Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Possible 3 points on my license, insurance about to be renewed?
Find answers to your legal question.

Possible 3 points on my license, insurance about to be renewed?

Yesterday i think i got flashed by a scamera van, my insurance is also due to expire/automatically renewed on 10th april. should i just take out insurance for the time being assuming i have not been flashed by the camera, ad just tell the company IF the dreaded fine + 3 points comes through?
Additional Details
wow all excellent answers thank you all! except tony, why would i want to get a friend in trouble you silly chav?

Shasta F
For auto insurance the quickest method to get a free quote is do a auto policy comparison. If you choose the same coverage amounts, you can get an accurate quote to compare against others. Use the same coverage area, car make/model, mileage and driving history to make sure you get an apples to apples comparison. To get mulitple auto quotes, go to http://www.goodinternetdeals.com/Auto-Insurance.html and you can compare the major auto insurance companies.

Stifle
Yes; the points don't hit your licence until you pay the fine anyway.

Rich G
Rating
Yes, you are innocent until proven guily.

Unless you get the letter, there's no need to say anything

Ash
Rating
it all depends on if you fine is sent to you and posted before you renew or not. if it hasn't your policy wont count it until next renewal.

Cunning Linguist
Rating
You have to inform your insurance company when ever you get three points or your insurance is not valid and they won't payout on a claim.
The good news is three points in total will not affect your premium.

Kier
Rating
If you haven't received the notice, don't declare it. I've been flashed plenty of times and nothing has come through. If the fine notice comes through after you've renewed then, strictly speaking, you should inform the insurance company.

www.CyberCrimeOps.COM
Rating
Say nothing to your insurance until you actually get charged. If/When it happens you are legally obliged to inform them. Failing to inform your insurance company could give them an excuse to invalidate your insurance if you happen to have a claim. For goodness sake don't make up some lie, you will regret it.

HELEN L
Its only a possible - as it stands you have no points or fine. You only need to tell the insurance company as and when the points/fine possibly come through - its vital you are honest with them as it could invalidate your insurance if you don't.

PORK
You can compare how the insurance quotes would change, for example here - autoinsurance.noneto.com

loves christmas lights
Rating
My insurance company asks no questions, they just submit the new invoice to me. Since you will have time to go to driving school, why not do that. I got my renewal notice way before my speeding ticket, the real invoice came and it had my lovely new adjustment to it :( I couldnt go to driving school, it was out of state and that state wanted me to go there to ask to take driving school, now that I see how much this is costing in the long term I could of afforded to fly back east and fix it if they would allow it!
They will see it, I dont notify them of anything unless its an accident, they monitor the situation, and they will hit you the next time if your not able to take care of it, at this point, you are not guilty yet, they only see completed issues not pending ones. Thats why driving school is so important to take for tickets that you can. Call the PD of the area ask how long before notice is sent, and then dive into getting the driving school, many can be done online now.

Timbo is here
Rating
At the moment you do have no knowledge of an impending prosecution so say nothing.
If you do hear something from them tell your insurers without delay whether that is before of after renewal date..

tony de la hoya
tell them your car was stolen. and that it was not you or your friend used ur car without asking you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Are you responsible for paying an accident when someone else was driving your car without your knowledge?
I just received a letter from the dept of transportation regarding an accident a friend had in my car in Dec, 2006. At the time of the accident i was giving birth to my son and had no idea he had my ...

I just bought a car taxed until the end of September but it's Disabled Class tax. How do I change it...?
back please? I looked at the DVLA web site which said you can only change the taxation class on renewal.

Tried ringing by they're on strike!

Am I legal until the end of S...

How do i get my car registered in my name after buying the car from someone who was selling thier car?
the sticker expired in march 2007. i waited so long because the car broke down and i finally fixed it but now i want to drive it but the registration sticker is expired. i never put it in my name in ...

Why should my credit score have ANY bearing on my car insurace rates?
If I have no accidents and NO tickets in the past 15 years????...

Can i have a seperate insurance company from my parents?
i live in NY and just recently they (Allstate) sent a letter saying that they know that i have a permit and what not. the thing is that the reason y i can get a licence is b/c the poolicy is going to ...

I had no car insurance.....?
and my husband was in an accident.. His fault, he rear-ended her. We payed he deductible, and now her insurance company is trying to come after us for the damages. Can they do this? I thought ...

Driving test problem?
Hiya iv been told that you have to have a driving instructor to book a practical test, is that true?

Reason i ask is because i couldnt afford lessons and to pay for my insurance for my car ...

I was in an accident, i didnt have insurance,he plead guilty in court, now he wont contact me!!!!!?
In december i got in an accident made a police report (cops came), i didnt have insurance at the time and he didnt have proof, it was a DL plate (dealer) anyhow we had court on feb 5th, and he plead ...

I need some advice....?
I am a teenager and I got a ticket going 70 in a 45. This is my first speeding ticket, is there anything I can do to keep my insurance from going up?
Additional Details
I got a ticket ...

If u were to see a license plate that had DTH8MOI would u know what it was saying?

Additional Details
It suppose to mean Don't Hate Me!! I guess back to the drawing board!! What about DNTH8ME...

I recently got a speeding ticket in NJ. I am a PA resident. Should I show up for the court date?
I have heard that showing up for the court date could result in less points towards your driving record? Is this true? I'm much more concerned with the points towards my record and insurance ...

Need to insure 2 car's under the same policy?
Basically I have 1 year no claims bonus and don't want to insure 2 car's on different policies which insurer offers car Insurance that best suit my needs....

What to do if i just got into an accident and i have liability auto insurance?
I fell asleep behind the wheel, and hit a tree. the car is totaled. I was not hurt and no one was involved in the accident. should i report this to my insurance company?...

What happens to your 'no-claims' when you get rid of your car?
I am about to scrap my car after many faithful years' service and I was wondering whether my accumulated no-claims discount will just sit in 'limbo' till I get another vehicle - which ...

Problem with nerves on driving lesson, read on?
Ok I passed my test nearly 20 years ago and only drove about 6 times as my husband (now ex) shouted like a mad man at me from when I passed my test so I didn't drive. I got my new licence as ...

I have declared my car as SORN, but wish to drive it!?
I have declared my car as SORN due to an accident repair that was taking too long. The car isfully insured and I wish to re-tax the car, however its sunday and the dvla website is down for repair? am ...

What does it mean no title on car?
im thinking about buying this one car but the owner said he doesn't have the title what does that mean??...you cant buy the car, cant show the car is yours, or it might be stolen?...

Car Accident - Was it my fault...?
I was parkerd along side the pavement, indicating to pull out; I had checked the mirrors and pulled out... Some other vehicle came around the bend going beyond the speed limit. I hadn't seen him ...

I am SO screwed and depressed about a car accident I had on Wednesday.. Read more for details.?
I am so scared and feel like my life is over because I ended up hitting two cars and my insurance had expired a few months earlier because I didn't have the money to pay them. I was trying to ...

Car insurance in the uk?
I am going to be sitting my driving test in a couple of months and was hoping someone could tell me or point me in the direction of what size of engine i would be able to get insured for.

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links