Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

My son had an accident with his dirt bike he slid into a car with his foot the car is an impala,?
Find answers to your legal question.

My son had an accident with his dirt bike he slid into a car with his foot the car is an impala,?

The driver of the Impala turned in front of my son. Now the insurance company for the other guy is charging my son over 2000.00 for a door. I need to know where I can go for an appeal. They never asked my son what happened.The insurance company is Geico

Greg D
Rating
Ive been in this situation. Dont waste your time fighting it. Unless the driver was being wreckless, DUI, or on private property your going to loose. There maybe is a chance that the drivers insurace would pay for it since your son is tech. a un-insured driver.

car253
The details of the accident are not clear.

Which happened first? Your son slid into the car? Or the other driver turned in front of your son?
This is very important to know so the insurance company knows whose fault the accident is.

If the accident is your sons fault, then you have to pay the other party's damages unless you have liability insurance for the dirt bike. If the accident is the other party's fault, then call Geico and tell them.

Mad Jack
Rating
If your son was an unlicensed driver on an unlicensed dirt bike riding on the street, he is automatically at fault. You are responsible for the repairs and any injuries to the driver of the Impala.

Be thankful the driver of the Impala doesn't have a sore neck or something.

calipink22
You're pretty much admitting fault on your son's behalf. If your son HIT the Impala then it's his fault. Being that the door is damaged the insurance adjuster will look at the accident as 100% negligent on your son's part. The Impala didn't hit him. There's no reason for an appeal. Your son is negligent and needs to pay. Dirt bikes are required to have liability coverage in almost all states now, especially if they are on the road. If the bikes uninsured then your son will have to pay the $2,000 out of pocket. If the bike actually never made contact with the Impala then your son will have to pay for the damage out of pocket anyway. It's called vandalism

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I need my driver's license at age 15.?
First of all, as mentioned in the title, I am 15 and I need a class E driver's license.

Before you reply to this with "just wait," let me explain why.

I have TWO ...

Car insurance question! HELP HELP HELP?
I just bought a car from a dealership and its sittin there. but tomorow i plan on changing to a NJ license cause currently i have a MA license. They said i need to get insurance for the car before ...

I finished segment 1 and got my green slip on OCT 23 08 how long do I have to wait to take seg 2 after seg 1?

Should car drivers pay for the upkeep of footpaths?
Footpaths were not built to withstand cars driving on them, and as they do drive on them, the paths are death traps....

I borrow my car to a friend,and he got a accident,he hit a Motorcycle,and the police said it was my friends fa?
i borrow my car to a friend,and he got a accident,he hit a Motorcycle,and the police said it was my friends fault,and the insurance is under my name,will my insurance company got cover my bill or ...

My Brother sold me his car. Grandma has the title but wont give it to me. she forged her name on it?
The car has Arizona tags Im trying to get Texas tags: bot she says that my Brother ows her money. The title is in my Brothers name, but she signed he name to it....

When Purchasing a Vehicle From a Car Dealer (Used), How Does the Insurance Info Work?
If I wanted to purchase a used car from a dealer and did NOT have insurance, would I have to purchase insurance BEFORE purchasing a car (ex. have a vehicle insured in my name then use that info for ...

Why am I an excluded driver?
So my dad added my name under our the auto insurance and today they sent us a paper that said my name was excluded. Why is this? I know my dad didn't ask them to exclude my name....

If you are in 2 accidents within a few weeks of each other, and neither is your fault, can you collect twice?
I was rear ended a few weeks ago and the other persons insurance paid me to have my car fixed. I am scheduled for next Monday to get it fixed. Today almost got hit again. That got me thinking, Had ...

Cash out my car insurance claim?
Okay i filed a claim to my insurance because my car was vandalized. The repair is $2,100. I want to tell them to just give me the money and I will get it repainted somewhere else cheaper. My question ...

My cousin was pictured speeding on driving my car but he doesn't have a US license. Am I responsible?
A high way camera caught him speeding my car in Arizona while visiting from overseas. He doesn't have a valid US license or address, so I got the picture by mail. Am I responsible for his ticket?...

NYS Junior license to Senior ?
Hello i am 17 in NY now have have my MV-285 to get a full license. I took my road test a week ago and passed. So i have my temporary JR license. Which is just the paper they gave me after i passed. ...

Can i drive a mini-bus on my license i have an LGV1?

I just got my license today i dont have insurance but im borrowing my moms car can i drive it or is it illegal?
my mom has her car insured but im not on the policy can i drive it or is it ...

Connecticut license drive out of state?
i am 16 n 7 months with a Connecticut license just got my license can i legally drive to Vermont by my self?...

Should I grow a mustache for my driver's license photo?
i'll shave it off right afterwords of ...

I would like to find out how many points i have on my drivers license where should i look?

What is the answer to the dmv test?

What should I name my license plate for my hot dog cart?
Should I just go traditional and call it Hot Dog......

Is it true that i can drive car up to 7 days after road tax expired?
Is it true that i can drive car up to 7 days after road tax expired?
Got courtesy car which tax finish 31/01 and guy told me that i will get it soon and i can drive for another week with no ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links