in an accident? Is the driver covered? What if there is full road tax, insurance and everything else?...

Can you please tell me the web sight on which, by typing the vehicle regestration number I can find the addres
I need the web sight on which I can by typing the vehicle regestration , I can find out on which address the vehicle is regestered....

How old does a car have to be to be eligable for classic car insurance? i have a 1991 celica gti and wondered.

If you have a crash but have no tax is your insurance invalid?

What is the best approach to dealing with a speeding ticket?
I got a speeding ticket last week. It's so angering, b/c I'm always a careful driver and I was only 7 months away from having a crystal-clean perfect driving record, which would have ...

I'm paying out of pocket for hitting someone's car, but they are charging way too much, what can I do?
I don't want my rates to go up, so I'm paying out of pocket for a 2 inch scratch on someone else's rear bumper. It's a 2004 sable and the body shop says they have to paint the ...

Why do some emergency vehicles have the word AMBULANCE written in reversed on the front?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 29, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links