Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

If my car stop in the middle of the road and another car rear end the car. Do should i pay are them?
Find answers to your legal question.

If my car stop in the middle of the road and another car rear end the car. Do should i pay are them?

I had my 4 way flasher on. I wasn't in the car when it happen.

smcgilli
no

rohak1212
Rating
Both of you.

After all, you were both stupid. You for leaving your car in the middle of the road, and them for not watching where they were going. And the busier the road, the more it becomes your fault for stopping there.

I've never been able to understand that kind of thing, just because you have your flashers on you think it's okay to impede traffic and block a road?

abitawm
The other party is MOST LIKELY at fault. If you could have been reasonably seen and you had the flashers on then they would be responsible for causing the accident. The other person will be at fault in most all cases but their are some exceptions.
If you abandoned the car right after the top of a hill or around a turn and you could not be seen but you had the option and were able to go a little farther up and gotten our of the road you may be negligent to some degree.

Cher
Rating
had this same thing happen to a friend...car stopped, moved over as far as the car would roll but not off the road. Turned on flashers. 3 girls rear ended the car and ended up in the hospital. Sued.

my friend won.

unfortunately people tend to be mesmerized by the flashing lights and will actually veer towards them. they also fail to judge how fast they are approaching the disabled vehicle.

common sense says, if you are driving and you hit it, you are responsible. They pay.

fighting saints
There are a couple of very important issues to be considered in order to determine who is at-fault for this accident.

1. Was it daylight? If it was night did you have other lights on the car other than the flashers?

2. What was the time frame between when the car was left in the road and when it was hit? If you had time to get out of the car and then the car was hit 45 seconds or more later, than the other guy should be found to be at-fault. The other driver has a duty to be aware of any hazards or obstacles in their path and react accordingly.

infoman89032
Rating
it dont matter where the car was or if anyone was in it if they ran into the back of it they are at fault dont pay them any thingf they should be paying you

?
Could you re -word your question please? I have no clue as to what you are asking.

bostonianinmo
In most cases the car that struck you would be at fault and would have to foot the bill. However there are exceptions to everything. For example, if you were on the travelled section of a high-speed highway and failed to take reasonable action to move the vehicle to the shoulder you MIGHT be held responsible for any resulting accident even if your flashers were in use.

I also know of at least one case locally where a drunk driver thought better of his condition and stopped his car in the middle of the road and parked it with the flashers on. It was struck a few minutes later by another drunk driver. The drunken "parker" was ruled 50% at fault for parking his car in the middle of the road. (He did dodge the bullet on DUI charges as the state could not prove that he was drunk when he parked the car there.)

Rosie
Rating
The other vehicle was clearly driving without due care because they hit a vehicle that was indicating it was in distress. They were at fault, not you.

kelly h
Rating
no, that isnt your fault, if you were on the right side of the road, then the car had ample time to see you were stopped, they probally had their head up their *** talking on a cell phone...but you are not at fault especially not if you had your hazard lights on...

Nigel M
If the police do not issue you a ticket - you are probably not liable - and if you can get the police to issue the other party a ticket - they are liable for damage to your vehicle too.

MotherNature
Rating
they are at fault - not you! dummies need to be a responsibly driver and watch where they are going at all times.

MSAD
You better have a good reason to leave your vehicle in the flow of traffic - IE the rear differential locked up and the tires will not turn so it was not possible for the car to be moved. A flat tire is not a good enough reason to leave the car in the roadway.

It also depends on how long the car was there.

Unless you had a very compelling reason to leave your car in the middle of the road - you are going to be paying for the other cars damage.

DEERnHeadlights
when you decide you desparately need another 40 for gods sake find a parking lot before bolting from your pimpmobile!

mbrcatz
They rearended you. They're at fault, not you. Your agent should be telling you that, also.

Tinaa<3
WHAT?!

Andrew
well, technically its not your fault.
since you had your flashers on.
if thats the truth.
they should be paying you for the damages.

UCANTCME
Rating
IT WOULD DEPEND ON WHAT THE POLICE OFFICER STATED ON HIS REPORT.

YOU WERE ON THE ROAD AND YOU HAD YOU FLASHERS ON BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOUR VEHICLE WAS ILLEGAL.

