Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

If i hit a car in front of me at a stop because a car behind me hits me who is liable for it?
Find answers to your legal question.

If i hit a car in front of me at a stop because a car behind me hits me who is liable for it?

uncle cyril
Rating
If you had maitained 5 feet distance with the car before you and then due to impact from behind your car has hit the front car you are not at fault. The total blame goes on the third car which hit your car and the impact hit the first car. Generally if the distance is maintained there will be less chances of three cars getting into accident. It so happens that we drive very close to each other and suddenly due to sudden discision taken by the front car to stop give no time for third car to realise that the first car has stopped so he should jam brake. In the confusion he hit the 2nd. car. And we all pounce on him.

???????
car who hit u, right. u were at a stop, so it wasnt ur fault, it was the car behind u.

Norman O
If you were at a full stop, the car that hit you is totally at fault. MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOU GET A POLICE REPORT AT THE SCENE.

pirettiron
Rating
the car that hit you in the rear

Luna & Lawnboy
Rating
If you were stopped, and pushed into the vehicle in front of you because you were rear ended, the person in back of you will be liable for all of the damage to both vehicles. However, if the person in front of you claims they felt two impacts both you and the person in back of you will likely be found equally negligent. Both liability policies will pay their proportionate share.

Report the claim, and let the insurance adjuster assess/determine liability. If there is more damage to the front of your vehicle than the rear, it will likely be determined you rear ended the vehicle in front of you first.

Ace
The driver that hit you is liable for the damage to your car. You are liable for the driver you hit.

Anand
If you were at a stop and can prove that the impact by you getting hit from the back, caused you to hit the car in front, then you should be okay. But this can be difficult, unless there is a police report stating such.
Commonly, if you hit someone in front of you you are always at fault.

focus
The front car drivers insurance will claim off your insurance. Then your insurance will claim all the damage off the driver who hit you whose insurance will pay for the lot.
Word of advice. if you are every in an accident where the other driver may try to blame you then always hold your neck and say you have been injured. The police HAVE to attend an accident where someone has been injured and they will check every-ones details etc. So the other driver can't get out of it.

entidtil
You are

The Positronic Pimp
Rating
Word of advice: Your Insurance Company will always try to weasel their way out of paying you. Always.

John K
plain and simple-

the car behind you is liable for damage to the rear of your car

you are responsible to the damage to the rear of the car in front of you

leave more space between bumpers next time

anvmcc
I was hit from the bcak and hit the car in front of me we both seen each other stopping but the guy in the back of me said he did not see no one stopping and he ran into me my car was on the top of his car, he pushed me into the other car causing me to hit her. what can i do? oh we both got a ticket for following to close but i was not to close .

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I cant find my DRIVING LICENSE?
what do i do now? will i have to pay for a new one?...

My car is total i don't have gap insurance how can i get the other insurance to pay for my balance that i owe
my car was in a hit and run the car that hit my car total out my car i did not have gap insurance , i need to see how can the other insurance company pay off the remaing ...

Why is insurance higher on sports cars?
I pay high insurance on my camero.But some of these non-sport cars seem to drive faster than me.
But I do drive the speed limits.Do you think its fair I pay higher?...

What is the purpose of your S.S# to get a auto. Ins. quote?
Why do you have to give your S.S.# AND D.L.# to get an auto Ins. quote? Why both?...

I have lost my log book and need to apply for another. How do i go about this?

I am going to be getting my first car soon, i am a new driver.?
what car can i get to allow me the lowest insurance??...

Settlement for car accident??????
I just wanted to ask what is the right amount of a settlement for a car accident I was involved in recently. I was hit from the back. My car damages were 9100. I had broken ribs, muscle spasm and I...

How do i get my first drivers license when im 18?
alright, i will be 18m in 5 months. I have my permit but it expires on the 23rd of August and I have already re-newed it once. So how do i go about getting my drivers licence when im 18? will i need ...

My car in accident, Dealership Mgr driving & me a passenger. Who should pay for the damage.. my insurance ?
My new car (2 months old) was taken to dealership to investigate a problem covered under manufacturer warranty. Since the dealership svc dept could not reproduce the problem, I went for a test drive ...

Driving without insurance-the penalty?
Someone drove into my partners car last night and they didn't have insurance. My husband is fine but we were wondering what the law is regarding punishment if people have no insurance? (in ...

I got into car accident like 2 months ago, their insurance said not going to compensate?
I had gotten into a 3-way car accident around 2 months ago, I was in the front, a car rear-ended a van behind me, and the van rear-ended me as a result.
There were minor damages to the car, and ...

Speeding Tickets?
I let my friend drive my car while I was in it. He was going 5 over the speed limit and got a speeding ticket. If he doesn't pay the fine for it or go to court will they come after me or do ...

My wife was in an car accident, what are her options when it comes to insurance?
OK... about 3 weeks ago, my wife was rear ended and pushed into another car in a car accident. She has now a pretty serious case of whiplash... and a totaled out car.

The driver of the car ...

My son went to college and does not have a car, insurance want him to surrender his license, is this legal?
The insurance company wants my son to surrender his license or change his address,he has no car....

Our cars back up into each other in the parking lot of grocery store. Whose fault ? 50-50 or no fault.?
I have old Nissan 240 Sx, she has honda SUV very new( don't know what-type very big one). We hit back to back . Her right bumper fold in and my right bumper has some fold and scratch. Her is ...

Sold my gsxr for $3000, but only put $200 on title, if in court which would override, title or bill of sale?
I sold my sportsbike for $3000 and put $200 on the bill of sale to reduce registration taxes. The guy wants his money back and said he was going to take me to court. Which would override, the bill of ...

What is cheaper, car insurance or motorcycle insurance?

I'm devastated that I failed my 2nd driving test? ...?
I'm so upset, after my good lessons leading upto it. I'm not giving up. I do want to hear others advice.

I got very nervous, despite trying to be calm. 16minors/2 serious errors!<...

What company gives the cheapest car insurance.?
What company offers the cheapest insurance they all claim to but I want to know for real? All I want is bare state required minimum insurgence. So what company can offer me the cheapest rate. I ...

How do i tax my car in the post office?
i have passed my test this morning! (yay). I have a car with no tax, insurance or MOT. I know how to insure the car and MOT it, but what do i need to take to the post office to tax it? I dont want to ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links