Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I hit a car parked in my driveway?
Find answers to your legal question.

I hit a car parked in my driveway?

hit a car that was parked in the driveway, it was our downstairs people friends car, who fault was it ?

doxidude
Rating
I believe I understand what you are asking... Unfortunately for you, it does not matter whether the car was parked there legally or not...over the line (if there was one)...you hit it = you are fault. The reason being is that you chose to try to park there and misjudged the distance.

If the damage to their car was minor, you might want to pay for it out of your pocket rather than reporting it to your insurance company to pay = helps keep your rates low.

upster45
duh your fault

Scotty
huh i would say they backed into you or something, cmon your young you can lie... but it is your fault

solvent
With/without Driving licence it is still illegal if you hit another vehicle

Jane
If their car was stationary, then it is your fault.

car253
If the other car was parked and you ran into it, the accident is your fault. You do not have the right to run into someone else's car.

Call your insurance and theirs to put in the claim.

Man
Rating
you hit it so its your fault

tinsink5
Rating
your the other car was not moving if you hit it you was not looking

gofigure
Totally your fault!

entidtil
Probably the parked cars fault because it jumped out at your car ? lol
It is your fault, of course. It doesn't matter where the other car was parked. You hit it, it is your fault

Kizzy
Rating
The car was parked, no one in it...your driving, hit the parked car and your actually asking whose fault it was??

I think I've pretty much heard it all now.

frank
What about if you warn police of problem and they do nothing. I also have ten pictures of different vehicles in which clearly show them parking in a portion of my driveway. I shouldn't have to deal with this especially with what we are charged for taxes. Any advice before my wife ends up hitting one these morons.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is this normal for auto insurance?
I have got quote from almost all the comapnies, esurance, geico, state farm, farmers, allstate, and some more . All of them gave me quotes in the upper $2500 for full coverage. The only one were ...

If i let someone drive my car with suspended license, can my insurance company refuse to pay in event of acc.?

Additional Details
thank's for all the responses, i was fairly certain it would be a mistake. i was asking for a friend to let her know that she shouldn't do something that ...

Car accident, my fault, my insurance company not paying for one of the cars involved. what to do?
I was involved in an accident involving 3 cars. It was my fault. I'm fully insured. My car and one of the other cars in the accident are being repaired with my insurance company. The third car ...

Mother got rear ended in a car accident?
Hi my mother got rear ended in a car accident a month ago, and the insurance agent just now got back with us on a settlement. The driver was suspected to be drinking (as notated in the police report)...

Fender bender today need HELP!!!?
Fenderbender today, the other driver was @ fault, I called my Ins. they told me to get a est. so i did $822.Got home tonight and had a message from the mother telling me she wanted 3 est. and wanted ...

Can I be Sued if my brother has a car accident in my car?
Yesterday Morning my brother had horriblele car accident resulting in the death of the other drive and the totaling of both cars. He walked awa totally unharmed, Thank GOD! But now I am am scared. C...

I hit a cab who was making an illegal u-turn. He got the ticket. Should I contact my insurance company or his?
The cab company said they'd contact me. But they haven't and its been a few days already....

I Had a Car Accident Now What?
i had a small car accident on Saturday night which left little scratch on the left front door of her car

she took my details and insurance company name etc and she refused to take money ...

Is it true you can save money on car insurance by switching to geico?

Are there anyways of lowering my car insurance? 19 Yr Old Male.?
Im a 19 year old male and I have my own suzuki swift sport which I have worked hard for for the last few years. The only thing is my insurance is around £3000 a year (brand new car)........ I dont ...

Will I be able to drive...???
a rental car that my brother is getting for the Thanksgiving Holiday, we're going on vacation as a family, but he wants to get his own car so my mom is getting a separate rental car for him, ...

My parked car was hit by a drunk driver which completely ruined it, is there anything I can do?
My vehicle is 10 years old and last night a woman hit it while it was parked outside my house. She hit my front driver side (at the tire) pushing it back 15 feet and up onto the curb, which turned ...

How much did you pay?
When you were taking your driving lessons?I use to pay £2.50...

Do disqualified drivers have to re sit their driving test?
hi mate was banned for 6 monthes got her licence back but someone said she has to resit her driving test is this true dvla havent said anything about it?
Additional Details
yes i agree ...

Who's Car Insurance Would Handle the Accident?
My sister has been driving my mother's car (Loan, registration, insurance in my mother's name) Occasionally she allows her boyfriend to drive the car, although my mother has stated on ...

Am i supposed to add my 15 year old son to my insurance if he is in driver's ed. and practicing in my car?
My son is in driver's education class and he is practicing driving my car. Am i supposed to add him to my insurance? or is it covered since he is enrolled in driver's education?...

Do you text while driving?
I see a lot of people doing this, and I've heard of a lot of accidents because of it around here. I personally gave it up....

What would be the best convertible car for a 17yo (UK)?
What would be the best convertible car for a 17yo (UK)?
Hey,
Im turning 17 in a few months, ive been working for my dads company for quite a while and hes treating me to a company car, (ie ...

I have a drving question? if u take drivers ed in skool do u get ur liscencs wen ur 16, adn can u drive then?

How hard is it to pass your road test to get your license?
im pretty good at driving and i plan on going to get my lisence in a couple of days i was just wondering how hard it is to pass and what kind of stuff there gonna make me do? also what are some ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links