Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I made a mistake on the back of my vehicle title when selling it. Do I need a whole new title?
Find answers to your legal question.

I made a mistake on the back of my vehicle title when selling it. Do I need a whole new title?

I filled out the seller section and the buyer filled out the buyer section. At the last minute the buyer decided against buying the car. I now have a new buyer. Can I cross out the info and put new info or am I going to have to get a duplicate title? Help I need to sell this car. I am in Wisconsin if that matters. thanks

MSAD
Rating
Most likely you will have to get a new title.

cross outs/white out- voids the title.

Only car dealers can have multiple sales on the back of a title.

So you can't just use the next block on the title.

Talk to your dmv - sometimes they have a form you can fill out rather than get a new title. But it all depends on how the dmv in your state does things.

Sam J
yes

manny
Rating
Yes it's o k

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If someone wants to transfer a car owned by 2 people to add one person into the title @ the ca dmv?
how do you think they can do this with regards to what all 3 of the people might possibly need to bring to the DMV as far as paper work and documents goes? Again, this is a bit confusion so what this ...

Is it too late to go to the police?
ok so my car was hit in the school parking lot in november by a guy that i know.At the time he said he would pay for it but now that ive gotten an estimate and its like $600 he says he wont pay for ...

Which insurance policy I am covered under ? the broker's one or the insurance's one ?
Here is my case: I have a Scooter 's insurance with a large known insurance company A, but I got the insurance through an insurance broker B.
Now the insurance A says that my "broker&#...

Permit validation number?

Insurance for my teenage son?
my son has just gotten his insurance, and he is 17. I wanted to know if he needs to be on the insurance if he does not own a car. all the cars are under my name and my wifes, and he only drives if ...

Have Provisional Driving License // Insurance & Cars....?
I have a provisional license and need to know what Insurance Company Is the cheapest and with what car. I will be getting a car soon and I looked at VW Polo, and Golf but am not very sure. I need a ...

A whole bunch of questions about the G1 license?
I'm going to be sixteen in March and I'm wondering how and when can I apply for the G1 license?
Also, what can you do with a G1?
Do you need to take a course?
How long do ...

Two rear collisions on two succesive nights?
I live in NJ and I have NJM full coverage on my 04 Infinity G35x. I have been driving for almost 5 years and never got any tickets or involved into any accidents; a clean record. A lady backed up ...

:irc-3.test.com 451 GET :You have not registered :irc-3.test.com 451 Accept: :You have not registered :irc-3.t?
:irc-3.test.com 451 GET :You have not registered :irc-3.test.com 451 Accept: :You have not registered :irc-3.test.com 451 Accept-Language: :You have not registered :irc-3.test.com 451 UA-CPU: :You ...

My Car Service/MOT cost £600,have they overcharged me?!?
I had to pay over 600pounds for my car service(from which MOT was 50.00), i just wana know if i've been skanked, i live in west yorkshire, the following fix was carried out:
1.Engine Oil - 1...

How do I get affordable car insurance without my dad's involvement?
They say that first-time drivers get expensive rates for car insurance and that it can become affordable with a parent signing the application with his/her driver's license. Now my parents don�...

Where can we get car insurance for only one week?
Where can we get car insurance for one week? I'm 18, and i want to drive during spring break....

Going to register my new used car 2mrw at the dmv and im wondering......?
if they are going to give me the license plate i need for it than and there (doesnt have one got car at auction) or are they going to send it out to me..fyi i live in ...

Best auto for your money?

How can I get reasonable car insurance for my 19 year old daughter, doesn't own a car but needs to drive mine?
She has moved back in with us and needs to use our car on occasion, any suggestions? My company is outragious for her but reasonable for us. So we can't put her back on ours. She has an ...

Transfering a car without a title?
I need to transfer my friends car into my name and get it legal, because he has lost his lisence. It was registered in PA as of last year, but has since ran out and now we are living in Maine. He is ...

In the state of Texas can You drive your personal automobile without a front license plate?

Car accident; shoul I be worried?
Need help; have a Company car; this accident looks like my fault and had 2 other accidents not my fault, can my company fire me? Low impact, no damage to our car, just the other car....

How much is it for this auto insurance?
2005-2007 ford mustang (dunno which year yet)
V6
16 years old
Minnesota, Burnsville

When adding another person to your car insurance?
I just want to know how much more i would have to pay?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 18, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links