ALSO THE OTHER DRIVER SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOU VEHICLE WITH THE FLASHER ON AND MAYBE THEY WERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION.

I WOULD SAY THAT THIS COULD TURN OUT TO BE A 50/50 INSURANCE CLAIM, MEANING YOU PAY FOR YOUR DAMAGES AND THEY PAY FOR THEIRS.

GOOD LUCK

The Game
Rating
what!?

isnt it your fault for stopping in the middle of the road.Plus you can get injured real bad if it is on the freeway. =

ღ♥Vιcтσяια♥∂αgαℓ♥ღ
No they don't need anyhitng just ring NRMA or an motor-inn company!

Kimber
"Do should i pay are them"?

Wow.

Ok, legally speaking, whoever hit the car from behind is at fault. So no, you shouldn't have to pay anything.

Spoken_Truth
Rating
huh

mogahead79
Rating
INSURANCE PAYS

YOU WAS A OBSTACLE AND ITS YOUR DUTY TO CLEAR IT
AS WELL AS THEIRS TO AVOID IT

jorda76
Rating
idk

hlysnan
There are a lot imbiciles driving faster than the speed limit, and if they hit you all of a sudden your are both stupid, but the stupid ass holes is the one rear ending you, so, you should not stop in the middle of the road unless it is an emergency. It may be because you still lack the skills or expertise and quick thinking that you may cause an accident, but the stupid imbicile is the one rear ending the inexperience driver stopping in the middle of the road.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is a good personalized license plate idea for a jetta?
I wanted "gotajet" or "jetout" but of course those are taken... any other good ones?
Additional Details
I like plates Also I had some on my last car that was about me ...

Lent My Car?
Hi.. If I lend my car to someone, who has a valid drivers licence, but no Insurance.. if the person does have an accident.. will I be liable for it?...

Where can I take my 14 year old driving?
I need to know a place where we would not get caught or in trouble.
Thanks....

Where do you find a VIN number on your car?
I'm trying to get a copy of my title and the form asks for the VIN # . Please help me....

Hit and Run Accident; I ran?
I feel absolutely horrible about this: I recently got involved in a hit and run accident where I was the one that ran.

I stopped to exit out of a grocery store when somebody behind me was ...

If my tax disc runs out today am istill legal till the post office opens?

How can i avoid paying for car insurance?
any restrictions if I register car abroad?Leasing?...

How do i avoid disqualification of my uk driving license.
I currently have 12 points on my license (still legal) and was stopped the other day for doing 91mph in a 70mph limit. this will result in 3 more points and a diqualification of my license. I am ...

Why is automatic car insurance more than a manual car insurance?

Does having points on your liscence affect your insurance?
i am currently 20 years old, and have fully comp insurance costing around a grand... i am turning 21 soon but in the next few days am expecting to have 6 points on my liscense,, any opinions of how ...

Experienced Driver Out there Please Help!!!!?
Hi there,
I recently insured my car and it's my first month of driving my car but I have no idea at all where we can park and where we can't as we never really learned this in driving ...

What do they call a person who drives off without paying for petrol?

Who is in the right/wrong?
The car in front of me braked suddenly, I braked suddenly and then heard a crunch at the back of my car.

The only car that got hit was mine.

This happened with UK registered ...

How should I go about getting a learners permit?
I am 15 and in my sophomore year of high school. My parents were raised in a diffrent state and they never got permits because once they were 16 they could just get their license so they cant help me ...

How long does a 16 year old need to wait to get a license after getting a permit?

Additional Details
I live in California....

When do you have to change license plates after moving to another state?
i have already had my inspection done before i moved, can i wait until everything expires or do i have to change the state plates right away?...

How many times did you take your driving test before you passed?
i have just taken my 3rd test today and failed. but on every test i leave eith 5 faults. i just mess up on little things.... i have already bought a car, so i cant give up, but its very frustrating!...

What was the first vehicle to be airborne?

Crashed My dad's car-Please please please help me?
I just crashed my fathers porsche when i was leaving the driveway i smashed it into a wall because when i got up to look i lost the spot of the break and i just panicked i smashed the light and it ...

Someone Hit my Car and Left?
I am in big trouble here,$1600 or more worth of trouble.

The accident was not my fault at all, i was stopped and someone hit me from the back.

Then we got out of the car and i ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, September 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links