Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I just bought a car? it doesnt have any plates , how can i bring it home?
Find answers to your legal question.

I just bought a car? it doesnt have any plates , how can i bring it home?

i live in NY. i saw many answers that say it varies state by state.
in Michigan they said you have the right to drive 7 days from the point of sale to your home. can you do that in new york?

i bought a car today , the dmv is closed till Monday.

i wanna bring the car home from the place that the private owner had it.
what can i do legally, and what can i do not so legally to bring it home today.

thx

vicki g
Rating
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/
for the ny dmv.

chrisbyrd25
Rating
You can have insurance on the vehicle before you get your plates. Just drive it home if you get stopped show your proof of insurance.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Am done taking drivers ed classes i just need 2 c if am ligible to take my test?

Louisiana Auto Insurance?
Okay, I'm about ot turn 16 and get my license. Am I allowed to drive if I'm under my dad's policy, or do I have to have my own?
Additional Details
I'm not asking what ...

Insurance for deceased mother's car?
My mother passed away in January in New Jersey. Car is titled, registered and insured in only her name. Me and my siblings want to sell the car and hope to do within a few weeks. I am the executor ...

I was in a car accident with no insurance can I get justice?
I was invovled in a accident in California which I wasn't at fault but I don't have any insurance on the car yet because I just purchased it that day. Is there a way that his insurance ...

If you have your provisional license can you drive out of state?!?!?
my friend is getting her provisional license cause she is 17 and we want to go on a road trip out of state is this legal?!...

What happens if you are pulled over or get in an accident driving a rental car at age 19?
I know you have to be either 21 or 25 to rent a car but what are the consequences to being in an accident or pulled over being 19?...

I am 16, Can i Drive my Friends around?
I am 16, just passed my drivers test on march 3rd of 2009. And i live in California. I was wondering, can i drive my friends or my family to school or to the mall or something. BTW all my friends are ...

I sold my car to junk yard 6 months ago & sec of state still wants me to pay for license renewal?
My birthday is coming up and the secretary of state sent me a letter and they want me to pay for a car I don't even own. No, I didn't keep a copy of the bill of sale but I still do have a ...

Can Auto Insurance Companies suspend drivers licenses?
Does anyone know for sure if an Auto Insurance Company has the right to suspend drivers licenses at any time or can the BMV only do that?

We paid the required 20% down in car accident to ...

If my car fails the MOT, can i still drive it home?
if my car fails the MOT, can i still drive it home?...

Dmv question for a getting ID?
okay i live in south carolina
can you bring a letter than someone like your family member mailed to you ?
also what are a list of things i can bring?
i don't have a utility bill ...

Cheapest Car Insurance?
I want to renew my car insurance policy due in 2 weeks. I am currently paying 646$ for 6 months with Travellers NJ (just liability coverage). Do you think I can get a cheaper rate than that?. I just ...

Somebody else renewed our car registration!!! What should we do?
When we went to the DMV yesterday, the person said that somebody else (in a different town) had mistakenly renewed our registration number. We only have a couple of days before our registration ...

Valuation for a rare car?
My car was involved in an accident, hit by another driver while it was parked. The other driver has comprehensive insurance but I don't.

My car is a year and model that was never ...

How to make a contract on a vehicle?
I am about to buy a new car and my boyfriend is the co signer. they have the loan set up as his name or mine. Is there anywhere online that I can get a form for him to sign, agreeing that this car is ...

What can I expect for a behind the wheel test at the Vallejo, CA DMV?
I took my test there last week and didn't pass because of a tricky intersection regarding a railroad right before an intersection. While in hindsight it was a dumb maneuver, i'm too nervous ...

Do I need an insurance to get a temporary license plate at DMV?
I reside in South Carolina. The car was bought by owner....

Uninsured motorist fee for minor?
i know a minor cant have insurance in their name, but can a minor pay the uninsured motorist fee? i live in VA if that matters......

Can i find a owner of a vehicle using the license plate number?

How much would it cost ?
to travel from stoke-on-trent to bordeaux (south of france)...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links