Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

If someone but a dent in your car and won't claim responsibility what do you do?
Find answers to your legal question.

If someone but a dent in your car and won't claim responsibility what do you do?

We took pictures and is sure that she did it..
Additional Details
Her paint is on our car and our paint is on her car.

EyeSpy
He said / she said. Sorry... without a witness you are spinning your wheels. A picture? What of... your damage or a picture of her doing it?

Unless you caught her in the act and your picture is of her doing it, then you have nothing.

Tonya A
Ask your car insurance agent.

misskate12001
Rating
Without a witness or solid evidence, it's your word against hers which won't go anywhere.

beez
Rating
If you or someone else is a witness, file a police report and a claim with your insurance company, unless she has auto insurance and hit your car with a vehicle.

Noelana
Rating
If it's small you can have it fixed without a claim, but if it's big let that person know you believe they did it, file a claim, and have it investigated for paint, or method of dent to tie to that person. Really ugly second choice tho :( You should have some sort of definite proof they did it or you can't really blame them.

Emma
Rating
Not much. Contact the cops and notify them of the incident. If nobody witnessed her doing it you haven't got much of a case.

blueeee
Rating
So, if someone but a dent? I"m gonna have to say dont

twistingblindly
If you know who it is you can take them to small claims court.

If you do not know who it is you can get your insurance to pay for it, but chances are you'll have to pay a deductible and be required to go to a body shop your company suggests.

Alternative: Find your own body shop and don't go through insurance, it'll save $$$.

ohmanbeliefs
Rating
Service her with process pursuant to Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 4(k)(1)(a).

la428282
Rating
you really think the fact that both of your cars have a scrape the color of the other car is enough evidence to make them pay?

Please.. your in for a surprise.

Wounded Duck
Not a thing without PROOF!

oklatom
Step 1. Get an estimate of getting it fixed.
Step 2. "Your paint is on my car, mine is on yours. Unless you pay me $XXX.XX to get it fixed, I'm going to the insurance and have them handle it."
Step 3. If you don't get the money, go to your insurance company and file a claim.

Justin T
Rating
If your insurance won't cover it as a hit n run then u may be SOL. You sould always report it to the police first to get it noted...

TWEETYPIE
Rating
you sue them

Jimmy the Peace Keeper!
If he is claiming that he did not put a dent on his car.
Get the police involved.
Check that mans car and see if he has a dent on his car if he does tell the police.
Get it to court and the man will pay you much more ( cost of repair) because you took it to court.

Lover not a Fighter
Rating
Sure like "Bush was sure"

or sure like in "you got video evidence"?

Good Luck.

LeaLea
Rating
check out the other persons car to see if there's any evidence, like scratches or signs of repair.
take pics of that too.

Donnie Mac
If you have physical proof and/or witnesses, not just speculation or rumors, take her to Small Claims Court.
Attorneys are not allowed, just you, her and the evidence in front of the judge.

georgina m
maybe get sum witnesses and get professional advise on wat to do next

Fred
You can file a police report, but the best bet is to go tou you insurance. They will usually file it under uninsured motorist and may do their own investigation of who is to blame.
I had this happen to me and they were great. It did NOT raise my rates.

Serena Van der Woodsen
Rating
omg some scum did the same thing to my moms car they dented it and left without putting a note or anything but idk sorry um try and get the police to get evidence im not to sure sorry i know i didnt help so sorry

Pretty P
Call the police and make a police report, and ask anyone near if they saw someone dent it.

Tnisha
My goodness, the same thing happened to me when my boyfriends ex keyed my car. I had no proof but i KNEW it was her. I whooped her *** and when we went to court had my lawyer dismiss the trial so i whooped her *** and got away with it just like she keyed my car and got away with it. But.......as far as the car goes, there isn't much you can do without a few witnesses and pics of her actually doing it.

michael w
I would put an even bigger dent in his face !! Just noticed it was a her so do to her car with your foot.

MetalHeart
I dent their car when no one else is looking. But that's just me.

nadia n
why not forgive and forget?
you only harm yourself with negative thoughts.
it is only a car you know.
good luck in the future.

howardtuckwell
put one in theirs

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If i have a car in my parents name and on their insurance and I cause an accident can they get sued?
I live in M...

Car Crash, Whos liable?
I was driving on a small roundabout today wanting to take my 3rd exit, i was in the correct lane and was indicating right, my way was clear and i set off, a guy pulled out on the second exit and i ...

Can I change my mind and return a new car?
Another dealership offered a better deal!Can I return the car and go for the one with the better deal?...

I got in car accident and i finally got a check from the insurance to fix my car...but what do i do now?..?
can i take my car anywhere to get fix....and if dont like the work on my car can i get a different shop???...

My totalled car is in my parent's name, who should get the insurance money to replace it?
my car was totalled, by fault of the other driver. i had made all the payments on the car but becuz i have bad credit my dad put the loan in his name, n my mom was paying the insurance for me, but ...

Would changing my address clear the points off my license?
instead of paying to get my points taken off my license if i changed my address would they still be on my license when i get it ...

Do I have to insure my 19 year old son, if he doesn't drive my wife's vehicle or my own?

Smoking at the wheel,gov ROBBING THE MOTORIST AGAIN?
what will be nxt. NO radio. NO children unless GAGGED,just another way to hit us in the pocket with fines.
and the law abiding motorist
will bend over and take it again and again just to ...

What will happen If you are under the age of 18 and accumulate six points on your license within twelve months

Do particular colours of car tend to have more accidents?
and if so, is this taken into consideration by the insurers ? I have heard that red cars may have more crashes but my friend says its silver. Wouldbn't this be affected by the fact that there ...

Do you think all vehicles that use the road should be Road registered and insured?
All vehicles including, Bicycles and mobility scooters.
Should all have a registration number and insurance. (Except tax as they are self propelled or electric)

Bicycles do cause ...

If someone is driving a car, does the car have to be insured or the driver?
and what would happen if the person got pulled over and showed both the registration and insurance under a different name?
Additional Details
to add more detail:
If the car is ...

What age do u have 2 drive?

My parents won't let me take driver's training?
I am the only person in my grade who still hasn't taken driver's training. Many people my age already have their licenses and cars. Literally every single day I hear people I know talking ...

Should it be harder to get a driving license in UK?
How can it be that you can get the license but never been driving on a motorway. It might be time for the goverment to rethink the driving exame. And start to learn to use the inner lane. I pull my ...

I am 18 can i get my drivers License in the state of ga?
I am 18 can i get my drivers License in the state of ga with out get my learnes 1st?...

Who had the very first personalized license plate? What did it say?
What's the best personalized license plate you've ever seen? Would you ever consider getting one? How much does a personalized license plate cost? Please include links....

Can you drive a car at the age of 16 legally?

Replacing lost vehicle keys?
My hubby has lost the key 2 his van, there isnt a spare and the handbook can't be found. So, not only can he not get into the van he can't move it or get a new key cut. A locksmith is no ...

I have a mate who was caught speeding he will now loose his licence unless i say i was driving what should i d
he was flashed by a camera doing 77 mph in a 50 mph zone and he has offerd me £500 to say i was ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links