Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Is It legal to have insurance back dated?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is It legal to have insurance back dated?

I was recently pulled over and was ticketed for driving w/o insurance. Because it had lapsed, now the state wants a copy from the ins. co. stating I was covered at the time. Having no coverage is frowned upon big time so I'm not sure as to if there's a legal way out. Any help would be appreciated.

answerman63
Rating
Here's some sound advice...don't even think about forging or back dating your insurance card. Your agent won't do it for you, as it's illegal in all 50 states. If caught doing it yourself, you are looking at fines and/or potential jail time. You can go to court and say your coverage lapsed "by mistake" and ask for leniency...(be sure to show them that you are insured again!)...that's as far as you can take it though. If the judge doesn't buy it, you'll just have to pay your fine and take your medicine. It's not the answer you seek, but it's the correct answer.

Cali W
listen to answerman63....it is sound advise if you don't want to get thrown in jail for forgery and misleading the court system!

carpathianne
No! And no insurance company worth their salt would do it for you. A trucking company in Connecticut tried to do that after having a major accident with four fatalities last year and the guy who owned the company is now in serious ****!

SouthJerseyGuy
Rating
It is illegal to get coverage back-dated. You're screwed. You'll probably pay big $$ in fines, and get a few points on your motor vehicle record.

In the future, please drive with insurance. It's legally mandatory b/c bodily injury and property damage resulting from auto accidents become the financial burden of the victims when there is no insurance to "make things right again."

Risk_Kay
Trust me, there is no legal way out. If you or your insurance agent were to falsely sign that you had insurance on that date, you both could be prosecuted by the state.
You will be suspended for probably (90) days for not having insurance. Sorry!

good guy
it happened to me and alot of other people....forging it would only leadto more charges if caught.....

Oblivia
Rating
No, it absolutely is NOT legal to back-date your auto insurance policy. Any agent would know this and know his liability and would refuse to do it, anyway.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

HIT and RUN, have license plate.?
Someone hit me on the side, when I was driving a friend's van. the car that hit meleft inmediatly. other driver saw it and wrote the license plate. I would like to talk with the person, making ...

Stolen car?
Hi, my car was stolen today just wanted to ask a question about the insurance procedures.
I have fully comprehensive insurance with aa. The car was tinted with alloys wheels and the rear lights ...

Drivers Test?
I am 16 years old and i have failed at my drivers test twice. Please give me some tips to pass it this week. If i fail again i will be required to take extra driving classes before trying again....

What can I do to renew drivers license. They where revoked because of child support. payments are now current.

How can I make my car insurance lower per year?
in my survey i just realizedi pay the most!! $3000 a year!!!!!

22 female NJ...

How much does a car insurance agent earn per car insured?
what is the average earnings a car insurance agent earn per car insured? i am looking into the possibility of becoming a car insurance agent in the very near future....

If my child no longer lives in my house but still go to school and uses a car in my name, is he still insured?

Car accident. No insurance.?
my bf has a car with no insurance and due to that, the registration was suspended. His cousin drove the car and got into a car accident and the people hit were taken away in an ambulance (nothing ...

Do I have to send my proof of insurance to the creditor?
Do car insurance companies automatically send proof of my full insurance coverage to the creditor who I financed my car?...

I was in a accident in michigan. Truck rear ended me. Can I sue for injury?
both drivers are from I...

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with Geico Insurance?
I have been with State Farm for nine years and decided to see if I could find a cheaper policy. Geico has quoted me half what I currently pay. I have been with the same company for so long, I am a ...

Auto insurance and baby seat replacement?
I was in an accident a few months ago and I heard recently that the insurance company of the person at fault has to pay for new baby seats since the seats have "served their purpose" by ...

Can you find a insurance quote for a car ie rover 45 on a y registered plate?
please find list of car insurance ...

I have an Auto Insurance policy in South Carolina Will My 15 year old son automatically be added to my policy?
Once he gets a Beginners Permit?
Additional Details
So if my insurance Company, automaticaly added my son when he turned 15 is this legal? They told me it was part of the SC law?...

Driving record is going to cost me my career!!!?
So the story is that my last year in high school and the first year of college, i got five minor traffic tickets and one accident. At the end of that point i found out that i need to have a good ...

Car insurance?
I got a speeding ticket last year... and on top of that a ticket for not having registration or proof of insurance with me. The car WAS registered under me and I DID have insurance at the time... I ...

If there was an accident with 2 cars merging on the interstate, who's at fault?
This is a hypothetical question. If Car A is ahead of Car B in the merging lane and if Car B merges first and guns the gas to get ahead of traffic and doesn't let Car A in and both cars collide, ...

Who's fault is this?
I was taking a left hand turn into a parking lot, and I check the oncoming traffic. There was no one. I began the turn into the parking lot.

While I was turning, a woman drove up (you can ...

What do i do if i am being sued in ny small claims court and i am not guilty?

What is a cheap car insurance company in New Jersey?
I am only 20 yrs old....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links