Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

What does named driver on car insurance mean?
Find answers to your legal question.

What does named driver on car insurance mean?

I did a quote with gocompare.com and best result was tesco, it has a note saying 'Up to 50% discount for named drivers, when they take out a policy of their own with us' it will be my first insurance on my first car so if i took out with them am i the named driver as i'm only one they'll be driving it??

UK Dad
Drivers must be named on the policy.
This is usually cheaper than "any driver" policies.

val f1 nutter
A named driver on your policy would be somebody who would be driving your car as well as you, ie spouse, sibling, friend. in the technical terms of car insurance you are the 'proposer'.

squonk123
A named driver on an insurance policy is another driver not the policy holder! Say you wanted to put a parent or partner on the insurance, so they can also drive your car!

Sarah M
It means if your parents had a Tesco insurance and you were a named driver on their policy - insured to drive their car on their insurance policy - Tesco would give you a 50% discount for taking out your own insurance policy with them.

If you take out your own policy you are the policy holder or proposer and anyone added on - parent, spouse, partner, friend - would be a named driver on your policy.

Scouse
Rating
It is someone who can drive the car with the owners permission and be covered by insurance. You wil have t pay extra premium for them and there may be special conditions. My wife has ben a named driver on my insurance for many years and both my children were until they got their own cars one write off each and university later

TEL BOY
Rating
You are the principal driver named drivers are other people you name that you will allow to drive your car , it costs tho

Superleague32
Rating
Hi, No if you take out the policy and it is yours and covers you then it is your policy as the 'main driver'. If for example you wanted to insure a friend or a relative on your car as well as yourself, they would be the 'named driver'. Basically 'named driver' means an additional driver to YOUR car insurance policy. You are the main driver. Hope this helps.

Mason Z
Sponge D, For auto insurance the quickest way to get a low quote is do a auto policy comparison. Be sure to choose the same coverage levels, you can get an quick quote to compare against others. Use the same zip code, car make and model, mileage and driving history to make sure you get accurate comparison. To get mulitple auto insurance quotes, go to http://www.goodinternetdeals.com/Auto-Insurance.html and you can compare the major auto insurance companies.

robert.111
Rating
Named Driver The main person who will be driving the car.
Named Drivers Other people you name"

awes
named driver is when the policy holder adds another driver to drive the vehicle he or she is insuring. mainly people will do that when the named driver is young or unexperienced and the policy on there name is quite high. the risk in this is if the named driver has a n accident the policy holder will have to make a claim on there policy and this can result in higer policy quote next term and lose no claims bonus if unprotected

r doug w
It would appear that if you're the named driver on someones ins. then Tesco will give you 50% off if you take out your own..

rugratshd
Rating
Yes, only people with their name on the policy/certificate are allowed to drive under a 'named driver policy No one else can drive your car using your policy

car253
Rating
If the policy is a named driver policy, I would not take it. That means you are only covered if you are named on the policy.

Get a policy that has "permissive use". That means anyone can drive your car. Keep shopping.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Which cars are cheapest to insure?
I've had some problems in the past and my insurance is through the roof. I'd like to finance a car, but I don't want to have to rob banks to afford it. Does it cost different amounts ...

If your drivers license is suspended due to child support and you have a chauffuer's license?
would that be suspended as well and if not can you register a vehicle with it?
Additional Details
i am not refering to me iam asking for a friend but thanks for you negitive comments its ...

Hi any idears where to go for car insurance? iv tried all on the net and jump right up when paying monthly!?

Car Insurance?
My daughter is going to be 17 soon and is looking to buy a small car, ie corsa. Does anyone know the cheapest place to get car insurance for young drivers. She would prefer to have the insurance in ...

How many attempts before you passed your driving test?
i failed my first attempt at my driving test ,and while i didn't really expect to pass ,(i wanted to see what it was all about and how far off test standard i was),i wasn't too far off ...

How can teens afford car insurance??
I really want to learn how to drive but can't really afford car insurance any suggestions??...

Is it illegal to buy a car without insurance and drive it off the lot?

Do I have to carry car insurance?

When you become 18 and you have never had your permit to drive can you just go and get your liscense anyways?
I want to get my liscense ASAP but I dont want to have to worry about a stupid permit. Plus I just got a new dodge dakota and have been driving anyways....

A car crashed into my parked car but the guy doesnt have insurance and I have liability what do I do?
This guy who has been arrested for DUI multiple times crashed into my parked van. I called the cops and stuff because the guy was sleeping after he hit my van and they took him away to a hospital ...

My wife just hit another car. Our damage is around $1500 and I have a $500 deductible; should I turn it in?
My wife was at work and was backing up and she hit a parked car. She knew the person that she hit so the police weren't involved (we are paying for the other parties damages). My question is, ...

If you were in a car accident and it was not your fault?
and you took your car to get an estimate for repairs and found out that it will take 5 days to get your car fixed are you entitle to more money if you dont have another vehicle. or if you rent a car ...

When a person has auto insurance on a car, is it just the one driver that is insured or anyone who drives it?
My girlfriend has a car in her name and she obviously has insurance. She is the only person with insurance in their name for the car. Would I be covered if I were to drive it occasionally? I don�...

Who is responsible for car repairs - registered owner or finance holder?
Hope someone can help! My mother recently agreed to get finance for my sister to buy a car after she was banned for 2 years for a driving offence (she got her licence back now) The car is registered ...

My license will expire in a few months. Do I have to pay to get another one?

What can i do if the person who i sold my car to refuses to change the car under her name ?
I sold it to my sister and she has created many problems like she used my insurance without my permission in 2 car accidents. U know all that insurance hassle. I've initiated title transfer but ...

I gave the keys to someone and they stole my car will it be covered by my insuance since i gave them they keys

If you are married, do you have to cover your spouse on your car insurance?
My husband is covered as a driver under his company and drives his company truck everywhere. He NEVER drives my car, but the insurance company says he has to be listed because he's my spouse. I...

Im buying a new car 29th its got no tax can i drive it home from the garage it will be insured?

My boyfriend crashed my car while dui...will my insurance pay the claim?
By the way he hit a transformer in the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links