Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Should boys wait til 18 to get license?
Find answers to your legal question.

Should boys wait til 18 to get license?

Statistics show that newly licensed teenage boys cause a higher number of serious automobile accidents than any other group. It is evident that many young men are too reckless and impulsive to be good drivers. In order to protect the larger society, the age at which a boy can earn his license should be raised to eighteen.

Are you for or against this?
Additional Details
Give me reasoning... Why do you think boys should or shouldn't wait til 18?

calipink22
Rating
I am completely 100% for it. And girls too! Girls cause just as many accidents as boys now-a-days because they're not mature enough to be behind the wheel. My hubby's sis just turned 16 4 months ago and has already been in 2 accidents. The age for driving should either be increased or there should be a more strenuous driving course you have to pass BEFORE you're allowed behind the wheel. A 16 year old is too immature and too irresponsible to be driving.

Shamoo!
Rating
I'm against and for it.
Yes, it would help the crash rate go down...
But not all boys are reckless.

Prez
Rating
If it is raised, it should be raised for girls too. Plain and simple and I'm not completely against a raise either since I already got mine. Lol

David A
Rating
NO....because at 18 they are still going to be newly licensed drivers. So how is making them wait 2 years going to change that?

Just Me
against.

Eagle Eyes
Rating
NOOOO!!!

Billy bob jr.
Rating
It depends how responsible they are. If they are very irresponsible and don't care about their behavior . Then I would hold their license until they are 18.

But if they are very responsible and I trust them. I would let them have their license at young age, but with an very watchful eye.

Norman O
Rating
Yes, I agree. A young man under 18 really does not realize what the long term consequences are on what he does and how it will affect him as an adult. Ie: Killing someone because he was speeding, etc. Secondly, your reflexes get better as you get a little older. The statistics do indeed prove my statements.

bezlington
Yeah i reckon for both.. in australia you have to be eighteen to drive by yourself

tanika971
at 18 some are still very immature so i don't think another year is going to make a difference.

1selkie
Any rules should apply to girls as well as boys. In a way I'm in favor of it, for boys and girls, because I've seen how so many kids around here drive. Our neighbor's teenage daughter, along with 3 other girls, was killed in a horrific crash, basically because they were doing something immature and stupid. That's cruel to say, but true. Then some of their schoolmates sped recklessly through the crowded parking lot at their funeral. We saw her brothers playing football with a pickup not long after. (Yes, I said playing football with a pickup.) Most teenagers think they're invincible. That's a fact.

There are mature teenage drivers out there, just like there are stupid adults who are bad drivers. But it seems there's more immature 16-year-olds than mature ones.

So yeah, I guess I'm for it.

ello!
Rating
against it. only because there are some young boys out there that are good drivers and stay out of trouble and it's not fair to them. unless they make it so nobody (boys and girls) can get their license until they are 18.

Cee
Rating
Against this

Tray
I live in Jersey, and you can't get an unrestricted license until 18 anyway. You get a provisional license at 17 if you had your permit at 16, but in order to get your permit then you have to take driving lessons. My area is pretty safe with local drivers (it's the tourists that run amok) and I like the rules that we have.

Devan
Rating
Not only boys, girls too. 16 is way to young in my opinion.

jassi
Rating
im a teen and im against it all..all teens need to get their license at 18 we cant even order things over the telephone what int the world are we doing having a car..its backwards to me they should let us wait to get out of school i am so sick of my people i know dying because of driving its sick and sad!

pedro7of9
Rating
no...best time of my life was driving to high school at age 16,,17

Maurice R
Rating
I think so as well. A lot of teenage boys especially at that young age, they start running wild with there cars always driving fast even though they dont have the experience.

shamiere1000
yes cause they can not drive

Halo Guy.
Rating
actually, your wrong. Statistics show that boys get in more wrecks than girls. Why? Because there are more boys driving. it's proven. girls are completely oblivious when they drive. Girls don't know what they are doing, they don't know how fast they are actually going and that they could kill someone... 16 is too young.

jastwist11
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...
my step brother who is married to my other cousin which that is messed up already but its okay because i'm from alabama wrecked into a stop light because he went really fast on a ramp and went up in the air and broke the stop light
it was dumb

locky124
im about to turn 17 and going to be starting to learn how to drive, once i passed theres gonna be no point for me to get a car because the car insurance quotes im getting are RIDICULOUS, i got quoted 4500 for a 1l corsa what the hell!! the car probs wont even make it past 70 so it not like im gonna kill anybody. then a volvo estate appratley good insurance for a 17 year as said by top gear, quoted 7000.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How can i avoid paying for car insurance?
any restrictions if I register car abroad?Leasing?...

How do i avoid disqualification of my uk driving license.
I currently have 12 points on my license (still legal) and was stopped the other day for doing 91mph in a 70mph limit. this will result in 3 more points and a diqualification of my license. I am ...

Why is automatic car insurance more than a manual car insurance?

Does having points on your liscence affect your insurance?
i am currently 20 years old, and have fully comp insurance costing around a grand... i am turning 21 soon but in the next few days am expecting to have 6 points on my liscense,, any opinions of how ...

Experienced Driver Out there Please Help!!!!?
Hi there,
I recently insured my car and it's my first month of driving my car but I have no idea at all where we can park and where we can't as we never really learned this in driving ...

What do they call a person who drives off without paying for petrol?

Who is in the right/wrong?
The car in front of me braked suddenly, I braked suddenly and then heard a crunch at the back of my car.

The only car that got hit was mine.

This happened with UK registered ...

How should I go about getting a learners permit?
I am 15 and in my sophomore year of high school. My parents were raised in a diffrent state and they never got permits because once they were 16 they could just get their license so they cant help me ...

How long does a 16 year old need to wait to get a license after getting a permit?

Additional Details
I live in California....

When do you have to change license plates after moving to another state?
i have already had my inspection done before i moved, can i wait until everything expires or do i have to change the state plates right away?...

How many times did you take your driving test before you passed?
i have just taken my 3rd test today and failed. but on every test i leave eith 5 faults. i just mess up on little things.... i have already bought a car, so i cant give up, but its very frustrating!...

What was the first vehicle to be airborne?

Crashed My dad's car-Please please please help me?
I just crashed my fathers porsche when i was leaving the driveway i smashed it into a wall because when i got up to look i lost the spot of the break and i just panicked i smashed the light and it ...

Someone Hit my Car and Left?
I am in big trouble here,$1600 or more worth of trouble.

The accident was not my fault at all, i was stopped and someone hit me from the back.

Then we got out of the car and i ...

What is the penalty for driving with no insurance?

Am i legal to drive my fathers van?
I was wondeirng, if i am legal to drive my fathers van, i have fully comp, insurance and i am 21 years old, i was just curious, as i was told that the legal age to drive another vehicle was 25...

I'm with Bsm and the guy whats leaning me said I'll need to pay for the car if I smash it , is that true?
I'm learning with BSM to drive, but the guy whos learning me to drive said if I smash the car while i'm driving I'll need to pay for it to fix it is that ...

How often do other drivers aggravate you on the road and what annoys you most?

What are the biggest things to remember for a driver's licence test?
I have my behind the wheel test in just a little bit and I'd like to now bout what I'm in for. Thanks a lot!

I'm a ...

How long does a provisional driving licence last?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links