Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

My license expired monday, how long do i got to go get it renewed?
Find answers to your legal question.

My license expired monday, how long do i got to go get it renewed?

it expired april 13th 2009
Additional Details
Drivers licenses

George A
Rating
There is no grace period. Once you license is expired, you are subject to a citation if you are pulled over by the police.

As to what steps you need to do to renew it varies from state to state. It can be anything from just paying a renewal fee to having to pay a penalty charge for renewing after it expired & a renewal fee to having to take a test, renewal fee &/or penalty fee to renew it.

Since you failed to mention the state, call your local DMV office & see what all you will need to do. Any driving you have done since 04/13 has been done illegally, so do it ASAP.

kelly_f_1999
expired the 13th you have til the 13th to renew them so your driving on expired ones

im lovin' the 2009
Rating
when they expire, they expire.
there is no time line to when you should apply for another one.
I will say, don't get pulled over by the cops, because your license are considered not valid.......
did you know that the reason your tag and license expire on your birthday is so you don't forget?
yep it's true....
okay enough, I think you know what you have to do now.
good luck

Pamela
Rating
You can go in anytime. Take a friend to drive you there so you're not breaking the law.

Since it expired, you'll have to take the roadsign test again. Drop by (with a friend) and pick up a drivers licence booklet. Study the shapes and colors of the roadsigns, because on the test the signs are blank. Once you're studied up, go take your test. You won't get a ticket for letting it expire unless you're caught driving. Good luck.

Scott H
Rating
Expired means "no longer valid". You had until Monday the 13th to renew it.

catman
Rating
Any time before Monday 4/13/09. Depending upon the state of issue, you will have to check with the local motor vehicle department to see what their procedure is. Be advised that your vehicle insurance is probably invalidated without a legitimate license and if stopped by the local constable they may site you for not having a valid license in your possession.
Your best bet is to rectify this situation as soon as it is possible.

whaticantbeme
Rating
duh, it is expired now. That means it is no longer valid. You should have gotten it renewed before your birthday. If I were you, I'd go ASAP to the DVM and get it renewed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What does Motor Legal Protection mean?
hi, i am trying to put insurance for my first car and i found this i don't know what does it do?
many ...

Car accident - can i fix my car myself and get reimbursed?
I got in a car accident (rear ended) and the other guys insurance wants to send my car to a shop and pay for it. BUT i would rather fix it myself since i can do it in one day and the shop is probably ...

In ohio if your license is suspended but your car is under my dads name and has full coverage and my friend th?
in ohio if your license is suspended but your car is under my dads name and has full coverage and my friend that has a license drives it with me in the car are we okay to drive if we get pulled over ...

I know I'm a bad driver (been in 2 at-faults with 6 months) so what should I do about insurance?

Additional Details
I have Allstate insurance right now, but I was wondering if I need to switch to a different insurance that gives cheaper rates for bad drivers?...

Is it customary for insurance companies to ask for proof of mileage??
Geico is requesting that I send them maintenance records to prove that I drive less than 3000 miles a year. If I don't have it they are threatening to raise my rates to 12,000 miles a year.

I was wondering if the insurance would let me drive a ferrari?
Its my dads and im 16 i was thinking he would let me take it to school some days and i was wondering if the insurance would ...

How much will insurance on a 600cc bike cost for a 19 year old?
I have had my California Drivers License for about 3 years now and I haven't gotten to any accidents and/or tickets. I am planning to purchase a bike with 600cc's. It will be my first year ...

How to get a driver's license?

What is voluntary access --asked by insurance company and how it can reduce my insurance if i opt for it?
please enlighten me how this gonna help me reduce my insurance cost as i am about to insure my bike..thanks
Additional Details
george i dont get it!!!...

How far back do they take accidents into consideration when searching for car insurance?
I had an accident as a named driver on someone Else's vehicle over 2 yrs ago. It has been almost 3 yrs since I had my own car and insurance and I never made any claims. It was not a major ...

Insurance for 6 months, changes mid policy?
I'm looking at buying insurance for a 6 month period, but 2 months into the period there will be a change that causes a significant price drop (3 points removed from my license and my birthday). ...

STOLEN VEHICLE QUESTION?
Ok. so I'm pretty sure my neighbor stole a vehicle one night after he left a bar. It hasn't moved in two months, I've only ever seen him drive one car, and its not this one, and to top ...

How do i get my tags & title if dealer refuses to give them to me?

How difficult is it to learn how to drive a car?
I just turned 15 and where i live i can start taking drivers ed courses but seriously i never really got behind the wheel because nobody ever wanted to teach me....

Do i have to do my theory test again for motorcyclist license, If i already passed it for a car?
Well i got my car license more than a year ago, and i am thinking of getting motorcyclist license and i was wondering will i have to do the theory test again? thanks :)...

I am going on holiday soon to cyprus, i am 21 years old and hold a full license cna i drive out there?
i hold a full uk license but wondered if you ahve to be over a certain age to drive out there?...

Got t-boned by a not insured car today, and lawyers don't want to touch the case, what should I do?
I got t-boned by a not insured car today when I was making a left turn at yellow turning red light. A car I didn't see coming hit the passenger side back door (most impact) since I was already ...

WHICH UK DATABASE CAN I ACCESS TO CONFIRM THE STATUS OF MY CAR'S INSURANCE?

Explanation for Insurance quote in Oregon?
Hi folks,
I just moved to Oregon from CA. I got a quote from State Farm which suits my need. I just got a quote from an agent. She mentioned something like this in the quote. I have me and my ...

Can a lien be put on my vehicle if...?
I fell deliquent on some cc debit with my former credit union. They issued a lien against my vehicle, which was not secured for this original cc I had.

On what grounds can they put a lien ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links