Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Joe has $10,000 to purchase a used car. If the sales tax is 7% and the fee for title and license plates is $20?
Find answers to your legal question.

Joe has $10,000 to purchase a used car. If the sales tax is 7% and the fee for title and license plates is $20?

‚ô•*‚ô•I love my little munchkin‚ô•*‚ô•
You'll never get license plates for just $20 especially for a car that is $10,000.

But just with the information you gave, it is $10,720.00.

2Negative
Rating

Ben Aich
joe should be looking at cars costing little more than $9,000 but i'd say joe should be looking at ones that cost a little less and have some reserve cash for repairs

oklatom
and you're asking in Cars & Transportation > Insurance & Registration > instead of homework help and haven't finished your question, how likely are you to get an answer that will be helpful?

If the rest of the question is "How much additional cash will he need?" the answer is $10,000 plus $20 for the plate, plus 7% of $10,000 which is $700. so it will take a total of $10,720, minus the sales price of $10,000, and he will need $720 additional to complete his transaction.

Nap
I'm thinking that what the lady means or wanted to say is: Joe has 10,000.00 Dollars to spend, in total and no more.So, with a 7% sales tax and (Unrealistic fee) registration (Tags & Title) fee of 20.00 What is the cost of the car? So, I came up with this number-the vehicle should cost $9328.00-the tax is $652.96 + $20.00=$10,000.96. I'm sure Joe can come up with $0.96.Don't you think so, If not lend it to him

entidtil
Rating
Yes, we have those facts/numbers. Now what is your (homework) question ?

Gambit
You gave half a question. What's the entire question?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will i have a discount on insurance if i scored well on my NJ state drivers written exam?
I had just finished drivers ed in school and i just took the state exam required to obtain a permit, and you need at least an 80% to pass. I got a 96% and im wondering if a high score will allow me ...

How long do license plates stay connected to me?
i read that license plates stay with the person not the vehicle, and that they last for 6 years. i was wondering if i can re register my plate. registration expired in 2007. and now its 2009 can i ...

AAA is offering "Road Side Service", Where do I sign up?

How old do you have to be to get a learners permit to drive in California?
I'm 15, and i know how to drive, I just know I legally can't and i want to know how old you have to be o get a permit, or ...

How much is car insurance for international under age drivers to rental car?
Hi
We are 3 guys from Norway, 20 years, who thought us to rent a car in Los Angeles this summer, has come across a company called http://www.atwest-rentac In order to get rent from them, ...

Does anyone know if the Honda Road Fox is still road legal in Britain or the republic of Ireland?
I heard someone say that the road fox was banned by insurance companies because of stability issues. Does anyone know for sure if this is true?
Additional Details
All I'd really ...

Allstate Auto Insurance?
Hi I'm thinking about switching to AllState for my auto insurence. i was just wondering if anyone knows what forms of payment they accept to pay your premiums. do they take credit cards????

If you were in this situation what would you do??
If you had an accident that someone it you. And the insurance company for the other side wont answer the phone for my lawyer. You need a rental but dont have the coverage or the money out of pocket. B...

Am I entitled to a refund of my deductible on my stolen vehicle after it has been recovered?
My car was stolen in January and my auto insurance company paid me for the value of the car minus a $500 deductible. Since then the vehicle has been recovered and I declined to buy the car back from ...

What is the procedure to cancel registration in website bharatmatrimony.com ?

Parking lot accident / fender bender in North Carolina - should we filed a claim?
My wife was in a parking lot in her Lexus RX300 SUV and started to back up. She stopped, established a position, and was about to go from reverse to drive when another SUV backed into her. She ...

DMV permit test??????
What do you need to bring to the dmv when you go in to take your permit written test?

PS. is it hard? :]]] ...

Auto insurance and sports cars?
I was wondering how much more does a sports car add to auto insurance than a normal car. Im going to buy a 1991 acura NSX(I know ouch!) so I was wondering what would be the difference in price from a ...

Drivers license help.......?
i want my license but i ws told i neede insurance but i dont under stand how can i get insurance with no car do i need a car to apply for ...

Does my points on my license expire once I move to another state?
I moved from NEW YORK to Connecticut and I was wondering if the points on my driver license gets expired or disappear?...

If you sell a car and find out that the new owners have not registered it?
What can you do? I sold my old car to a realitive over six months ago. I assumed (silly me) that most people register them right away and since plates are on it again assumed it's been ...

Where can i get the california license plate for my car that has the beach scene on it?
and does it cost extra? i see them everywhere....

In california. my friend has a car with 200 dollars in parking tickets.?
if i buy the car do i have to pay the 200 dollars he owes to register it?...

What papers do i need to bring with me to the dmv?
when going to take my driver's licence appointment?...

What is the orange certificate the dmv lady was talking about?
so i completed the msf course a in september and i got my completion card. so today i went to the dmv took the written test, passed and the lady said i needed my "orange certificate". i ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, November 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links