Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

If your drivers license is suspended in one state, can you get a different one if you move to another state?
Find answers to your legal question.

If your drivers license is suspended in one state, can you get a different one if you move to another state?

unicornfarie1
No that is called fraud.

oklatom
If your license is suspended, it is suspended in all states. You won't have a valid license to turn in to have a new one issued. If you lie, and say you have never had a license, you will be required to show identification establishing your identity. When they run that, your suspension will show up. And then they might charge you with fraud. Move or not, you will have to do whatever you need to do to get your license back before you can drive.

mister ss
your reputation will follow you.

Chris J
Rating
no you cant. its on your record. & if u get caught its jail time and a lot of fines & u'll never get ur linces back.

D.Y.
Rating
nope

Fred C
Rating
The person that told you we do it in Canada is talking through his hat. I issue driver licences as part of my job. If you claim you never had a licence and start over as a beginner, you will be committing an offence, and will be caught when the id unit, the department that checks the background of every applicant, pulls your file. There are a few states that apparently aren't fully reciprocal, but you will still have to lie on the application, and will, at some point in time, be caught. If a person is such a lousy driver the licence is suspended, they should not be driving on any road, anywhere, period.

greencreeper
I'm sure that all states require you to surrender a *valid* drivers license from your old state when you apply for a new license in the new state.

stynque1
Rating
You need to direct that question to the specific state you are moving to.

fisherwoman
No, all states share information. You will need to clear the problems in the other state, and receive a clearance letter allowing you to apply for a new license.

The Cythian
Rating
It all depends on whether or not your state has a reciprocal agreement with the other state. Most do nowadays.

mbrcatz
Rating
No, because the states share databases.

luminous
Rating
Used to you could but no any more. The DMV sends a renewal card u have to take tothe office with you. And you're not going to have that if ur license is suspended so they will run a check and even in another state it will show up on their computer ur driving license has been suspended.

maba311
Yes, my friend got 3 dwi lost his CDL, went to Arizona and got one, but cant drive in Kansas

Alyson McLaren
Rating
I'm pretty sure you can, I live in Canada and if someone has a suspended license in one province, they just start from scratch and get a new one in a different province....but again, not 100% sure about the states.

diva doll
Rating
From what other people have told me, you can get a new license in another state. But make sure that they don't check your dmv record.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I have a phobia of motorway driving, even though ive been on it for 2-3 times.?
my mum keeps nagging me to take her to a relations house, because their son was murdered. basically its on the M1 in milton keynes. Ive been there before aswell and i was driving. I got there ok but ...

How can i find the currant owner of a vehicle using it reg?

Problems with my car.. I drive to jersey every weekend.?
is driving my car to jersey every weekend from ny,, about an hour drive, bad for the car? my parents are telling me to stop driving it to new jersey beause the car is always having to go into the car ...

If someone drives my car and doesnt have a valid drivers license?
what can happen to me if they get pulled over or get into an accident? I have a friend who got their license revoked and has been asking to drive my car and I was wondering what are the ...

What will my insurance be?
I'm 21, in college trying to get my first car- my uncle suggest that i wait until i finish school but i really need a car- he is afraid my insurance will be higher than my car note- what should ...

I hit a deer today, and i was just wondering....?
Do they try to make you hit them? bc i did everything i could and still hit that damn deer!...

Help....VEHICLE NOT REGISTERED HELP.....?
I KNOW IM AT RISK FOR GETTING PULLED IN MY STATE(VA) BUT I WAS WONDERING CAN U GET PULLED IN ANOTHER STATE SUCH AS NC FOR THIS?? I HAVE TO DRIVE TO GET MY DAUGHTER ......DONT THINK THEY HAVE THE RIGHT...

How do you convert a salvage car title to a clean title?
I recently purchased a car with a NC salvage title and my insurance company won't insure it for anything more than liability coverage. I spoke to an adjustor for the insurance company and he ...

If you buy a new car on the weekend and can't get ahold of your agent are you covered under your old policy?

Im 18 years old i got my drivers licence but my mom and dad dont want me to get a car!?? what to do?
im very good in driving and they still wont let me drive. I dont understand what should i do? should i move out or something? P.S sorry for my terrible ...

I just got a dui and a driving on a suspened. Can I go to driving school to get rid of a point?

Compensation for an accident. Any ideas?
Hi, 10 weeks ago I had a motorcycle accident, it wasnt my fault, the car driver accepted liability, he pulled out into me. I was very lucky. My bike was write off. I had a dislocated thumb which was ...

I need to apply for a new driving license and have lost my old one what will i need to do?

Can i start taking driving lessons with a instructer before the age of 17 years?

Are Driving Lessons costing you the earth ?
25 Lessons Taken @ £20 each, 2 of them cost £22 though.

Manual 1hr Lessons, I feel I am not really getting anywhere, age 17.
Is it worth taking any more ?

Let's hear ...

My girlfriend drove my car uninsured, now the person she hit is demanding 50000 dollars from me i think?
My girlfriend drove my car and was in a car accident, at the scene no one was hurt and the cop couldnt determine who was at fault, i proved my insurance info, and evyerhting was taken care of now, 4 ...

Is it cheaper to be put on your parents car insurance, or get your own?
I'm 16 and I need car insurance, would it be cheaper to be put on my parents, or get my own entirely?
Additional Details
In New Hampshire....

Do I have to notify the DMV if I paint my car?
I know that a similar question like this was asked before but I'm looking for a better answer. I guess I could call the DMV but you know how long that takes! If anybody has any experience with ...

What is a good car insurance company?
Since I started driving 9 years ago I have had Liberty Mutual car insurance. I'm not happy with them right now. I was in an accident 6 months ago and they refused to fight it for me. In 9 years I...

If a rock from a truck hits my windshield and breaks it, can i file a claim against the truck insurance compan

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links