Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Penalty for not changing licence?
Find answers to your legal question.

Penalty for not changing licence?

Does anyone know what the penalty in MN would be for not changing your licence over once you move into the state?

(Example...if you moved 1 year ago with a licence from Ohio, but never changed it to MN)

UCANTCME
Rating
ITS BEST IF YOU CONTACT YOUR LOCAL (DMV) DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES OFFICE, THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER ANY AND ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS AND AT THE SAME TIME YOU WILL BE GETTING THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.

Driver Licensing & Title/Registration: (651) 296-6911

Scott H
Your are cheating MN out of revenue. Where I live (AZ) it's up to a $1,000 fine for AZ resident with out of state registration.

Jen T
Rating
Don't tell them how long ago you moved to MN.

jodi d
Rating
if you get pulled over a BIG Fine!!!!!!!!!! That is illegal but if you dont get caught then your good.

hermitofnorthdome
Rating
if you have gotten a ticket for this go and change your license over before the court date if they will let you change it and maybe it will get thrown out

M~K
Rating
There should be no penalty, as long as when your license expires you make sure to renue and change your address. :)

Nite
look up the state law to be sure... I got caught (in a different state but not MN) when I was pulled over for speeding, and they fined me because I was truthful and said I had been in the state longer than 30 days without changing the license (which was illegal, but the time frame depends on the state). Then you have to go to court, or pay the fine, and it's even more of a hassle than just taking an hour to get a new license... do it as soon as you can. But if you do get pulled over, do not offer any information about when you moved.

tone
Rating
Just go change it as soon as possible and don't say anything.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do rental car services have their own insurance on the automobiles that we rent, regardless if we have our own

How much would insurance cost on a 1996 wrx?
im buying a 1996 wrx as a first car ( red P's), it cost $16,000. how much would the insurance be?...

Range Rover?
My husband (bless him) has just bought me a Range Rover, not a brand new one but newish. It is red with cream leather interior & red piping.Lush....... I have a personalized number plate & ...

How do i change registration from one state to another?
my husbands motorcycles registration is in california, but we moved to texas, and I was wondering how do I change it? also the registration is just in my husbands name, can I do it (he's on a ...

MY car was just fixed, and my mom called the auto insurance company. Of course, being saturday it was closed.?
They are closed all weekend, now today is Sunday and i start work .

I need a car to get on the job. My mom left a message telling her to put me back on.

IF i were to get pulled ...

If my car was hit in a lot and nobody claimed the accident, does it fall under comprehensive in my insurance?

Will my car insurance go up?
I pulled out in front of someone and they rear ended me and im at fault..and iam 17 years old so will my insurance go up, and if so how much? i have state ...

I have had to abandon my car.if i phone Barnet Council on monday,will they charge for removal?

DVLA Fines, help?
I sold my car as part of a trade in to a motor dealer in June. I sent of my part of the registration document, but this has either been lost in the post or at Swansea. When I sold the car, I got a ...

If I bought car insurance in one state and then move to different state do I have to buy new insurance?
I bought insurance for the year in one state but just moved to a different state where I will have to register my car again and get a new license plate. If I already paid for the year, do I have to ...

9 points on driving license (provisional license) trying to get a full uk license?
FIRSTLY i want to be HONEST so please do not answer by saying stuff like "you should have gotten a full uk license before you drove the car...etc"

i have a provisional licence (L...

If a car title is in my name, but someone else paid for it; can they take the car away from me?

Additional Details
The person who paid for it is my father. He paid with a credit card. There was no agreement that I had to pay him back, but now he wants the car from me because he...

Do you have to be insured before you get your license
I live in South Carolina by the way and have looked on the DMV website and didn't see the answer to it. Both of the cars have a liability policy right now b/c they're both paid off. the ...

Who should have to pay for the damage to my car?
I was backing out of my parking spot at work and I didn't see this machine thingy in the parking lot. Long story short, I hit it and now there is a big dent and scrape on the side of my car. I�...

Car Accident. Who's fault do you think the insurnace companies will blame?
I was driving home last night (the road is a moving traffic road kind of like a turnpike) on a two lane road in the rain. A car was pratically stopped with no lights in the middle of the road the ...

I have $600 dollars worth of unpaid tickets...?
do you think the dmv will let me take out a drivings license?...

Should I file the claim to my auto insurance company if my car was damaged by the pothole?
Will this affect my premium next year?...

Why not more traffic police?
Can anyone tell me why the Police does not install the number plate recognition system in every police vehicle, which is connected to DVLA to identify drivers with no insurance to stop them killing ...

Is a motorcycle/driving theory test all multiple choice?
Cuz i'm doing mine in a few months, and was wondering.
I hope it is.. =D

Car Insurance?
How do moneysupermarket.com have the balls to quote me £4000 (cheapest)) a year insurance for a 1991 toyota mr2 2.0L to a 27 year old working male whose carried a license for 4 years with no ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links