Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

What do i need to bring to dmv to get a 10 day permit for my car?
Find answers to your legal question.

What do i need to bring to dmv to get a 10 day permit for my car?

do i need insurance on the car first before i can get a 10 day permit? what do i need? i have the title but no insurance on it right now.
Additional Details
i need the 10 day permit to get tires and the smog to get it registered.

oklatom
Rating
Signed title, bill of sale if you have one, and the insurance card.

im lovin' the 2009
Rating
your id
bill of sale
valid insurance

you will need the following to get a permit for your car.... MUST

jumbobret
I didn't know any state offered a 10 day permit. You need current insurance and the title. And why do you need a 10 day permit.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I had my license plate stollen off of my car, how do I get a new one? How long will it take? Whats the cost?

Can you file against two insurance companies for one car accident?
My boyfriend's car was hit by a co worker. The guy's insurance company gave my boyfriend a check for the damages and he spent it on something else. Now he has decided he actually wants his ...

Can you take a drivers training coarse and save on your insurance after you get your driver's license?
or do you have to do it before you get your license in order to save on insurance?
Additional Details
thanks bill,

any idea what would happen if I got the insurance first then ...

Auto accidents settlements?
i was in a car accident were i was rear ended and pushed into another car. my car was knocked off the frame. and my seat ended up in the back seat of my car. i have had severe neck and back pain. ...

How much would car insurance be for a 19 year old?
I just got my license and I know that car insurance can be really expensive for younger people. I was wondering if there is any cheap insurance company? I would love to pay no more than $100, is this ...

Who do you go to for car insurance when your record isn't so spotless? (Chicago driver)?
Long story short, I currently drive one of my mom?s cars part-time, and am covered under her car insurance (Allstate). In the last 2 years I have had 3 minor accidents (damages $500 or less), 2 of ...

Car is worth $8800 (insurance says $10,000). Damage from accident with both airbags is $7,000. Why nottotaled?
Should I want this car totaled and if so, what can I do to convince the insurance company to total it? The place that is repairing it said they want it to be just below 75% of the actual car value....

California Drivers License?
I just got a new license (I lost my old one). I JUST got my year (4-8-09)
but on my new driver's license, it says "Provisional Until Age 18" and "RSTR: 59" However, the ...

Lien holder of a purchased vehicle?
So i purchased my grandmother's car which she has had paid off since 1996, then i tried registering the car and found out there was a lien on it from GMAC. I had the title with it signed off ...

What are the legal defences to failure to produce licence?
What are the legal defences to failure to produce licence?
I received a fixed penalty notice for driving other than in accordance with a driving licence. I promptly paid the penalty. I couldn...

Will there be a long wait at the DMV on Friday at 11AM?
I need to go to the DMV and I get out of class at 10:30AM. I am intending to go there right after. So I was wondering if there would be a long wait on a Friday morning....

Can I legally drive the car?
Alright, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the insurance end of legality when it comes to driving. My only concern is that it will be legal for me to drive the vehicle - here's the ...

What can happen to the bank who send repo guys to repo the vehicle and they had received notice of bankr?
Five days after they received notice of bankruptcy the bank sent the repo buys to take the vehicle. The office who responded to our call told us just to let them take the vehicle and if the bank is ...

Can I get a title from a Lien holder if i'm not the one paying off the debt.?
I'm buying a motorcycle, but the person selling it to me owes some money to their navy federal bank. Is there anyway they can sell me the bike for the asking price with a Lien title or temp ...

I totalled my girlfriends car and she didnt have gap insurance, and she owes $5600, what are my options?
I have terrible credit so does she, my parents and her family are no help, no chance of a bank loan or anything like that, is there anything I can do? I can barely rub two pennies together how am I ...

Does the CA DMV keep track of the permit test you've taken?
Just took my permit test and unfortunately failed, I was wondering if they write down the number of the previous test so the next tin you take it, it's a complete different test. Of course I'...

Questions on california license driving?
Im 16 and i have my lisence in az and i am moving to ca over the summer and i was wondering what will happen when i move there. will i have to hold my permit again? will i just be able to tranfer it ...

I found an old car for really cheap but it doesnt have a title. is there any way to get one?

I can get a title for a car in my name if im underage?
im susposed to b getting a car off a friend soon and im only 16 bt ie been told b some people that i cant put the title to the car in my name cuz im under aged and ive beentold by other people that i ...

Got Car Insurance? American insurance?
AIG may sell U.S. auto unit to Zurich: Google that topic...next time your in an accident your 21st Century Insurer is owned by another country..see if you can get a fair deal on your claim....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, April 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links