Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Is there a grace period for getting your tags?
Find answers to your legal question.

Is there a grace period for getting your tags?

My tags expire tomorow, if I drive my car to go get them, am I still under some grace period so I don't get in trouble tomorow for that?
I am in Oklahoma
Additional Details
I have insurance, its just that I didnt get the tags yet, I just bought the car, so I didn't have a year....

Uncle Red
Rating
I live in MO and lived in OK also, there is no grace period. Just don't get pulled over before you get your tag. Thay usually won't pull you over for just that unless they are following you.
Gee you had a year to plan for this....

walter chaos
Rating
Plan your life a little better and take the bus to renew the tags on your car --- or call the police dep't and ask the desk sgt. if one day is okay--- take all the papers you need to get new tags --- so you don't have to ride the bus but one time...

Jake W
Occording to oklahoma dmv webpage you get an additional late charge after 30 days. I've lived in many states, ok was not one of them, and they all give you 30 days grace period. Even if you get pulled over. When you go get your tags, other than a late charge if applicable, they're not going to say anything about how late you are. The people there can't give tickets or anything else.

brandiwine72
Rating
Most states don't have a grace period when it comes to money, however they won't usually pull you over for just expired registration unless it's been awhile. Drive like the "angel" that I'm sure you are and get your tags, ASAP. In Ok I'd recommend avoiding those small towns, more likely to find a cop with nothing better to do. Good luck and Safe driving.

badbill1941
It's my understanding that if your payment is made by the due date,you will be covered in case you are pulled over, or cited, until the tags are mailed to you. To be sure,ask tommorow when you go in to pay.

ret w
Rating
I've actually went 4or5 days before i got mine with no problem. And I'm in Texas so i wouldn't worry.

rand a
they will probably let you off with a warning if you claim to be on the way, it just depends on the cops attitude, i dont think that they HAVE to let you off, it is illegal after all to drive with expired plates, although if you have already registered online i guess you are actually legal.

ck_silencer
If your insurance(tags, plates, whatever you call it) is expired while your driving that vehicle you risk being fined for driving without insurance.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I need two take my car off the disabilaty register?

Will a loud music ticket effect my car insurance?
I live in Illinois and I was wondering if a loud music ticket will effect my car insurance? I wasnt driving....

Can i get drivers insurance with a learners permit?

Car insurance question?
I have 2 cars, I drive one of them, and the other one is for my brother, but since my brother just turn 18, so the insurance on his side is very expensive, so if I exclude him on my insurance plan, ...

Neighbors large tree branch fell on my car while it was parked, is she responsible for the damage?

Do i need an attorney?
i was in a car accident, was injured my car got totalled, do i need an attorney and for what reasons?...

My dad wants to take me driving tomorrow?
He'll let me get behind the wheel and then teach me how to drive.
But the thing is, my mom and I are afraid that we might get in trouble because I don't have a learner's permit ...

How much is considered a total loss by the insurance company?
If there's an accident. What percentage of the car value does the repair ammount have to be for it to be considered a total loss by the insurance company?
Additional Details
If ...

My car slid into my roommates car the day after a snowstorm and broke the tail light. Will my insurance go up?

What questions do they ask you at the DMV when you're trying to get your driver's permit? PLEASE SOMEONE !!!!
I need to know what are the questions that they ask you on the written test when you're trying to get your driver's permit? what about when you're actually taking the driving test? T...

Question About Motorcycle Insurance?
I have had a motorcycle before and sold it but im am wanting to get another. I have never had a ticket in a car "nock on wood" but on my old bike too many to count but the only thing i was ...

Car insurance and more than one car?
I don't know much about car insurance but I do know it's pretty expensive. What if you have more than one car, would you have to buy insurance for both of them? If that's true how can ...

2007 Car totaled. Please Help?
Hey ya'll first off I'd like to thank all of you for even looking at this. Okay, so I bought a brand new 2007 Mazda3. I traded in my 2004 4Runner for $17,500 off the sticker value for the M...

How do i handle a car accident that happened months ago and I didnt file an insurance claim?
I rear ended someone on my way into school. I was hoping to keep my insurance company out of the situation, as i thought the damages would not be much over my deductible ($1000). Turns out, it is ...

How many drivers are there in the UK today?
Not cars; drivers.

he reason I ask is that i was made aware today that every ten years we have to exchange our photo ID's. At £17.50 a pop, do you realise how much this comes to a ...

If you have exceptionally cheap car insurance where do you get it?
I know a lot goes into calculating car insurance, not asking about that. Just want to know if you pay a really small amount for coverage, what that amount is and where you get it from. (Must cover ...

If i were to purchase a vehicle without a title,what is the cheapest way to get it leagel.?
experience people in this field only please.i have found a vehicle,but in a move they lost the title and im not sure were to get a title for the vehicle.can anybody tell me how to deal with the ...

What should I do about this teen accident?
I was getting a ride with my friend and another guy in a two seater pickup truck. We are a bunch of teenagers. There was an extra little seat in the middle that I sat in. As we were driving, I ...

How much could my car insurance increase if I pay a 90.00 fine that included 1 point on my record?
I have a clean driving record so would it be worth paying the ticket and watching my insurance go up a few bucks? I can't imagine my insurance going up too much for a single point, but maybe I ...

Backing out of parking space could not see due to park cars and hit a car coming straight?
i do not have auto ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links