Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Son was hit by a car on his bike, whos insurance pays?
Find answers to your legal question.

Son was hit by a car on his bike, whos insurance pays?

he was riding his bike, and the lady that hit him was driving her parents car cause hers was getting new tires, who's insurance should pay for his medical expenses? she is in jail for DUI and possesion
Additional Details
yes my son is ok, just banged up!

underdog
the vehicle owner's insurance is primary, then the driver's if the bodily injury exceedes the limits of the vehicle's policy, then attack the home owners insurance if availible, if still not enough, sue personally to all parties

your son being 10 yrs old has not reached "age of reason" even if he is negligent, the driver of the car still has the greater duty to be aware of their surroundings and watch for pedestrians and obstacles.

get a good personal injury atty

and "me again" needs to pull his head out his A$$, kids get hurt, if he had his way all kids would be in a bubble on shelf till they were just as f--ked up as him

cin_ann_43
The car owners insurance will pay. You did call the police and they made out a accident report? I do hope your sons ok.

firefightingexpert
pedestrians have the right of way a kid on a bike is a pedestrian ever see the road sign with the boy on a bike it says share the road
the people in the car will have to pay

Carl_the_Truth
Who ever was at fault pays...

ole_lady_93
Rating
call an attorney and sue them... immediately...
Hope your child is o.k.

fennamason
I would say hers. Is your son okay? I would contact your insurance company and double check with them.

Silverstang
The car owner, as they let someone drive their car.

Lake Lover
Probably the people than own the vehicle that hit him. I'm so sorry to hear about this!!!! I hope that b**** rots in jail a long time!!!!

Jim T
Rating
Since the girl was ticketed, and was legally at fault, then it comes to the insurance on the vehicle. You should contact the owners of the vehicle, and have them put you in touch with their insurance company.

If they refuse, contact the police for a copy of the police report, the insurance information should be contained within.

If you live in a state which does not require insurance, then contact the family and inform them that if they do not turn the matter over to their insurance company, you will have no choice but to contract a lawyer.

sponggie
Rating
Get a lawyer! In my state both insurance companies can be required to pay. Seeing as she was arrested you shouldn't have to worry about any bills. Just do like I said and get that lawyer. Don't accept or sign anything without legal representation!

KIT-KAT
The car owner. They hit your son. I hope your son is doing ok.

Me again
You failed to inform us who was at fault. I don't give a flying fk about her DUIs or possession charges unless she was drunk or stoned at the time, which, not surprisingly, you also fail to mention. I want to know if your kid was at fault when he got his azz hit or if the woman driving was at fault. If he was, you pay. If she was, she pays. How old is your son? Yet again, a key piece of information that predictably you left out. Old enough to be unsupervised on a bike in traffic? If not, then you should be prosecuted for child endangerment and your son should become a ward of the state. It's really that black and white, although you seem like the kind of a person who will spin the facts to your benefit and leave out the ones that make you look incompetent as a parent. It would behoove you to add a few more facts.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Landlord asks me to take his car to the shop, he tells me he has insurance but lied and i had an accident?
I proceeded through a yellow light and was turning left, when a semi tried to beat the light also. the semi was going straight so i was ticketed for failure to give right of way. I am shaken up but ...

Need help in dispute over repairing damages to neighbours car?
three weeks ago on reversing out of drive i clipped neighbours daughters wing mirror being a decent chap i knocked to inform them and saidi would pay to repair it ,3 days on she knocked with an ...

Is the extra insurance on car rentals really necessary?
I never opt for it (because I have full coverage on my own car), but then get nervous and regret it (even though nothing has ever happened). They seem to try to scare you into it. Does anyone REALLY ...

Insurance for a 3 series BMW Convertable?
Does anybody know a good/cheap insurance company for a BMW 3 Series Convertable. I don't have any no claims as i have always driven a company car! Please please help!!!!...

My car was hit two nights ago. i got the cars license plate number nowever they drove off. what are my opts?

What do i need to take to tax my car?
what do i need to take to the post office to tax my car i have lost my insurance document but i have a letter from my insurarse about my payment plan will that do?...

I was rearended and the person who hit me has insurance but the ins. company is putting me off by saying that
they are still investagating and that there is a question about who was driving the car. I really didn't think that should be a problem. I thought the insurance followed the car. Why should I ...

Wife hurt in car accident, who gets sued?
Wife was a passenger in sisters car and accident occured, sister was determined at fault. My wife spent 5 days in hospital from trauma department.
Our health insurance paid for the stay but ...

Taking car accross the state line?
Hi, if someone has a car that still has payments left on it, can they move to another state with that car, or is that considered auto theft?
Additional Details
ok, those are great ...

How did my boyfriends name appear on my car ins policy when he only has a non drivers ID?
i recently was sent a letter that my boyfriend is a licensed driver & that i should send in proof or he will be insured. i went directly to my agent with my boyfriend & they made up a copy ...

I was in a fender bender thursday, no apparent damage to her car, now wants $4k!!!?
I was driving down a slightly busy road in town Thursday. We were at a stop light, light turns green, everyone drives forward, was about 20 feet behind the car in front of me. I look down for a ...

Can i put my car under my dad's insurance..so that we dont hav to pay much?
is dat possible?...

Is it or is it not great to hear that the Hamster has his licence and is out driving?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com...

I lost my drivers license on a bus, whats the big deal?
My mom is freaking out that i lost my license on the bus. Nothing can happen, right? shes just paranoid or what?...

Been driving without insurance or a license, caught by a speeding camera doing 38mph, what will happen?
A friend of mine has been driving without insurance or a license due to failing his test, he recently was caught by a camera speeding and the ticket was sent to his house. Will he be able to pay ...

My tree branch fell and hit the neighbors car. who is responsible for the damages?

Where do you get the form for renewing car tax in the UK?
The DVLA used to send me the form but don't seem to have done so this year. Also what is needed apart from a MOT?...

Am I able to drive my roomates company vehicle if I dont work for that company?
My roomate/friend asked me to drive his company truck out of state with a trailer to pick up some furniture 800 miles away. He tried to explain to me that his company allowed other people to drive ...

A very careless woman reversed into my car? And now she says it was my fault for having a fat car? How do I?
tell my mother that she is wrong?...

Can I purchase a brand new car under my name, but insurance coverage under my dad's name?
I have family insurance coverage under my name for a Honda Civic, and my dad's name for a Mercedes. I am planning to purchase a new BMW under my name. Can I purchase insurance coverage for the BM...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links