Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

I wrecked my car, I have full cover insurance. Will I get any money?
Find answers to your legal question.

I wrecked my car, I have full cover insurance. Will I get any money?

I wrecked my car! I swerved to miss a cat and I hit a tree on my home from school. If I have full coverage insurance...will I get money back? I need to buy another car for transportation...and Im new to all of this...will i be getting money back since I had full coverage or will my full coverage just pay for the towing fee and what not? HELP! :(
Additional Details
my car is GONE! TOTALED! Its not fixable.

Fred H
You should be covered for the amount of insurance you purchased. Your agent probably asked what you paid for the car and you should receive 'replacement value.'

sadiesue
Rating
Your insurance will pay to have the car fixed.

Andy M
I happend to work for a couple different tow companies and know for a fact with full coverage will in fact give you money if the car was paid for if the car was not paid for they will pay the car lot for the car and what is left over will come to you and you can either buy the car back or put a down payment on another car.

*~*~DANI BEAR~*~*
Rating
if you have full coverage, they will give you the book value of your car..
So say your car cost $500... They will give you $500, and take your old car..
I'm assuming you totaled it?
Cuz if you just wrecked it and its fixable, they will pay a shop of your choice to fix it..
And in that case you won't get any pocket money..
Yes they will pay for the tow.

liz
if your vehicle WAS totaled then you will get the value of vehicle minus your deductible. if it is not totaled then your insurance carrier will pay for the damages to get your vehicle fixed.

joearnold00
Rating
Your insurance will cover whatever needs to be done. If your car isn't totalled then they will cover fixing it. If it's totalled, then they will repay you the value of the vehicle. But they may also raise your insurance premiums cause you are filing a claim.

Jena7th
Recently someone hit me on the freeway and totaled my car. They did not have insurance, a license, and weren't even a citizen! I had full coverage insurance since I was still financing my car. My insurance, paid off my car, and gave me an additional $5000.00

It should work the same way with you, but remember they dont wanna have to shoot out a lot of money, so you have to be tough w/ them!

kenhebe20
Rating
If your car is not a total, then your insurance company will pay the shop for the repairs minus your deductible. If you have rental car coverage on your policy, then they will pay for a rental car while your car is being repaired.

If your car is a total, then your insurance company will pay you the average retail value of your vehicle minus your deductible. If you owe less on your car than what the check is for then you will make a few dollars. If you owe more on your car than what it is worth, then you will still have to pay the finance company off until the car is paid in full.

There is nothing to be tough about when it comes to this. Most insurance companies go by www.nadaguides.com Look up the average retail value of your car and expect something close to that amount unless you have bad pre-existing conditions.

For example, let's say the average retail value of your car is $10,000, but it is covered in hail damage. The insurance company will write an estimate for what it would have cost to fix the hail damage and deduct that from the value of the vehicle. Same thing goes for any other damage on your car.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the cheapest 1st car to insure?
I am 17 and looking to buy my first car in the near future. And I was wondering what is the cheapest (half decent!) first car to insure?...

My Boyfriend gave me his car. i need to know how to transfer it to my name?
What documents do i need to take to the tag agency.. i have my license plate from my old car. so do i just need to tranfer the info?? do u know how much that cost?and how abou the insurance. how does ...

Who pays up when a drunken driver kills someone in a traffic accident?
As I understand it your Car Insurance becomes null when you drive under the influence of alcohol.
Who would pay the damages to the victim's family?
These are usually high amounts but ...

A man that believed I cut him off, cut me off at a stop sign, in a school zone, forced my car to the side of?
the road, until I heard my car start to crunch beneath his truck. He then exited his vehicle, approached my car, and since it was July, and early evening, I scrambled to roll up my window, as I am 10...

What is the car rental company that you can request what kind of car you want?

How much will car insurance be?uk?
i am 16 andd saving for a car for when im 17. I hope to spend about £900 on the car. Can anyone tell me an aprox amount pleease :)...

Car insurance for 17 year olds in the UK?
How could i get a cheap car insurance and what would be the cheapest price? every site i have been on it said about £3000 and that would be more then what the actual car costs.
Additional D...

A friend of my friend hit my car she said that she was going to pay so we didnt file a report?
She hit my car said that she was going to pay so we didnt file a police report. Now she wont pay. I want to take it to court but I dont know if I will have any chances of winning because we didnt ...

Why does bad credit affect my auto insurance when i have a clean mvr?
so i have a bad credit score. but i have a clean mvr and pay my insurance on time so why are my rates credit has nothing to do with the way i drive?...

My 2 yr old son was hit by a car at a acura car dealership, whos fault is this? can i sue for medical cost?
i live in oklahoma,My 2 yr old son was hit by a car at a acura car dealership, whos fault is this? can i sue for medical cost?
my son and i were looking at cars at a acura dealership as we ...

Does my son need car insurance?
He is 16 and learning to drive. Since he is underage, does he not need it, or do I put him on mine? He wants his own insurance policy since he earns a lot at his job. What do most parents do for 16 ...

What date does the new 07 registration come out?

Do your speeding tickets affect how much you pay in insurance?

Additional Details
I have four in the last 2 years....

Can a repo guy go in my drive-way with out asking you and take your car?

Can I cash and keep the money from an auto insurance co. made out to me and the lien holder?
I have damage to my car, but it's not totalled, just needs a replacement cover for above the wheel. The claims check is written out to me and the lien holder which is a bank. Am I able to keep ...

Can you give me advice on what to tell my Insurance agent about my accident?
I was in a collision - I was making a left turn ( almost completed) and a guy in a work truck hit me.

I have a police report- and I'm sure my agent already has that so- what does ...

I have a full UK driving license, so can I use that to drive a car in the USA?
I'm going over for a year to work and will have to buy a car, so need to know whether i'd need to take any tests in order to drive there?
Additional Details
@Raymo - you don...

What do you do when somebody crashes your car?
My friend was driving my car and rear ended someone when I was in the passenger seat. It wasn't really his fault, I might have not been able to stop in time either but should I make him help me ...

I have a question, this lady hit my parked car last night.......................
& when she realized what happened she got out of her car & shrugged her shoulders as if she was confused. i took her info down & she said "my boyfriend works at a dealer ship & ...

Car accident -Car is "totaled" by Ins. Co. Now what?
We have a heavily damaged 2006 Prius, that is 8 weeks old. We were hit from behind by an Insured motoist and the damages by the adjuster are estimated at $17,500. The word from the body shop is that ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links