Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

We bought a car but the title has already been signed. what can we do?
Find answers to your legal question.

We bought a car but the title has already been signed. what can we do?

my brother bought a car and the title has been signed by the original seller (which is not the one who sold him the car), then signed by HIS seller in the buyer spot, and then HIS seller signed his name in the "print your name" spot for the seller. Apparently they never transferred the title into the second sellers name. so what do we do now?

Dr. Williams
You just go to the tag office and get it transferred. That's why they put multiple lines on the back of a title..so that it can change hands multiple times before it's transferred.

Uncle Jed
Rating
Take the car back and get your money back and tell him when the title is corrected and in the name of the person you are dealing with than you will buy it. And not until that happens.

But right now you have a title and a car you can do nothing with.............md

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What do I need for my driving test?
I'm taking the actual 'driving' test in a few days. Not for my permit lol. What do I need to bring?...

Help! which is cheaper of 2 cars on insurance?
which has cheaper insurance?

1. Mazda 3 touring hatchback 2009 (median level trim and automatic)

2. Volvo C30 T5 hatchback (base trim and automatic)

??? which one???<...

Can I get rembursed for getting a registration ticket?
I am going to court about this. In mass. but I was involved in an accident. the cop gave me a $200 driving without registered vehicle citation. my aunt was out of phone service, and here registration ...

Do you think driving is easy?
I'm 16 and I've been waiting for my parents to take me to the damn DMV. I'm ready to drive and do everything possible to help my family with their necessities. Anybody think its hard ...

How much insurance for a motorcycle?
How much would full coverage be on a 2006 Yamaha R6. I live in Texas and I'm 17. Getting this bike in a couple weeks and I need to know how much I'm gonna be looking at for full coverage.<...

I just moved is a motor vehicle letter with my change of address info on it good for dmv 6 points?

How much does it cost?
How much would car insurance for a 35 year old woman with a 2007 BMW 328 i 4D Sedan cost if she has never had an accident?

How much would car insurance for a 37 year old man with a 2009 H...

Where do car insurers get their statistics from?

Can you locate some body's address with the license plates?
just wondering, i wanna try to locate mine and my Bro's just for the fun of it, so can you? and how?
Additional Details
hahaha now that i read it, it does sound very stalkerish.

I was injured in a car accident, wasn't working at the time?
I lost my job 3 days before the accident, and now Im hurting too bad to get a job right now. I know I would have disability if I was working, but is there anything I can do even though i wasn't ...

How do I register a restored classic car without a VIN?
What my question more specifically is, is- If I restore a 69 Camaro from the ground up, and the vehicle does not have a VIN number and no original parts, how do I register it? How does the DMV ...

Help! Car Insurance Question?
Hi so I am 22 and I am getting my own insurance plan (used to be on parents).

I have virtually nothing in my name because I may live at home for a little while longer. My question: what ...

Revoked licence probation limits?
brother has had his licence revoked .its been over 7 years without driving and trying to get licence back in michigan what does he have to do to get them back.isnt there a time limit on revoked ...

California DMV Written test?
So, I want to get my license before I leave for college next year, but I don't want to take a driver's ed class. I'd rather wait until I'm 18, but the thing is I won't be 18 ...

How much is it to get a car registered in Georgia?
it's a 1998 Pontiac grand ...

Purchased a car with no mileage on the title,,,?
nothing is checked off on the title, not actual mileage, or odometer exceeds, what does this mean? No mileage is typed in either...does this make the title invalid? ...

How much would this cost?
Well, I scraped someone's Lexus pulling out of the parking lot. There were NO dents. Just some scratches (about 3 or 4 ranging from 4 -6 inches).

How much would it cost to be fixed?<...

Car accident that was not my fault?
I was in a car accident in the Illinois. A car slammed into the back of me; I was not at fault. My car is an older car that does not have much value, but I still owe money on it. The insurance ...

Do you have to wait till your 21st birthday to get your new license?
Hi. I will be turning 21on april 15th. In the state of Ohio, and probably all over the U.S you are issued a new vertical license on your 21st birthday. Is it possible to obtain this a day or so ...

My dealer is registering my car at the DMV?
I bought a used car recently and the dealer says that he usually takes the paperwork for about 5 cars he's sold recently at one time to the DMV to register them/get the plates for the customers. ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links