Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I just rear ended another car. We were pulling into under ground parking, he stopped midway down the ramp...?
Find answers to your legal question.

I just rear ended another car. We were pulling into under ground parking, he stopped midway down the ramp...?

I saw he stop and hit my brakes, we were going down a hill and my car slid and hit his. It wasn't hard and there was not visible damage to either of our cars. Am I still 100% at fault?

Ghayel Sher
Yes, you are. You should have followed 2 seconds rule. More so, never trust cars with ABS on them.

itsthewill
Rating
yep

halfzeimer
Failure to maintain a safe distance. Sorry my friend, it's all on you.

Justin
yes

honeykbee
Yes, you are. As far as insurance is concerned. Sorry.

Elizabeth
Rating
Yes, you are- but if there is no damage does it even matter?

Kathy, Kat
Rating
According to the law you are! Sorry to hear about the accident. Hopefully the other person is decent about it.

Nikolas M
Unfortunately you are but hopefully the guy is honest and won't try to cash in on it if there is no visible damage.

Theresa J
Rating
Unfortunately - yes - you were following to close.

Martin S
Rating
100%. It is your job to stay in control of your vehicle at all times.

frank
Rating
you are at fault. let your insurance company know asap

SweetPea
Rating
When you hit someone from the rear, it's always your fault.

4real
It stinks but yes you are. I had the same thing happen to me. The car was pulling out onto the highway and just stops! Lucky you are OK.

Bergermania
Rating
Most state vehicle laws require drivers to follow at a safe distance and be able to stop for vehicles in front of them. If the driver can’t stop, it is generally assumed that he or she is at fault for causing the accident. However, this doesn’t mean that the rear-ended driver is always fault-free. Drivers whose brake or signal lights are out or those that don’t use signals or make extremely sudden turns or stops (i.e. driving recklessly or negligently) may be partially to blame.

So basically unless the person in front of you had break lights that were out or slammed his breaks so hard you couldn't stop in time then your at fault. Sorry... : (

Steve
Rating
yes and i am sorry.

Luna & Lawnboy
Rating
Yes - you stated you SAW him stop which means you knew he was there. You were following too closely. Sorry, you are 100% at fault for this loss.

louis r
Rating
yes,but if no one makes a complaint and there was no visible damage it doesnt matter.

Britney
Yes unfortunately you are. Gotta learn to be more cautious buddy. You should never trust other drivers.

LEONDRA R
yes because they are going to still say you were following to close. MOST of the time the person behind will always be at fault.

Brandon Stewart
Rating
The only saving grace you may have, cause rear-ending is always the fault of the rear car, is if the parking lot has no-fault coverage, so you will want to check into that...

Kiowacanrun
Not 100% but mostly. Sorry

Galen B
yes
be more careful. It could have been a mother walking her baby

lrclcrash
yeah but your insurance company might help you on this.. jus play it cool with em

1. Gross Account!
not sure

LS
Rating
well not yeah, but you were on a hill, i suppose that didn't do alot to help stop you....

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If my name is on my car's insurance, but my friend drove, and I was in the passenger's seat. Is that illegal?
my parents seem to think that this is illegal, but I'm pretty sure it's ok. ESPECIALLY if I'm still in the car....

If i have a car in my parents name and on their insurance and I cause an accident can they get sued?
I live in M...

Car Crash, Whos liable?
I was driving on a small roundabout today wanting to take my 3rd exit, i was in the correct lane and was indicating right, my way was clear and i set off, a guy pulled out on the second exit and i ...

Can I change my mind and return a new car?
Another dealership offered a better deal!Can I return the car and go for the one with the better deal?...

I got in car accident and i finally got a check from the insurance to fix my car...but what do i do now?..?
can i take my car anywhere to get fix....and if dont like the work on my car can i get a different shop???...

My totalled car is in my parent's name, who should get the insurance money to replace it?
my car was totalled, by fault of the other driver. i had made all the payments on the car but becuz i have bad credit my dad put the loan in his name, n my mom was paying the insurance for me, but ...

Would changing my address clear the points off my license?
instead of paying to get my points taken off my license if i changed my address would they still be on my license when i get it ...

Do I have to insure my 19 year old son, if he doesn't drive my wife's vehicle or my own?

Smoking at the wheel,gov ROBBING THE MOTORIST AGAIN?
what will be nxt. NO radio. NO children unless GAGGED,just another way to hit us in the pocket with fines.
and the law abiding motorist
will bend over and take it again and again just to ...

What will happen If you are under the age of 18 and accumulate six points on your license within twelve months

Do particular colours of car tend to have more accidents?
and if so, is this taken into consideration by the insurers ? I have heard that red cars may have more crashes but my friend says its silver. Wouldbn't this be affected by the fact that there ...

Do you think all vehicles that use the road should be Road registered and insured?
All vehicles including, Bicycles and mobility scooters.
Should all have a registration number and insurance. (Except tax as they are self propelled or electric)

Bicycles do cause ...

If someone is driving a car, does the car have to be insured or the driver?
and what would happen if the person got pulled over and showed both the registration and insurance under a different name?
Additional Details
to add more detail:
If the car is ...

What age do u have 2 drive?

My parents won't let me take driver's training?
I am the only person in my grade who still hasn't taken driver's training. Many people my age already have their licenses and cars. Literally every single day I hear people I know talking ...

Should it be harder to get a driving license in UK?
How can it be that you can get the license but never been driving on a motorway. It might be time for the goverment to rethink the driving exame. And start to learn to use the inner lane. I pull my ...

I am 18 can i get my drivers License in the state of ga?
I am 18 can i get my drivers License in the state of ga with out get my learnes 1st?...

Who had the very first personalized license plate? What did it say?
What's the best personalized license plate you've ever seen? Would you ever consider getting one? How much does a personalized license plate cost? Please include links....

Can you drive a car at the age of 16 legally?

Replacing lost vehicle keys?
My hubby has lost the key 2 his van, there isnt a spare and the handbook can't be found. So, not only can he not get into the van he can't move it or get a new key cut. A locksmith is no ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links